• Furman vs. Elon & UT Arlington (Nov. 26 & 27)

#21542  by furpop16
 Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:32 pm
tya1 wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:04 pm
furpop16 wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:49 pm
VegasInsider opened with FU by 14 and currently FU by 15. That feels excessive and I’m guessing it’s swayed by Elon’s current 4- game losing streak, even though their opponents included Michigan, No. Carolina, & Ga Tech. Their latest loss was a close one to Manhattan. I think setting the bar for FU at 15 on Elon’s turf is a bit much.
The fact that Furman has recent record of beating the point spread when favored may have something to do with that.
I'll happily eat crow, as with a little over 7 to go in the 1st half the good guys are up by 8.
 #21545  by CharlieFU
 Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:14 pm
Elon’s 2 leading scorers are 2-12 combined. They are not getting many easy ones.

Man, we can score points in bunches! And get up and down the floor so well.
 #21546  by cavedweller2
 Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:24 pm
I would like to see Bothwell, Clark, Mounce, Gurley and Slawson on the floor at the same time.
Fuonetime liked this
 #21554  by FUPlayer74
 Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:51 pm
Paul C wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:35 pm
Lyons was off tonite.

Gurley and Slawson were so so

Hunter was good.

Mounce and Bothwell were fantastic.
Don't want Jordan to give up on the 3, but some of his decisions on that shot are questionable. He is most effective driving the basket and hitting the pull up jumper or layup.
Jasper, Fuonetime liked this
 #21556  by CharlieFU
 Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:24 pm
I do occasionally cringe when Jordan throws up a 3 that isn’t the best shot. But you gotta give him credit for expanding his game, to drive to basket, draw fouls

Hunter did not go to FT line much last year and I’m guessing same now. Was hoping we would see more drives from him. BUT Bothwell can drive! Lyons is gone next year; start Bothwell with the other 4 and watch that team GO!

Clay had a lot of friends and family there, so I’m pleased he Had a good game. 20 pts in 23 min, 7 boards, 5 steals, 3 assists.

Noah scored early but not again until late in game. Interesting to see how he improves his game.

When we are good, we are really good! And FUN to watch too.
FUPlayer74, Fuonetime liked this
 #21558  by CharlieFU
 Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:34 pm
We bothered them a lot with our defense. Hunter locked down the transfer from Stanford.

Kenney and Beeker got good minutes.

We are at our best when we get the ball inside and kick out for open 3. Mounce shot a 10 foot jumper. We NEVER do that. It’s either the 3 or to the rim, by design.

Did I mention how much fun that was?
furpop16, Fuonetime liked this
 #21563  by DungeonRealm
 Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:56 pm
I believe UTA will be a much tougher test than Elon, they have more athletes that can challenge us. Will be a good test for us playing 2 games in 2 days, as we are hoping to win 3 games in 3 days come March at the SoCon tourney!
 #21564  by tya1
 Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:27 am
Reminder - Elon lost to North Carolina by 14, and Michigan by 20. North Carolina only was up by 7 with a couple of minutes or so to go in their game. I don't know if that proves anything except we were ready to play tonight and took the game very seriously.

Really good three point shooting tonight made the margin, but great defense against Elon's main scorers was what crushed their hopes. Marcus Sheffield, the grad transfer from Stanford, had been averaging over 18 ppg before tonight but was held to 2 points on 1-7 shooting. Their second leading scorer also only hit 1-7 from the floor.

Hope we are sharp tomorrow because of the quick turnaround from tonight's game. At least we won easy enough to be able to rest some guys and use the bench.
FUKA61, MNORM liked this

Recent Topics

Default Avatar FU VS W&M GAME THREAD

by gofurman

Sun Sep 22, 2024 1:29 am

User avatar THE NEW SEASON

by apaladin

Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:57 pm

User avatar Bothwell

by FU Hoopla

Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:46 pm

User avatar Furman upsets Virginia (Greatest Game Of All Time)

by apaladin

Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:31 pm

Default Avatar Missing Players

by gofurman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 10:35 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.