• (19-14) Wichita St. @ (25-7) Furman (March 20th)(NIT First Round)

#12545  by CharlieFU
 Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:17 pm
DungeonRealm wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:52 pm
Typical loss

We always come up small in the big ones when the pressure is on late in the season, for the last 4 years

Sickening
Tough loss. Played hard. Quite a season. Moving in right direction. Another step in the journey.

I guess you forgot about the two post season wins we had in Niko’s last year?
 #12546  by DungeonRealm
 Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:23 pm
CharlieFU wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:17 pm
DungeonRealm wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:52 pm
Typical loss

We always come up small in the big ones when the pressure is on late in the season, for the last 4 years

Sickening
Tough loss. Played hard. Quite a season. Moving in right direction. Another step in the journey.

I guess you forgot about the two post season wins we had in Niko’s last year?

I don't consider beating USC-Upstate and Campbell in the CIT anything worth mentioning at all

I am speaking more to the tune of the SoCon tourney and now NIT, which have been massive failures for us the last 4 years now
Affirm liked this
 #12548  by CharlieFU
 Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:26 pm
furman88 wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:09 pm
Great season, we got outplayed and outcoached. No consistancy, no points off the bench. Clemson should breeze by this team.
[/quot

A matter of perspective I suppose but from reading comments elsewhere don’t agree we got outcoached.

I’m fine with pointing out where we can do better but not to the point we don’t acknowledge from whence we have come.

I’m done with this board. I don’t need the negativity in my life.

Congrats to Coach Richey, the staff and players on a fine season. I’m proud of all of you. Keep it up!
dornb liked this
 #12549  by fufanatic
 Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:28 pm
I disagree strongly with your take on Wichita. That’s a really good team who clearly looked like the team that had won 11 of last 14 instead of the team that started I think 0-6 in conference. Plus Marshall is one of the elite coaches in the game. Do I think we could/should have won? Yeah, sure. We were in it and missed some big shots. That hurts. We have to get more consistent and learn to win in March, but we aren’t that far away.
Affirm, Flagman, FUKA61 and 2 others liked this
 #12552  by Flagman
 Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:32 pm
furman88 wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:09 pm
Great season, we got outplayed and outcoached. No consistancy, no points off the bench. Clemson should breeze by this team.

You must have watched a different game than I did.
dornb, gman, MNORM and 1 others liked this
 #12553  by Flagman
 Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:34 pm
DungeonRealm wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:25 pm
Whatever, now time for the long off-season ahead
Only 5 months 'til Paladin football.
Thanks Coach Ritchey for a great year. Many memories for sure. Great foundation has been laid.
FUBeAR, QCGlue, dornb liked this
 #12556  by purplehorse
 Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:38 pm
I never bought into us being favored. I think we got a bad draw. I thought it was a great college basketball game and a great atmosphere. I thought WS was a good team. Too much inside height and too many points in the paint. We had a very good season but we need more consistency to take it to the next level. Need all starters to contribute. To get in the NIT was great and even better to be at home. After our 12-0 start we really only beat two very good teams-ETSU and UNCG. Just not enough offensive firepower to beat the best teams. Excited about the future of Furman basketball.

Matt Rafferty was one of the most fun basketball players to watch-a real stud. Wish the best to him and all our seniors.

I wish we could sign Bob Richey for life. An inspiring coach and person.

GO PALADINS!
dornb, QCGlue liked this
 #12557  by DungeonRealm
 Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:40 pm
Flagman wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:34 pm
DungeonRealm wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:25 pm
Whatever, now time for the long off-season ahead
Only 5 months 'til Paladin football.
Thanks Coach Ritchey for a great year. Many memories for sure. Great foundation has been laid.

Yeah good season

But its obvious, if we are going to ever make any real noise in March we gotta get more size and better shooting, we just not there yet, last 3 years have been major disappointments in March
 #12560  by Paladin91
 Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:46 pm
affirm wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:35 pm
I say it again and will keep saying it: we need to seek out more WSU-type programs for our OOC schedule every year, even though having to play them at their place, instead of non-D1 home games (at least 1 more WSU-type and at least 1 fewer non-D1 that what this year had).
Agree 100%. Wichita St., Butler, Creighton, Dayton, Xavier, Buffalo

Recent Topics

User avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:32 am

User avatar Notes from all around

by FurmanATT

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:26 am

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:44 am

User avatar Countdown to Tip-Off

by FU Hoopla

Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:52 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:37 am

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.