• Furman @ Samford (Feb. 25th 2pm)(SoCon Regular Season Championship)

#67278  by Davemeister
 Sat Feb 25, 2023 4:23 pm
saltyshaker wrote:
Sat Feb 25, 2023 4:05 pm
a statement game.regular season conference championship.check.# one tourny seed.check.guaranteed n i t bid.check.
after the mercer game i mentioned 3 keys to winning today.
one.better rebounding.check.shoot freethrows.check. and finally needed bothwell to show up.check check check check.on to ashville for the tourny championship and the ncaa bid.if we play like we did today,we will succeed.

Play like we did today and we'll run away with it.
apaladin, FU Hoopla, dornb liked this
 #67280  by Roundball
 Sat Feb 25, 2023 4:25 pm
Roundball wrote:
Sat Feb 25, 2023 1:42 pm
Good news on the CBS Sports game on now. Cof C is up big on Stony Brook with 7:19 to go. That game should finish on time. By the way, the announcers just highlighted our game with Samford. Championship basketball, folks. It doesn’t get much better. DEFENSE! Start fast. Don’t let up. Finish Strong. DEFENSE! Go Paladins!
Start fast. Done.
Don't let up. Done.
Finish Strong. Done.
Defense. Done.

Great effort by our Paladins!
Fuonetime, MidlandsPaladin, apaladin and 3 others liked this
 #67289  by apaladin
 Sat Feb 25, 2023 4:36 pm
17-18 at the line in the second half. Awesome! CBR said they shot zero free throws yesterday. Said it is all mental, gotta believe its going in. Gotta love CBR. MB with 35 points, said he wanted to play the game last night when he got there but had to wait. He was READY!!
 #67308  by FU Hoopla
 Sat Feb 25, 2023 5:23 pm
FurmAlum wrote:
Sat Feb 25, 2023 5:20 pm
Hoop. Let us know if you need a sedative. There are several MD's on the board that can write a prescription. :D
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I've been losing my mind ever since the Championship game last year, yet its been worth every bit of it!
Fuonetime liked this
 #67310  by Sad Din
 Sat Feb 25, 2023 5:25 pm
FurmanATT wrote:
Sat Feb 25, 2023 10:26 am
I have no idea what this means, though I'm relatively confident it means nothing. Last night I dreamed about the Samford game. Nothing conclusive. I was just watching the game from press row, where I won't be today. The only thing unusual is that I've never had a dream about a game the night before, not even long ago when it was the high school state championship football game. It probably just means I'm vitally interested, obsessed even. I'm optimistic. I don't think I've gone into a game expecting Furman to lose all year. Well, N.C. State, maybe. I have so much confidence in the team that I have come to expect it will do what it takes to win. After all the ups and downs, Furman was seeded 2nd with 6 SoCon losses last year, and if Samford wins today, the Paladins are likely to be seeded 3rd with 4. But, as that high school football coach used to say, "Ain't gon' be no talk about losing." A win today, and Furman is seeded 1st. A win today and it's the noon game in Asheville on Saturday. Looking back at last season, we all dwell on Alex Hunter's loss, and Alex was fantastic. But all year long, particularly as J.P. Pegues has progressed before our very eyes, just as Bob said he would, I think the greatest loss, practically, was Conley Garrison. This team is better, and the Richey assembly line has been running smoothly. In some ways, the team has so many weapons that it's impossible for everyone to score in every game. I expect a big game from Mike Bothwell today, but I expected it the last two games, too, and by the way, it's not like Mike hasn't played well. He just hasn't scored. The greatest virtue of this team is that someone, in fact more than one, always steps up. If everyone did what they can do, the Dins would score 150 points a game. That having been said, I am knocking regularly on wood because even though superstition is absurd, it is a fun hobby. I do it just in case there's something to it. -- MD
Hope you keep dreaming! BTW if you happen to see some numbers let us know... (Lottery wins!)
FU Hoopla, dornb, FurmanATT liked this
 #67326  by purplehorse123
 Sat Feb 25, 2023 7:55 pm
FU Hoopla wrote:
Sat Feb 25, 2023 6:49 pm
FurmanATT wrote:
Sat Feb 25, 2023 6:10 pm
Anticlimactic at this point, but ETSU just knocked off UNCG -- MD
Indeed, not title for them :D
I would much rather be co-champions with Sammy vs 3-way champions. Sounds better to me.
dornb liked this
 #67327  by purplehorse123
 Sat Feb 25, 2023 7:58 pm
apaladin wrote:
Sat Feb 25, 2023 3:27 pm
Whitt just scares me. Turnover waiting to happen.
Yep if he can’t improve in a tremendous way before next year I think Joe Anderson will pass him. Never seen a guard who misses most 3’s so badly, misses FT’s and tends to turn the ball over. I have confidence he can improve in a big way.
apaladin liked this

Recent Topics

User avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:46 am

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:44 am

User avatar Countdown to Tip-Off

by FU Hoopla

Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:52 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:37 am

Default Avatar 2025 Hoops Recruiting

by tya1

Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:44 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.