• 2020 Recruiting

#14538  by Jasper
 Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:59 am
There is no question that the young man looks impressive in the video but then again, who doesn't in a recruiting video? I saw him making a lot of loosely contested 3 pointers in the one I watched. What level of competition is he facing?
 #14539  by bigpurple75
 Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:14 am
Maryville is located about 15 miles outside of Knoxville. Better known for football (Quarles), but competition is mostly in the Knoxville and Chattanooga areas. Remember, Sibley came from Knoxville. I assure you, he has faced some decent competition.
 #14540  by gman
 Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:30 am
Jasper wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:59 am
There is no question that the young man looks impressive in the video but then again, who doesn't in a recruiting video? I saw him making a lot of loosely contested 3 pointers in the one I watched. What level of competition is he facing?
That video was from the UAA event. I expect the competition is at a high level. https://about.underarmour.com/news/2018 ... -and-teams

https://www.prephoops.com/2018/04/intro ... rson-2020/

https://hoopseen.com/news/event/201710/ ... t-notebook
 #14541  by gman
 Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:42 am
Another one. https://hoopseen.com/news/general/20170 ... -tennessee

Joe Anderson
5'11 Point Guard
Maryville/Maryville, TN
BMaze Elite 2020

"If you love basketball and consider yourself a student of the game, as I do, then Joe Anderson is your kind of kid. He's small, probably not going to get much bigger but he is slick, he is tough, he is a winner and he loves to make you second guess yourself, as you judged him by his appearance. Everybody was bigger than him in July but he still won every match-up, he is quick, he sees the floor like Stockton, he has a nasty pull-up and is deadly from three. He hits game winners, several game-winners like no big deal, who's next. He is an excellent on-ball defender, he's sneaky as a help defender, think Travis Deiner, he already sports an offer from ETSU as he enters his sophomore campaign at the same high school that produced the NCAA tournament's all-time leading 3-point shooter Lee Humphrey, the two time NCAA champion from Florida."
Jasper liked this
 #14542  by Jasper
 Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:24 pm
Thank you. That is very high praise from people in the know about the area. This might be a great "get" before his senior season. he may not get taller but he certainly will fill out some in the next few years, especially when he gets into a college level weight program. Very good court awareness and a sweet stroke. He also sounds like a good kid with a level head who will stick with a commitment once made. I liked his Steph Curry reference to Davidson.
 #14543  by apaladin
 Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:03 pm
I'm sold if he sees the floor anywhere near the way Stockton did who IMHO is the best pure point guard ever. :D
 #14619  by Monday
 Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:48 am
Connor Kochera F 6’4” from Arlington IL per VerbalCommits

Justus Cooper F 6’4” from Izard County AR per an old Twitter

It’s July, time for some serious recruiting!
 #14637  by tya1
 Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:12 pm
Cooper also lists offers from Arkansas State and South Alabama on his twitter, although Verbal Commits doesn't have any page for him. He was MVP of the Arkansas 1A state champions. Appears to have a solid all-around game. Good athlete. Has been productive on his AAU team, which has multiple P5 recruits.

Kochera was good last season, but has made a big jump in the ratings with a great Spring in AAU action. He now has 9 D1 offers including offers from the Paladins, Wofford, and Southern Illinois since Sunday. Kochera is another excellent shooter who is regarded as a smart, skillful player and deceptive athlete.
MNORM liked this
 #14695  by Monday
 Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:39 pm
Kaleb Scott 6’7” F Holly Springs, NC per VerbalCommits

He currently holds offers from the the usual cast of characters we recruit against: Elon, Wofford, UNCA, CofC, Charlotte, App St, as well as East Carolina, Geo Mason, and GaSt

He plays for Alex Hunter’s former adidas Gauntlet team, Garner Road.
 #14696  by tya1
 Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:07 pm
Just about to post this. A little extra info - Scott is a tough, athletic post player who has drawn comparisons to Tennessee star Grant Williams. He is listed at 6'7" 230 lb. Williams is a good comparison. Scott is physical and aggressive around the hoop.
 #14856  by tya1
 Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:30 pm
Offer reported for -

Andre Weir 6'10" 265 Chaminade-Madonna College Prep., Hollywood, FL

He has 15 offers listed on Verbal Commits. Nine of those offers reported in the past 24 hours. Offers include Wofford, Mercer, ETSU, App. State, Georgia Southern, Bradley, McNeese State, Southern Illinois among others.

In his highlights he shows some smooth moves from the low post and good hands and a soft touch around the basket.
MNORM liked this
 #15120  by Paul C
 Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:50 pm
JohnW wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:08 pm
According to twitter Garrett Hien, 6-9 F, from Concord NC has committed.
from Phenom Hoop Report

"Hein had a good summer, playing 17u with PSB Elite. However, he transferred to Concord 1st Assembly and reclassified to the junior class and he took off. He showed a unique blend of skills during this event, a blend that should have Division 1 programs fighting over themselves for him. He scored the ball in every way you would want a 6’8″ prospect to do. He attacked the rim off the bounce, he canned threes and he scored (over both shoulders) with his back to the basket. Hein is a double/double machine as a tough rebounder, against a very tall and strong Moravian Prep front line, Hein finished with 21 points and 8 boards. "
FUKA61 liked this

Recent Topics

User avatar FU VS W&M GAME THREAD

by FUTex

Sun Sep 22, 2024 12:26 am

User avatar THE NEW SEASON

by apaladin

Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:57 pm

User avatar Bothwell

by FU Hoopla

Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:46 pm

User avatar Furman upsets Virginia (Greatest Game Of All Time)

by apaladin

Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:31 pm

Default Avatar Missing Players

by gofurman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 10:35 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.