• CIT

#963  by Fuonetime
 Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:33 pm
Unfortunately, Furman is not yet ready for the NCAA or NIT, however, the CIT would be an excellent fit in terms of competion and perhaps a stepping stone to future higher level basketball tournaments. The additional work for Jalen, Clay etc would also be very valuable. However, if the seniors don’t want to participate then, of course, it should be a no go. We are raising money for the basketball program and participation in the CIT might be a good use of some of the funds.
 #978  by tim
 Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:49 am
Fuonetime wrote:
Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:33 pm
Unfortunately, Furman is not yet ready for the NCAA or NIT, however, the CIT would be an excellent fit in terms of competion and perhaps a stepping stone to future higher level basketball tournaments. The additional work for Jalen, Clay etc would also be very valuable. However, if the seniors don’t want to participate then, of course, it should be a no go. We are raising money for the basketball program and participation in the CIT might be a good use of some of the funds.
I totally agree with you, apparently so does Wofford and Mercer who have accepted bids. Mercer to the CBI.
 #994  by apaladin
 Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:46 pm
The CIT had 4 games on CBS sports network today.
FU69 liked this
 #995  by tya1
 Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:08 am
I enjoyed seeing the team play post-season games the past couple of years. In addition to being a little bonus basketball for this season they can also be thought of the first games of next season and a chance to create more experience for the younger players.
FU69 liked this
 #999  by CharlieFU
 Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:07 am
I looked briefly at CIT and CBI fields. I think there may have been two teams with a better RPI than us. We fell squarely twixt them and the NIT.
FU69 liked this
 #1001  by fufanatic
 Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:40 am
CharlieFU wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:07 am
I looked briefly at CIT and CBI fields. I think there may have been two teams with a better RPI than us. We fell squarely twixt them and the NIT.
I think you're right, which is a step in the right direction I suppose. Thankfully there's not a fifth tournament that's somewhere between the NIT and the others. I guess the Las Vegas pay to play tourney is no more.
 #1031  by apaladin
 Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:03 am
Just watched Mercer beat Grand Canyon before a packed house in Phoenix. Great atmosphere for college basketball. Refs were worse that SoCon LOL.
 #1032  by Fessor
 Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:57 am
apaladin wrote:
Just watched Mercer beat Grand Canyon before a packed house in Phoenix. Great atmosphere for college basketball. Refs were worse that SoCon LOL.
Thunder Dan has to be on the hot seat.
apaladin liked this
 #1040  by CharlieFU
 Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:32 pm
Fessor wrote:
apaladin wrote:
Uh? He has won a bunch of games (64%) and came within one game this year of getting to NCAA tournament in their first year of eligibility after moving from DII to DI. I’m thinkbig his job is safe. Or did I misunderstand?
 #1043  by Fessor
 Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:27 am
CharlieFU wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:32 pm
Fessor wrote:
apaladin wrote:
Uh? He has won a bunch of games (64%) and came within one game this year of getting to NCAA tournament in their first year of eligibility after moving from DII to DI. I’m thinkbig his job is safe. Or did I misunderstand?
You're right. I was thinking this year represented a step back year-over-year in that they made the CIT quarterfinals last year.
 #1048  by CharlieFU
 Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:10 am
Credit to Bob Hoffman at Mercer. Though they lost in SoCon tourney, they finished the year strong and then win a post season game.
 #1053  by Flagman
 Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:24 am
Glad, in a way, that we passed on this tournament. We would have had zero fans in Phoenix, except for a couple of parents, maybe.
 #1097  by soconjohn
 Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:35 am
Furman was 98th in RPI...NCAA Tournament takes 68 and NIT 32....Furman and ETSU would qualify for the NIT alone based on RPI...Steve Forbes--ETSU coach-- said it best...We won't make the NIT or NCAA Tournament with nine losses, but there are teams that will get in both of those tournaments that I guarantee we could be beat and are better than!
Jasper, fufanatic liked this

Recent Topics

Default Avatar 2025 Hoops Recruiting

by tya1

Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:44 pm

Default Avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FurmAlum

Thu Sep 19, 2024 8:40 pm

Default Avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by gofurman

Thu Sep 19, 2024 6:09 pm

Default Avatar Score guess for Furman vs Stetson

by gofurman

Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:51 pm

User avatar Roster Addition

by cavedweller2

Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:10 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.