• Searching for the right transfer

#69787  by tya1
 Sat Mar 25, 2023 8:29 pm
The name seemed familiar so I checked it out, Sofield is a player we were looking at when he was a high school senior. He was putting up huge numbers at a small high school playing in a low level league.
FU Hoopla liked this
 #69793  by FU Hoopla
 Sat Mar 25, 2023 8:52 pm
tya1 wrote:
Sat Mar 25, 2023 8:29 pm
The name seemed familiar so I checked it out, Sofield is a player we were looking at when he was a high school senior. He was putting up huge numbers at a small high school playing in a low level league.
I would love for us to add him
dornb liked this
 #69795  by apaladin
 Sat Mar 25, 2023 9:10 pm
Looks like we are very active in the portal which is good, i think we have interest in everyone in the portal so far! :lol: :lol:
 #69801  by FU Hoopla
 Sun Mar 26, 2023 1:21 am
apaladin wrote:
Sat Mar 25, 2023 9:10 pm
Looks like we are very active in the portal which is good, i think we have interest in everyone in the portal so far! :lol: :lol:
I like the fact that we just have to focus on finding only one guy that will fit our needs, we certainly should be able to land a solid player to help us contend next season...........
apaladin, dornb liked this
 #69813  by Davemeister
 Sun Mar 26, 2023 10:03 am
How many transfers are we looking for? I know we have the JA opening, but it seems like the coaches were looking at the portal before Joe entered.
 #69815  by apaladin
 Sun Mar 26, 2023 12:03 pm
Davemeister wrote:
How many transfers are we looking for? I know we have the JA opening, but it seems like the coaches were looking at the portal before Joe entered.
Good question. Currently 10 scholarship players, 2 incoming and the JA departure leaves one. Another possibility is Lawrence could graduate as he is in his fourth year, especially if he is not healthy. Coaches could have known JA was leaving too.
 #69817  by dornb
 Sun Mar 26, 2023 1:04 pm
apaladin wrote:
Davemeister wrote:
Good question. Currently, 10 scholarship players, 2 incoming, and the JA departure leaves one. Another possibility is Lawrence could graduate as he is in his fourth year, especially if he is not healthy. Coaches could have known JA was leaving too.
Is there a possibility of getting another player with an academic scholarship?
 #69818  by Furmanoid
 Sun Mar 26, 2023 3:12 pm
dornb wrote:
apaladin wrote:
Davemeister wrote:
Good question. Currently, 10 scholarship players, 2 incoming, and the JA departure leaves one. Another possibility is Lawrence could graduate as he is in his fourth year, especially if he is not healthy. Coaches could have known JA was leaving too.
The other way to do it is just to give somebody NIL money equivalent to a scholarship. Scholarship limits are meaningless now if you have money.
 #69820  by apaladin
 Sun Mar 26, 2023 4:34 pm
dornb wrote:
apaladin wrote:
Davemeister wrote:
No, academic or any other type of scholarship counts toward the limit.
 #69821  by FurmAlum
 Sun Mar 26, 2023 4:37 pm
After watching the SDSU/Creighton game, I think we need to get a big man with some skills.

And a like both of those teams.

If Pegues, Foster, VanderWal, and Whitt can work on their shooting in the off season we should be able to compete. Williams is already there. Lawrence can shoot it if he's healthy. Incoming freshmen look good, but unproven at collegiate level. Molnar, don't know.
 #69827  by The Jackal
 Sun Mar 26, 2023 5:37 pm
FurmAlum wrote:
Sun Mar 26, 2023 4:37 pm
After watching the SDSU/Creighton game, I think we need to get a big man with some skills.

And a like both of those teams.

If Pegues, Foster, VanderWal, and Whitt can work on their shooting in the off season we should be able to compete. Williams is already there. Lawrence can shoot it if he's healthy. Incoming freshmen look good, but unproven at collegiate level. Molnar, don't know.
I mean, a mid major big man that can play is the unicorn.
 #69828  by FurmanFan23
 Sun Mar 26, 2023 6:36 pm
Not true at all. San Diego state has height, FAU has a 7 footer and Saint Mary’s just had a 7 foot 4 player transfer. There is height in mid major just not here at FU. I agree go after a big man