• Practice Begins

#57816  by DiamonDin
 Mon Oct 10, 2022 2:25 pm
AP, hard to really tell about Whitt, based on a limited sample but he didn't take many shots. My guess is he may be more of a "pass first" guard but he did hit a 3 near the end of the scrimmage and looked comfortable doing it. As far as Lawrence, he looked healthy based on how he was moving and even mixed it up inside a bit. That was probably the most active and involved I've seen him since he got here. Also, one other highlight I left out previously - Hein looked good as well. He backed 6'6" Davis Molnar near the basket and used his height advantage to hit a couple of nice-looking jump hooks.
apaladin, furpop16, dornb and 1 others liked this
 #57821  by DungeonRealm
 Mon Oct 10, 2022 3:19 pm
Gotta think our top 8 right now is (no particular order)
Bothwell
Slawson
Foster
Hien
Whitt
Anderson
Pegues
Hughey

So the big question for Richey to answer will be, does he want to play 9 or 10 guys in the rotation and who those 1 or 2 other guys will be
Fuonetime liked this
 #57822  by Roundball
 Mon Oct 10, 2022 3:25 pm
On Saturday, I was most impressed with Hien and Anderson. Both looked ready to play now. Anderson had that extreme look of confidence that I have rarely seen in a player. I hope that continues into the season.
Last edited by Roundball on Tue Oct 11, 2022 5:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
dornb, apaladin, Davemeister and 2 others liked this
 #57839  by DungeonRealm
 Mon Oct 10, 2022 7:18 pm
Roundball wrote:
Mon Oct 10, 2022 3:25 pm
On Saturday, I was most impressed with Hien and Anderson. Both looked ready to play now. Anderson had that extreme look on confidence that I have rarely seen in a player. I hope that continues into the season.
Definitely will be huge for those guys to step up!
apaladin liked this
 #58019  by MNORM
 Fri Oct 14, 2022 9:47 am
DiamonDin wrote:
Sat Oct 08, 2022 10:13 pm
I watched for about 30-40 minutes. Here are my takeaways:
1. They will play FAST. Granted it was early in the practice season but they were moving.
2. I thought Joe Anderson was the most impressive "point" guard, followed closely by J.P. and Carter. Whitt looked like he is still getting comfortable with his new team.
3. If today was any indication, Marcus will be an all-conference-type player. He was everywhere - rebounding, scoring inside on drives, he hit 2 or 3 triples and, of course playing very good defense.
4. Of the 3 newcomers, I was most impressed with VanderWal. He hustled yet played under control. Looks to be a good shooter and even took a charge.
5. Coach will have a hard time narrowing his "active roster" to 9 or 10 players. Lots of talent and every player on the roster does something very well. Should be some very competitive practices between now and November.

This is a great problem to have. Will give CBR the ability to go very deep into the bench during OOC games as well as "big lead" conference games. Bench experience and well rested starters are huge advantages once you get to Asheville.
I have a feeling we'll see a positive performance trajectory for Whitt as the season progresses and he settles into the offense and his role....much the same as we saw with Conley Garrison.
Can't wait for this season to start.
furpop16, apaladin, AstroDin liked this
 #58377  by din23
 Wed Oct 19, 2022 10:18 pm
Roundball wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 1:08 pm
https://watchstadium.com/not-so-secret- ... 0-07-2022/

SOCON
Chattanooga – Oct. 22 at Eastern Kentucky; Oct. 29 vs. Kennesaw State
Citadel – Oct. 23 at Georgia Southern
ETSU – N/A
Furman – Oct. 22 vs. UNC Asheville; Oct. 30 vs. Lipscomb at Lee University
Mercer – Oct. 29 vs. Jacksonville State in Atlanta
Samford – Oct. 22 vs. Georgia State; Oct. 29 vs. Tennessee State at Wallace State CC-Hanceville
UNCG – Oct. 15 at Longwood; Oct. 29 vs. UNCW at NC State
VMI – Oct. 29 at Campbell
Western Carolina – Oct. 23 vs. College of Charleston; Oct. 29 vs. Belmont Abbey
Wofford – Oct. 15 at Winthrop; Oct. 30 vs. Belmont at Carson-Newman
I look forward to hearing about our first not-so-secret scrimmage against UNC Asheville this weekend. I'm sure the guys are ready to compete against someone other than themselves.
 #58390  by Flagman
 Thu Oct 20, 2022 7:59 am
Roundball wrote:
Mon Oct 17, 2022 9:42 am
Are they not going to publish a time?
 #58393  by Roundball
 Thu Oct 20, 2022 8:24 am
Flagman wrote:
Roundball wrote:
The tweet was a teaser, so we have to assume the time will be announced soon. I like the marketing efforts so far. There was a decent crowd for the practice open to season ticket holders.
 #58395  by Flagman
 Thu Oct 20, 2022 9:23 am
Roundball wrote:
Flagman wrote:
Roundball wrote:
The tweet was a teaser, so we have to assume the time will be announced soon. I like the marketing efforts so far. There was a decent crowd for the practice open to season ticket holders.
I missed the first scrimmage because it was held during a football game. Planning to attend the one on Tuesday. I hate teasers. Just give me the date and time.
apaladin liked this
 #58412  by Roundball
 Thu Oct 20, 2022 1:49 pm
Flagman wrote:
Thu Oct 20, 2022 9:23 am
Roundball wrote:
Flagman wrote:
Roundball wrote:
I missed the first scrimmage because it was held during a football game. Planning to attend the one on Tuesday. I hate teasers. Just give me the date and time.
I agree. The old folks like us don’t like teasers. We will attend no matter what. However, the younger folks love this kind of marketing. They are the targeted audience, which means giving them the time as late as possible. Young folks respond to the excitement of late minute notices.

Recent Topics

User avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:32 am

User avatar Notes from all around

by FurmanATT

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:26 am

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:44 am

User avatar Countdown to Tip-Off

by FU Hoopla

Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:52 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:37 am

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.