• SoCon Tournament Projections

#50750  by stonemd
 Thu Feb 24, 2022 1:57 pm
On the other side of the bracket
Winner of
UTC vs ETSU/Citadel
Vs
UNCG/Wofford/VMI
Last edited by stonemd on Thu Feb 24, 2022 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #50752  by GOAT
 Thu Feb 24, 2022 2:44 pm
This is why I think we can win. If we play our best, we will beat every team in the league. UTC can and has been beat. When we have not played our best, we almost won everyone of those games. Thus with small improvements we can win those games. All of the other teams have various problems as well. Other teams also have bad games. Thus, may not need to play three great games. It is just time for FU to win. This is the 7 year in a row we have had winning season. These kids know how to win. These kids had nothing to do with the loses in 80's, 90's, 00's and 10's. IT IS FU TIME.
RaleighDin, underjack, din23 and 5 others liked this
 #50758  by Affirm
 Thu Feb 24, 2022 6:09 pm
GOAT wrote:
Thu Feb 24, 2022 2:44 pm
This is why I think we can win. If we play our best, we will beat every team in the league. UTC can and has been beat. When we have not played our best, we almost won everyone of those games. Thus with small improvements we can win those games. All of the other teams have various problems as well. Other teams also have bad games. Thus, may not need to play three great games. It is just time for FU to win. This is the 7 year in a row we have had winning season. These kids know how to win. These kids had nothing to do with the loses in 80's, 90's, 00's and 10's. IT IS FU TIME.
Yes. It is just time for FU to win. We will win. 268 hours from right now we will be celebrating our SoCon championship.
stonemd liked this
 #50759  by apaladin
 Thu Feb 24, 2022 9:55 pm
Interesting comments from CBR on the Marc Ryan show this afternoon. “At this time of year teams have 2 types of attitudes”. 1. they are ready to get it over with or 2. They are ready to get ready for the most important games of the year and are ready to work hard for them.” Paraphrasing. Guess we will see which FU is in the next few days.
 #50765  by stonemd
 Fri Feb 25, 2022 12:00 pm
As of today tourney seeds
1 UTC
2 Furman or Samford
3 Furman, Samford, UNCG
4 Samford, VMI (maybe coin flip)
5 UNCG, VMI
6 winner of Wofford/Mercer
7 loser of Wofford/Mercer
8 ETSU/Citadel
9 ETSU/Citadel
10 Western
 #50766  by Jasper
 Fri Feb 25, 2022 12:41 pm
It looks to me as if Furman will be the #2 seed regardless of whether we beat Citadel on Saturday or not. The only team that can tie Furman is Samford with them both 11-7 in the league. The tie breakers are even with both teams until Mercer I believe with each of them going the same with VMI, UNCG and Wofford. We beat Mercer twice and Samford went 1-1. Is that correct?
 #50767  by apaladin
 Fri Feb 25, 2022 12:47 pm
Jasper wrote:
It looks to me as if Furman will be the #2 seed regardless of whether we beat Citadel on Saturday or not. The only team that can tie Furman is Samford with them both 11-7 in the league. The tie breakers are even with both teams until Mercer I believe with each of them going the same with VMI, UNCG and Wofford. We beat Mercer twice and Samford went 1-1. Is that correct?
No the only way they could tie is Samford beating UTC Saturday which would give them the tiebreaker.
 #50768  by apaladin
 Fri Feb 25, 2022 12:54 pm
stonemd wrote:
Fri Feb 25, 2022 12:00 pm
As of today tourney seeds
1 UTC
2 Furman or Samford
3 Furman, Samford, UNCG
4 Samford, VMI (maybe coin flip)
5 UNCG, VMI
6 winner of Wofford/Mercer
7 loser of Wofford/Mercer
8 ETSU/Citadel
9 ETSU/Citadel
10 Western
Not exactly correct for example the winner of WC/Mer won’t necessarily be #6. Depends on other games. A lot could change and prolly will with the Saturday/Sunday results. We do know that FU will play Saturday at 6 or 8:30.
 #50770  by Jasper
 Fri Feb 25, 2022 5:14 pm
apaladin wrote:
Fri Feb 25, 2022 12:47 pm
Jasper wrote:
No the only way they could tie is Samford beating UTC Saturday which would give them the tiebreaker.
Only if Furman lost. They would both be 11 -7. Why would they win the tiebreaker?
 #50774  by din23
 Fri Feb 25, 2022 10:09 pm
Because we would be 1-1 against each other head to head and the next tiebreaker is how you fared against the #1 team and so on. In this scenario Samford would be 1-1 against Chattanooga, and we would be 0-2.
 #50829  by stonemd
 Sat Feb 26, 2022 5:15 pm
Who do root for in the rest of the gam3s? Who do we match up best against?
Last edited by stonemd on Sat Feb 26, 2022 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #50848  by MidlandsPaladin
 Sat Feb 26, 2022 9:17 pm
If I am looking at the standings correctly, it looks like we avoid Woffy, UNCG, Chatt, and ETSU until final game - regardless of the outcome of tomorrow’s game.

FU/Mercer, then winner of Samford/VMI (if seeds hold). Good draw in my opinion.

Recent Topics

Default Avatar TV

by Afurmanfan

Fri Sep 20, 2024 8:36 pm

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by AllTimeFU

Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:28 pm

Default Avatar Other teams on schedule - upcoming scouting

by gofurman

Fri Sep 20, 2024 6:05 pm

Default Avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by gofurman

Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:22 pm

User avatar Notes from all around

by FurmanATT

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:26 am

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.