• Surprised uhhhh. NO.

#50083  by purplehorse
 Mon Feb 07, 2022 10:01 pm
We honestly do not have someone you can count on every night. No real go-to guy. So far the season has been marked by the word “INCONSISTENCY.” Yep what would have been a big game against UTC is not so big now. And of course UTC beats Mercer tonight with a 3 that swished with .1 seconds left.

There may be a FURMAN curse but I think a truer statement is we need a little more talent. Hope Slawson and Bothwell come back next year or it will be a long season.

The worst thing will be if Wofford splits with us this year which could certainly happen.
 #50084  by apaladin
 Mon Feb 07, 2022 10:03 pm
Thought a 20+ win season was a shue n late last week. Now it is doubtful for sure just to get to 20. Have to win 3 out of 5 with 3 on the road. CBR was a no show on the postgame. Wonder why?
 #50085  by Paladin91
 Mon Feb 07, 2022 10:22 pm
What's the status of Johnny Lawrence? Thought I heard earlier he might be back in 2nd half of season. Is he gone for the season?
 #50087  by apaladin
 Mon Feb 07, 2022 10:45 pm
ETSU played only 7 players, a total of 24 mins from their bench. Their starters played the whole game and they still outplayed FU the last 5+ mins. That is not good.
 #50088  by Jasper
 Mon Feb 07, 2022 10:46 pm
WOW. Last week Furman was far and away the best team in the SoCon and Bob Richey was the second coming of John Wooden. Now they are being vilified chokers , etc by a fair weather fan base Disappointed is one thing but the crap being said on here is infantile. Now hear this. Furman plays a motion offense predicated around the 3 point shot. They do that because it is the only way they can win. We are not big enough to play a more conventional offense and we do not have the talent level necessary. When you live by the 3, there will be games like the last two where we shoot under 20 % in the first half while the opponent shoots 70% as ETSU did tonight. Shit happens! Last week when we shot around 40 % from 3 we were beating teams by 30 points. We are not as good as we looked then and we are not as bad as it seems now. Having a bunch of fans hating on the team like doesn’t help things at all. As a matter of fact it sucks. If these same “cursed” kids come out on Saturday with a defensive fire coming out of their butts and shoot anywhere near 40% from the 3 mark, they will blow the jocks off Chattanooga. They certainly don’t deserve to have their courage and dedication disrespected in this manner. Get over your tantrums and try picking them up.
din23, RaleighDin, LB1987 and 4 others liked this
 #50090  by Flagman
 Mon Feb 07, 2022 11:00 pm
Jasper, it’s just not in their nature. Not gonna happen.
 #50093  by apaladin
 Mon Feb 07, 2022 11:48 pm
It’s so disheartening to see other teams tonight have players step up and hit 3 point buzzer beaters(Virginia, Mercer) and we could not even score the last 5+ minutes. Mercer did it twice, once to send it OT, once for the win. Seems like every time we are in that position(Sat) we can’t even get a shot off. Kenpom was kind to FU again tonight. Only dropped 3 spots to #70.
Last edited by apaladin on Tue Feb 08, 2022 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
 #50095  by DungeonRealm
 Tue Feb 08, 2022 12:06 am
Jasper wrote:
WOW. Last week Furman was far and away the best team in the SoCon and Bob Richey was the second coming of John Wooden. Now they are being vilified chokers , etc by a fair weather fan base Disappointed is one thing but the crap being said on here is infantile. Now hear this. Furman plays a motion offense predicated around the 3 point shot. They do that because it is the only way they can win. We are not big enough to play a more conventional offense and we do not have the talent level necessary. When you live by the 3, there will be games like the last two where we shoot under 20 % in the first half while the opponent shoots 70% as ETSU did tonight. Shit happens! Last week when we shot around 40 % from 3 we were beating teams by 30 points. We are not as good as we looked then and we are not as bad as it seems now. Having a bunch of fans hating on the team like doesn’t help things at all. As a matter of fact it sucks. If these same “cursed” kids come out on Saturday with a defensive fire coming out of their butts and shoot anywhere near 40% from the 3 mark, they will blow the jocks off Chattanooga. They certainly don’t deserve to have their courage and dedication disrespected in this manner. Get over your tantrums and try picking them up.

I am not going to babysit the team, that's the opposite of what they need considering the way we have played the last 2 games. We had a shot at the 1 seed and now we have freaking pissed it away against half ass competition.

Either we are not very good or we got overconfident, either way that's on the team and coaching staff to figure out, not on us as fans to figure out, if we want to vent after every game on here after 40+ years of frustration then by god we are more than entitled.

I wish it was not so, but the curse ain't broken until we prove otherwise, carry on
apaladin liked this
 #50098  by apaladin
 Tue Feb 08, 2022 12:15 am
DungeonRealm wrote:
Tue Feb 08, 2022 12:06 am
Jasper wrote:

I am not going to babysit the team, that's the opposite of what they need considering the way we have played the last 2 games. We had a shot at the 1 seed and now we have freaking pissed it away against half ass competition.

Either we are not very good or we got overconfident, either way that's on the team and coaching staff to figure out, not on us as fans to figure out, if we want to vent after every game on here after 40+ years of frustration then by god we are more than entitled.

I wish it was not so, but the curse ain't broken until we prove otherwise, carry on
Well said DR.
 #50103  by Roundball
 Tue Feb 08, 2022 5:32 am
DR and apaladin should start their own board, one for those that claim to be Furman fans. They must live a miserable life on a daily basis. I almost feel sorry for them.
Last edited by Roundball on Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
underjack, din23 liked this
 #50109  by tim
 Tue Feb 08, 2022 6:48 am
Jasper wrote:
Ok, follow your own condescending advice on the football forum, Bud. I'm sick of your negativity over there.
underjack liked this
 #50110  by tim
 Tue Feb 08, 2022 6:51 am
Roundball wrote:
Dung Realm and apaladin should start their own board, one for those that claim to be Furman fans. They must live a miserable life on a daily basis. I almost feel sorry for them.
There are no better fans than Dungeon Realm and apaladin. Do you want to see nice milktoast quiet fans? Go to a Furman athletic event, there will be hundreds there, never seen anything like it.
Affirm and 1 others liked this
 #50112  by apaladin
 Tue Feb 08, 2022 8:02 am
tim wrote:
Roundball wrote:
Dung Realm and apaladin should start their own board, one for those that claim to be Furman fans. They must live a miserable life on a daily basis. I almost feel sorry for them.
There are no better fans than Dungeon Realm and apaladin. Do you want to see nice milktoast quiet fans? Go to a Furman athletic event, there will be hundreds there, never seen anything like it.
Thanks Tim. I admit I care way too much. I got 3 hours sleep last night because I woke up and started thinking about these last 2 nightmare games. We have not started like the last 2 games all year. Why couldn’t this veteran team win these games at the end when both were there for the taking, why? Still think it goes back to the way the Citadel game ended. It took our swagger away. Anyway thanks again Tim for realizing no one wants FU to win more than me.
tim, Affirm liked this
 #50114  by tim
 Tue Feb 08, 2022 8:56 am
apaladin wrote:
tim wrote:
Roundball wrote:
Thanks Tim. I admit I care way too much. I got 3 hours sleep last night because I woke up and started thinking about these last 2 nightmare games. We have not started like the last 2 games all year. Why couldn’t this veteran team win these games at the end when both were there for the taking, why? Still think it goes back to the way the Citadel game ended. It took our swagger away. Anyway thanks again Tim for realizing no one wants FU to win more than me.
I hear ya man, I woke up a couple of times myself ! I don't get ESPNU so I watched Mercer/Chatt and kept up with Furman by gametracker. It was like losing twice as Chatt drained a three in the final seconds of OT after Mercer took the lead with nine seconds left.
 #50116  by GOAT
 Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:06 am
apaladin wrote:
tim wrote:
Roundball wrote:
Let me assure you that every player and coach wants to win more than you do.
din23 liked this