• Furman at UNCG

#48668  by FurmAlum
 Wed Jan 05, 2022 8:54 pm
Great gut check win! What a bricklaying convention. Excellent defense down the stretch.

Foster had his best game.

And for you naysayers...that means you apaladin, Jesse 147, and Purplehorse. You all can kiss my foot. Never heard more uneducated basketball nonsense from you 3!
Roundball, GOAT liked this
 #48669  by apaladin
 Wed Jan 05, 2022 8:59 pm
FurmAlum wrote:
Great gut check win! What a bricklaying convention. Excellent defense down the stretch.

And for you naysayers...that means you apaladin, Jesse 147, and Purplehorse. You all can kiss my foot. Never heard more uneducated basketball nonsense from you 3!
Nice, just glad uncg was worse than we were.
 #48670  by FU3
 Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:05 pm
Missed Garrison, pretty empty bench so he must have some company. Nice ugly road win. Apaladin is in solid miserable about everything mid season form.If you want consistency look no further.
din23, Roundball liked this
 #48671  by Sad Din
 Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:09 pm
Believe thats win #99 for CBR. Means Saturday is for #100. If you dont have tickets, get yours to be part of this historic event!
apaladin liked this
 #48672  by FurmAlum
Bullshit! They were very tough defensively and had some big, athletic guys. They don't shoot it that good, but that could have been the result of our D! Defended the paint much better in the second half and also did a better job on the boards. UNCG is not a bad team and they will win more than they lose in a tough SoCon.
 #48673  by purplehorse
 Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:26 pm
Any win is a win but it was UGLY. If Foster doesn’t play his best game of the year we lose to a team who had not played a game in 3 weeks.

Glad the team could win one for CBR on a special day for him.
apaladin, furpop16 liked this
 #48674  by purplehorse
 Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:30 pm
FurmAlum wrote:

You are funny! No one can argue with your first, 3rd and 4th sentences. But it was an ugly win for sure. If we play like that most nights we will be just above .500 in the conference.
 #48675  by apaladin
 Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:32 pm
FU3 wrote:
Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:05 pm
Missed Garrison, pretty empty bench so he must have some company. Nice ugly road win. Apaladin is in solid miserable about everything mid season form.If you want consistency look no further.
Beeker and Swanson.
 #48676  by PaladinPower
 Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:36 pm
No Alex Williams (who hasn’t been dressed out), no Repass, no Lawerence (back surgery, I think). Missing 5 guys is kind of concerning.
 #48677  by Monday
 Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:37 pm
Sad Din wrote:
Believe thats win #99 for CBR. Means Saturday is for #100. If you dont have tickets, get yours to be part of this historic event!
I've got 4 tickets available. DM me if interested.
 #48678  by apaladin
 Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:46 pm
PaladinPower wrote:
Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:36 pm
No Alex Williams (who hasn’t been dressed out), no Repass, no Lawerence (back surgery, I think). Missing 5 guys is kind of concerning.
Beeker and Swanson were covid related. Don’t know about Repass. Congrats to CBR and family. Quite an effort for him to make the game tonight,
PaladinPower liked this
 #48679  by fu77fan
 Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:50 pm
Does anyone know why Alex Williams has not been on the bench ?

I hate that Lawrence has not played this year.

UNCG - a win is a win is a win. I hope we continue to get better. Congrats to Foster…
4 /4 on 3 point shooting. Good for him !!!!
 #48684  by FurmanATT
 Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:50 pm
First of all, tonight Caleb Gilbert was monitoring the Paladins on TV and I was watching PC (LaurensCountySports.com) lose at NC A&T. (Both games in same city!) I kept switching over to Furman (game was about 4 minutes ahead, PC game ended with 3:30 to play at UNCG).
While I'm editing my non-bylined story (for LCS) and Caleb's non-bylined story (for FUATT), and dickering with file photos and layout, I've got the Furman replay on TV. I watched a fair amount of it live.
Thoughts: (1.) Hien drives me crazy; (2.) a testimony to how important Garrison's presence is; (3.) diss the style if you want, but they toughed it out, and the SoCon is a slog.
Big win. They all are now.
-- MD
apaladin, dornb, Davemeister liked this
 #48685  by FurmAlum
 Wed Jan 05, 2022 11:35 pm
purplehorse wrote:
Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:30 pm
FurmAlum wrote:

You are funny! No one can argue with your first, 3rd and 4th sentences. But it was an ugly win for sure. If we play like that most nights we will be just above .500 in the conference.
I agree it was an "ugly" win, but a lot of road wins are ugly. IMHO the ugliness was the result of some in your face tough defense by both teams. If UNCG had some shooters they would be really good. If we had one more good big man we would be too. But you have to play the cards you have. And our cards were just a little bit better than theirs on their home court and I'll take the win. There will be a lot of SoCon teams that will lose at UNCG.
 #48686  by soconjohn
 Wed Jan 05, 2022 11:39 pm
For anyone who understands basketball, if you can't win games like this, you can't win in Asheville...It doesn't bother me if Furman doesn't shoot well...What has been bothersome was not at all bothersome tonight...Hien helped big time on the boards in the second half.
FurmAlum liked this

Recent Topics

User avatar Missing Players

by AllTimeFU

Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:32 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

User avatar TV

by Louis Tully

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:39 pm

Default Avatar Furman upsets Virginia (Greatest Game Of All Time)

by FurmanFan23

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:22 pm

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by Louis Tully

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:22 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.