• Navy Nov. 21

#46773  by FU3
 Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:48 pm
Bad shooting not very physical,slow slides on D. Just look tired, probably a good learning experience for early in the season.
 #46775  by jesse174
 Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:51 pm
couldnt stop their inside game...think it will be a long season
 #46777  by FurmAlum
 Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:00 pm
Ugh. Got outplayed today. Navy is a good team, but we were out of sync.

They gave us a good lesson on toughness, defense, offensive execution and how to play winning basketball.
Davemeister liked this
 #46779  by tim
 Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:17 pm
Well, that was a reality check.
 #46782  by FU69
 Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:23 pm
:oops: Ready for baseball season?
apaladin liked this
 #46786  by hawg
 Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:45 pm
We had a lot of rim-outs. Game should have been closer just on that.
Our defense against plays leading up to one-footers and the execution of one-footers by them was definitely the difference. Good play by them; poor defense by us.
5 for 11 from the stripe sucks.
1=3=1 defenses work only if the better team is executing it (and then they do not need to.
Officiating was better than usual for SoCon zebras (damning them with faint praise.)
Note for the officials: if you catch the ball and take two steps, you just traveled. If you then shuffle BOTH feet you travelled again. And finally if you change pivot feet after that start, you travelled yet again. But as Bill Russell was wont to say, they were little bitty steps, and he didn't go very far.
Final note on officiating: they had nothing to do with determining the winner of the game, and that is always a good thing.
FurmAlum, Affirm, 76MrMoto and 1 others liked this
 #46789  by Affirm
 Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:18 pm
Why were we so expecting to win this game?
 #46792  by purplehorse
 Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:21 pm
The best thing about the FU basketball team and program is CBR. Also he is so good in his postgame comments. He can state the obvious without being negative and you get the feeling he is on top of everything and knows what to do to fix things. Very refreshing.
FU3, 76MrMoto, din23 and 2 others liked this
 #46796  by Sad Din
 Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:51 pm
Wasnt expecting this from this year's team. so far they had shown lots of maturity. The Radford game was the start of showing some signs

Pretty clear that Slaw and Williams were the only ones that could keep up with physicality on the inside
 #46800  by apaladin
 Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:26 pm
affirm wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:18 pm
Why were we so expecting to win this game?
Maybe because they scored 47 points total less than 24 hours ago.
 #46817  by Affirm
 Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:48 am
purplehorse wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:21 pm
The best thing about the FU basketball team and program is CBR. Also he is so good in his postgame comments. He can state the obvious without being negative and you get the feeling he is on top of everything and knows what to do to fix things. Very refreshing.
All true. The only possibly good thing about losing to Belmont and Navy is that each loss this year might reduce the chance of him leaving for a richer, bigger program by a fraction of a percent. I hope he stays. I don’t want us to lose games. More than that, I don’t want us to lose him.
Paul C, FU69 liked this
 #46819  by Furmanoid
 Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:16 am
But he is going to need to figure out a defense that will work. In the last 10 minutes I’m not sure if we got a stop. One guy off their bench was 7 for 7. How often does that happen? A couple of other guys shot 70%. Yikes!

I hope some of our guys get a little more selfish. Over the years we have a way of crowning somebody as “the guy” and everybody just sorta stands back and expects him to do it even when he’s obviously off. Other guys need to shoot more if the alpha is off. I understand Garrison being hesitant on a new team, but Hunter needs to start believing in himself a little more.
 #46821  by Roundball
 Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:21 am
I hope we win the rest of our regular season games, win the SoCon tournament and then win a game or two in the Big Dance. I hope other schools come after Coach Richey because of his great success and because of his dynamic view on the importance of focusing on the future of his young men, on and off the court. I am grateful to be around during his tenure, whether this is the last one, or it lasts for years, and will enjoy every single minute of this run. Go Paladins!
76MrMoto, purplehorse liked this

Recent Topics

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:54 pm

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:53 pm

User avatar Missing Players

by AllTimeFU

Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:32 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

User avatar TV

by Louis Tully

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:39 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.