#54210  by apaladin
 Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:11 pm
DungeonRealm wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:29 am
Updated 2023 verbal commits tracker:
https://www.verbalcommits.com/schools/furman

I consider us to be tracking these 4 big guys as Slawson replacement

But we still need to find some guards to offer as Bothwell replacement
Don’t you think the JS and MB replacements should already be on the roster? Doubt very seriously any freshman can replace those two. Now if you’re talking 2-3 years down the road ok. But then again 2-3 years down the road they won’t be replacing those 2. 😂
 #54211  by Paul C
 Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:14 pm
apaladin wrote:
DungeonRealm wrote:

Don’t you think the JS and MB replacements should already be on the roster? Doubt very seriously any freshman can replace those two. Now if you’re talking 2-3 years down the road ok. But then again 2-3 years down the road they won’t be replacing those 2. 😂
You're absolutely right.

Tyrese Hughey is Slawson's replacement and Pegues is Bothwells.....

the question is who will replace Hughey and Pegues for depth.
apaladin liked this
 #54212  by DungeonRealm
 Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:21 pm
apaladin wrote:
DungeonRealm wrote:

We will have 2 scholarships to replace Mike Bothwell and Jalen Slawson, no need for you to overthink the simple logic behind my post, obviously I am talking about the future as it pertains to signing one guard and one big
 #54234  by RaleighDin
 Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:57 am
DungeonRealm wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:21 pm
apaladin wrote:
DungeonRealm wrote:

We will have 2 scholarships to replace Mike Bothwell and Jalen Slawson, no need for you to overthink the simple logic behind my post, obviously I am talking about the future as it pertains to signing one guard and one big
Pure and total speculation on my part, but I'm hoping the lack of reported guard offers means we're trying to get in with some big time recruits. Forward / Center is loaded for the next few years, but we only have 3 guards on the roster after MB graduates. If we're selling the possibility of significant PT out of the gate, and being paired with Carter Whitt for 2 years (former 4*), maybe that lets us interact with a higher level of recruit?
apaladin and 1 others liked this
 #54240  by Flagman
 Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:17 pm
Attended practice today. They look good (for their third practice). Whitt is the real deal. Lawrence looks strong. Williams looks to have dropped a few pounds. The freshmen fit right in, not tentative. Two recruits were present; one junior, one senior. Anderson and Hughey sat out.
furpop16, Roundball, dornb and 2 others liked this
 #54242  by tya1
 Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:54 pm
Least surprising news of the recruiting cycle - multiple offers going out from our SoCon peers to players we already offered.
Brigham Rogers has picked up offers from Samford, Wofford, Mercer and Chattanooga. Wofford , Mercer and Chattanooga offered in just the last few days. Mercer and Samford have offered Riley Allenspach. Wofford came in with an offer to Drew Scharnowski today.Of course, Lukas Walls has already committed to Samford. He got his offer from Samford a few days after Furman offered.
Probably saves money on the old recruiting budget to just wait and see who the Paladins find first.

Wofford in particular appears to use that strategy. From the outside looking in it seems the Terriers have three types of offers. 1- Players Furman finds first, 2- Players they don't have much chance to sign, but it looks good to make the big donors think you are offering highly recruited type guys, and 3 -sleepers who don't have many offers. They have done the best with players from group 1. They don't get guys from group 2. Group 3 produces an occasional success but also some duds. The duds usually find their way out of the program soon enough.
 #54296  by tya1
 Sat Jul 02, 2022 5:44 pm
Brigham Rogers 6"9" F from Roswell, GA has committed to Belmont.