• 2018-19 Schedule

#2379  by tya1
 Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:08 am
Paul C wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:33 am
apaladin wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:42 am

UNC opens at Woffy, then travels to Elon. Who says that UNC and Duke won't play true road games LOL.
at what cost?
Elon is opening a new arena this coming season. UNC will be the first game. UNC also opened for UNC-Asheville and App. State when they had new buildings. Obviously they won't open at Wofford but it will be the first time they have played there. (Maybe the last.) If Zion Williamson had signed with UNC this would be the homecoming game for him.

South Carolina was supposed to open Timmons Arena and did play one of the earliest games there. The Gamecocks were the second game in College of Charleston's current building and opened up Wofford's new place last year.

I don't think money is always the prime consideration for scheduling.
 #2380  by Paul C
 Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:34 am
apaladin wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:11 pm
Looks like as long as Brownellis coach at Clempson we won't be playing them.
Maybe now that he's signed a lucrative new contract we have a chance to get him to agree to schedule us....
 #2384  by apaladin
 Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:46 am
FYI- The start of the season has been moved up from Friday to Tuesday this year. First games are now on Nov. 6th, vs. Nov. 10th last season. The NCAA approved the move to allow more time for pre-conference games. Remember when it was after Thanksgiving when the season started?
 #2389  by apaladin
 Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:55 pm
Paul C wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:33 am
apaladin wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:42 am

UNC opens at Woffy, then travels to Elon. Who says that UNC and Duke won't play true road games LOL.
at what cost?
Dunno, but I think we would be pretty excited if UNC or Duke were coming to Timmons. Don't know if you can put a price on the positives WC will get for hosting UNC.
 #2475  by apaladin
 Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:28 pm
Would like to see a game at the "well" this season against a "name" opponent but doubt that will happen. Thought we would get to have a game there with the new agreement. Still waiting.
 #2592  by tya1
 Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:34 am
The Citadel's schedule is out. We play them here on Saturday, Jan. 5th, and go to their place on Thursday, Jan 31st.

Their SoCon season opening game is on Dec. 1st against Mercer. I assume the rest of the teams have a conference game at the same time.

The Bulldogs have money games at Clemson and at Texas. They play three (3) non D1 games. In fact I don't think those teams are even D2.
 #2619  by furpep
 Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:49 am
Where do we stand with our schedule? Seems later than usual this year, heck the students arrive on campus in under 3 weeks, the Season Ticket pitch began over a week ago and no schedule. One must wonder why you would begin a ticket sales campaign without any knowledge of the schedule. Would love to hear from anyone with insight.
 #2621  by fufanatic
 Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:32 am
furpep wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:49 am
Where do we stand with our schedule? Seems later than usual this year, heck the students arrive on campus in under 3 weeks, the Season Ticket pitch began over a week ago and no schedule. One must wonder why you would begin a ticket sales campaign without any knowledge of the schedule. Would love to hear from anyone with insight.
I haven't seen really much of anyone announce a full schedule yet ... most of the big schools announce non-conference only around now, but I don't think that we do that usually. Last year the full schedule was announced Aug. 23. I'm sure it will happen soon.
 #2759  by Fessor
 Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:06 pm
apaladin wrote:
Would like to see a game at the "well" this season against a "name" opponent but doubt that will happen. Thought we would get to have a game there with the new agreement. Still waiting.

That's part of Rebranding Stage II. By definition, it must follow Rebranding Stage I.
 #2763  by Jasper
 Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:28 pm
Fessor wrote:
apaladin wrote:

That's part of Rebranding Stage II. By definition, it must follow Rebranding Stage I.
Unless, of course, one went with the dreaded 1A designation.
Fessor liked this
 #2770  by tya1
 Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:13 pm
Fessor wrote:
apaladin wrote:

"Rebranding" marked the change from the losing teams of the pre-Niko era.

No need to rebrand when you are winning and fighting for the championship on a consistent basis.
din23 liked this
 #2772  by Fessor
 Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:30 am
tya1 wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:13 pm
Fessor wrote:
apaladin wrote:

"Rebranding" marked the change from the losing teams of the pre-Niko era.

No need to rebrand when you are winning and fighting for the championship on a consistent basis.

It was a GC strategy to boost interest in the program and there few were specific actions mentioned, however, one was to play some games downtown.
 #2790  by CharlieFU
 Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:31 pm
Another move was to raise 1 MILLION dollars for the program. That aint nothing. Allowed kids to have foreign trip, which will be repeated in 2019.
 #2900  by apaladin
 Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:53 pm
apaladin wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:10 pm
Schedule might be out this week. :)
Then again, maybe not. ;)

Recent Topics

Default Avatar 2025 Hoops Recruiting

by tya1

Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:44 pm

Default Avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FurmAlum

Thu Sep 19, 2024 8:40 pm

Default Avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by gofurman

Thu Sep 19, 2024 6:09 pm

Default Avatar Score guess for Furman vs Stetson

by gofurman

Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:51 pm

User avatar Roster Addition

by cavedweller2

Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:10 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.