• FIRST PLACE!,,,

#37360  by Roundball
 Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:29 am
apaladin wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:34 pm
FurmAlum wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:09 pm
I thought the mass subs throughout the first half was crazy too, but it resulted in our guys having fresh legs the last 6 minutes of the game.

Dean Smith used to do that a lot. Play a lot of players in the first half playing frenzied defense and in the second half mostly stick with the starters with a few key subs. He won a few games doing that.

I would like to see something similar Sat. night but maybe not quite as much as tonight. We need to smother Murphy with defense rotating several players to wear him down.
IMHO, The subbing had very little to do with having fresh legs at the end. Hunter, Bothwell and Gurley all played 33 or 34 mins and Mounce played 31. The crazy subbing did have a lot to do with almost losing.
The “crazy subbing” wore down The Citadel.
 #37367  by apaladin
 Thu Feb 25, 2021 3:56 pm
Roundball wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:29 am
apaladin wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:34 pm
FurmAlum wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:09 pm
I thought the mass subs throughout the first half was crazy too, but it resulted in our guys having fresh legs the last 6 minutes of the game.

Dean Smith used to do that a lot. Play a lot of players in the first half playing frenzied defense and in the second half mostly stick with the starters with a few key subs. He won a few games doing that.

I would like to see something similar Sat. night but maybe not quite as much as tonight. We need to smother Murphy with defense rotating several players to wear him down.
IMHO, The subbing had very little to do with having fresh legs at the end. Hunter, Bothwell and Gurley all played 33 or 34 mins and Mounce played 31. The crazy subbing did have a lot to do with almost losing.
The “crazy subbing” wore down The Citadel.
We will have to respectfully disagree. The other team plays the same amount of minutes regardless who the opponent puts out there.
Roundball liked this
 #37372  by FUBeAR
 Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:44 pm
apaladin wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 3:56 pm
We will have to respectfully disagree.
Y’know - it’s more fun when you disrespectfully disagree...with good humor (of course).

Jackal has often told FUBeAR how much he appreciates how I disrespectfully disagree with him, for example.

furpop16, apaladin liked this
 #37376  by Roundball
 Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:58 pm
Yet another incentive to win the regular season. The NCAA has just come out with its guidelines for replacement teams in case of COVID-19 issues. One of the guidelines is for the single-bid conference to name a replacement in the event the tournament champ auto qualifier cannot compete due to COVID. You would think that if the tournament champ is different from the regular season champ, the conference would choose between the two for Big Dance. We just need to care take of business for the next couple of weeks. As we win the regular season and the conference tournament, keep the players isolated as much as possible. For those with access to The Athletic, here are the details. https://theathletic.com/news/ncaa-tourn ... lAtMSU2enS
 #37384  by Sad Din
 Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:57 pm
apaladin wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:38 pm
Stupid SoCon would prolly send Samford. 😳😳
Not sammy, they would send woofy the Socon home team. Replaced Davey
 #37385  by FurmAlum
 Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:00 pm
I will be surprised if there is not a "shocker" in Asheville. May be more than one. Just hope it's not us.

The one "shocker" that would be O.K. would be FU going to the NCAA Tournament!
 #37388  by apaladin
 Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:42 pm
FurmAlum wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:00 pm
I will be surprised if there is not a "shocker" in Asheville. May be more than one. Just hope it's not us.

The one "shocker" that would be O.K. would be FU going to the NCAA Tournament!
That would be the biggest shocker of all, 🤣To tell you the truth I would not be shocked if none of the top 4 seeds won it. I could definitely see a Mercer or UTC or maybe even VMI winning it. Theres just no dominant/favored team.
 #37405  by tya1
 Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:44 pm
It would be a surprise if the SoCon champ wasn't at least a #3 seed.

Every tournament for the past 31 years has been won by a top three seed. This year that means Furman, UNCG, or Wofford.

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Missing Players

by gofurman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:26 am

User avatar TV

by apaladin

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:08 am

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:54 pm

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:53 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.