• UTC and Samford forfiet games against Furman (Updated Standings)

#36937  by soconjohn
 Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:58 pm
The SoCon is doing a good job...I am not throwing them under the bus for this...They have a lot to take into consideration in a year like this...It's not been determined Furman has lost anything...Until otherwise, Furman just has to worry about what they can control...That's my feeling on it...The other will take care of itself.
Roundball liked this
 #36938  by apaladin
 Thu Feb 18, 2021 3:30 pm
soconjohn wrote:
The SoCon is doing a good job...I am not throwing them under the bus for this...They have a lot to take into consideration in a year like this...It's not been determined Furman has lost anything...Until otherwise, Furman just has to worry about what they can control...That's my feeling on it...The other will take care of itself.
soconjohn! How can you say the SoCon is doing a good job when Sammy has only made up one of 5 games when there has been plenty of time and opportunity. That is the tail wagging the dog IMHO. I do agree though that this will prolly all be moot because the chances of FU winning 4 games in 8 days against 4 good teams is pretty slim.
 #36939  by DungeonRealm
 Thu Feb 18, 2021 3:37 pm
The SoCon has basically done nothing for us to this point, we had to force them to step in just to get the VMI game back, other than that what have they done??
Nothing
There is clear schedule dodging going on
This team deserves a fair chance
 #36940  by PaladinPower
 Thu Feb 18, 2021 3:40 pm
apaladin wrote:
soconjohn wrote:
soconjohn! How can you say the SoCon is doing a good job when Sammy has only made up one of 5 games when there has been plenty of time and opportunity. That is the tail wagging the dog IMHO. I do agree though that this will prolly all be moot because the chances of FU winning 4 games in 8 days against 4 good teams is pretty slim.
Pretty slim? Depends how you look at it. Play against two teams we have already beaten once this season and then have an opportunity to avenge two losses that the team knew they should have won. I bet they are chomping at the bit when realizing if they can finish this stretch strong they’ll be 1 or 2 going into Asheville.
FurmAlum liked this
 #36941  by Furmanoid
 Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:07 pm
PaladinPower wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 3:40 pm
apaladin wrote:
soconjohn wrote:
Pretty slim? Depends how you look at it. Play against two teams we have already beaten once this season and then have an opportunity to avenge two losses that the team knew they should have won. I bet they are chomping at the bit when realizing if they can finish this stretch strong they’ll be 1 or 2 going into Asheville.
Ultra negative Furmanoid predicts we win out. The biggest challenge is WC and c’mon we gotta win that.
 #36943  by Affirm
 Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:19 pm
We have the perfect model to follow.
After all, it has been obvious all along that this thing is being stolen right in front of our very eyes!
Our AD must starting tweeting incessantly, speaking incessantly, and holding rallies to let everyone know that this championship is being stolen.
Stolen!
There's never been anything like it! A disgrace!
We need to join together to make our plans for protesting forcefully, even vi*)en!1y.
We need horses, particularly white horses, and and we need men (+ women) in medieval armor, to show up, first at the conference office, and ultimately at every round of the conference tournament, until we make sure that we keep this steal from happening.
(Maybe this has already reached advanced planning stages and I have just missed it.)
STOP THE STEAL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
jk ...JK! nothing serious above ... Except I am willing to admit that there may be some unfair difficulty for Furman and possibly some unfortunate outcomes for Furman, as a result of game cancellations related to COVID and subsequent actions of conference administration. Guess what. A whole lot of bad things a whole lot more serious than this have been caused by COVID. I ask that we respond maturely, quit complaining, and play the cards we're dealt to the best of our abilities. Life is not fair. But life IS good.
FUBeAR, FurmAlum liked this
 #36944  by Flagman
 Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:11 pm
Here is the reply I got when I asked about scheduling postponed games:
Thanks for the inquiry. We have been rescheduling games throughout the season based on various scheduling parameters approved by our Athletics Directors related to travel, missed class time, and ensuring that teams were not playing too many games in compressed time frames to help maintain student-athlete safety and avoid unnecessary injuries and fatigue.

As has been the case in all Division I conferences, it has been understood by everyone from the beginning that not all games may be able to be completed during the regular season.

We continue to explore opportunities for the rescheduling of games and continue to have conversations with our athletic departments about the potential to reschedule games that currently have not been announced, however, if a game has not been rescheduled to date it is that it has not yet found a window for a reschedule opportunity that falls within our established parameters.

Geoff Cabe / Senior Associate Commissioner
gcabe@socon.org
Is this what some call a "non-answer" answer?
 #36951  by FurmAlum
 Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:39 pm
affirm wrote:
After all, it has been obvious all along that this thing is being stolen right in front of our very eyes!
Our AD must starting tweeting incessantly, speaking incessantly, and holding rallies to let everyone know that this championship is being stolen.
Stolen!
We need to join together to make our plans for protesting forcefully, even vi*)en!1y.
We need horses, particularly white horses, and and we need men (+ women) in medieval armor, to show up, first at the conference office, and ultimately at every round of the conference tournament, until we make sure that we keep this steal from happening.
(Maybe this has already reached advanced planning stages and I have just missed it.)
jk ...JK! nothing serious above ... Except I am willing to admit that there may be some unfair difficulty for Furman and possibly some unfortunate outcomes for Furman, as a result of game cancellations related to COVID and subsequent actions of conference administration. Guess what. A whole lot of bad things a whole lot more serious than this have been caused by COVID. I ask that we respond maturely, quit complaining, and play the cards we're dealt to the best of our abilities. Life is not fair. But life IS good.
Affirm, this is a sports message board. We can check our "maturity" at the virtual door when we enter and pick it back up when we log out. :D
Roundball liked this
 #36953  by apaladin
 Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:45 pm
Flagman wrote:
Thanks for the inquiry. We have been rescheduling games throughout the season based on various scheduling parameters approved by our Athletics Directors related to travel, missed class time, and ensuring that teams were not playing too many games in compressed time frames to help maintain student-athlete safety and avoid unnecessary injuries and fatigue.

As has been the case in all Division I conferences, it has been understood by everyone from the beginning that not all games may be able to be completed during the regular season.

We continue to explore opportunities for the rescheduling of games and continue to have conversations with our athletic departments about the potential to reschedule games that currently have not been announced, however, if a game has not been rescheduled to date it is that it has not yet found a window for a reschedule opportunity that falls within our established parameters.

gcabe@socon.org
No more of a cop out!! In other words we’re too lazy to worry anout it.
 #36954  by FurmAlum
 Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:50 pm
DR, you keep at it. I'm behind you 100%. Maybe we could get an investigative reporter to look into this. I would like to know what the SoCon has done to reschedule these games and also which teams are being difficult and/or outright refusing to play. I bet its not us either.
 #36957  by FurmAlum
 Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:10 pm
Flagman wrote:

gcabe@socon.org
That is a BULLSH*T ANSWER if I have ever heard one. "Unnecessary injuries and fatigue". My gosh, these kids are 18-21 years old. They could play every night if they had too. And they do in the SoCon Tournament!
 #36958  by Affirm
 Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:11 pm
FurmAlum wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:39 pm
affirm wrote:
Stolen!
Affirm, this is a sports message board. We can check our "maturity" at the virtual door when we enter and pick it back up when we log out. :D
Obvious that we can.

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Missing Players

by gofurman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:26 am

User avatar TV

by apaladin

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:08 am

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:54 pm

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:53 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.