• BAD TREND

#36806  by Sad Din
 Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:26 pm
DoomedDin1127 wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:34 pm
I looked at the Wofford Sports forum and they use this page as a laughing stock. They quote all the negative salty posts and make fun of the hostile nature we adapt sometimes. I totally get being frustrated when we lose, but this is OUR alma mater, and they have so much potential. These athletes are trying so damn hard during everything going on. As affirm says, we ARE good enough. Don’t give Wofford fans the luxury of seeing us act like the sky is falling.
what Wofford sports forum? The one they had is no longer there. The new one has a grand total of 37 basketball posts and the last post was 23hour ago
 #36811  by Flagman
 Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:21 pm
Sibling rivalry
DoomedDin1127 liked this
 #36816  by DoomedDin1127
 Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:46 pm
Sad Din wrote:
Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:26 pm
DoomedDin1127 wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:34 pm
I looked at the Wofford Sports forum and they use this page as a laughing stock. They quote all the negative salty posts and make fun of the hostile nature we adapt sometimes. I totally get being frustrated when we lose, but this is OUR alma mater, and they have so much potential. These athletes are trying so damn hard during everything going on. As affirm says, we ARE good enough. Don’t give Wofford fans the luxury of seeing us act like the sky is falling.
what Wofford sports forum? The one they had is no longer there. The new one has a grand total of 37 basketball posts and the last post was 23hour ago
It was linked somewhere before on this page but I believe it’s https://woffordfans.com/forums/. If you check the bb subject they had a good time with quoting our agonies. :roll:

“As you read the purple pukes message board today it is somewhere between a suicide hotline and a elitist self help group. Most of them can’t come to grips with the possibility that we might actually have a better athletic program. Those that do are shouted down. Not a lot of self awareness. Those furman folks probably don’t recognize that they are a formerly Baptist school that now has a student body from places other than the South which is not interested in athletics.”

“Somewhere in Travelers Rest the powers of Furman are considering which sport to give up next; and suddenly basketball is on the table”

“ Lol we own the furples. Their message board is a salt mine right now.”

All the works of a sibling rivalry
 #36819  by Roundball
 Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:47 am
Why are you guys talking more about the Wofford fan forum than our own team?
 #36821  by Furmanoid
 Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:55 am
Well it is sort of interesting to see what they are saying. The first quote stings because it contains some truth. I know I have a hard time accepting that we have fallen behind this former NAIA team. It’s time to fix that. I’m cautiously optimistic but holding off on HOF nominations for coaches until we start dominating Wofford.
 #36824  by Affirm
 Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:11 am
Roundball wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:47 am
Why are you guys talking more about the Wofford fan forum than our own team?
Maybe to try to make Furman people aware that we are at a level of being dominated by Wofford in basketball and football more than Furman people seem to realize or admit, so that hopefully enough Furman people might eventually be
shaken out of their complacency and denial so that something would be done to improve Furman’s position. Being dominated, or even just beaten in one game, against Wofford, is no fun. Yeah, if you want to call it sibling rivalry, I’m OK with that. But are we being “too nice to little brother” who dominates us and then makes fun of us (laughing stock)? For peace in the family, we could keep “being too nice”, but for our long-term good, we need to stand up. There is no hate here - just wanting to be more competitive.
 #36827  by soconjohn
 Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:26 am
Some fans on here are unreal...Do we have a montage someone (please anyone) that we can share...oh I don’t know I’ll pick a season...how about 2007-08 or 08-09...when you watch that and complain about this, I suggest you seek the meaning of reality!
Fork457, PaladinPower liked this
 #36828  by DungeonRealm
 Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:30 am
Personally I don't give a rat dogs rear-end what little woffy thinks, never have and never will :lol:
FUBeAR, DoomedDin1127 liked this
 #36853  by Fork457
 Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:40 pm
Furmanoid wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:29 pm
Well we started off against Tusculum, USC U and Southern Wesleyan. Not long after we played Flagler and then an SC State team that probably can’t beat OW High School. Our points per game average is very padded. It has been dropping since we started playing in the tough SoCon.

Watch the games. We don’t have anybody who is comfortable in the paint. We don’t have anyone who can really go one on one with average DI defenders. Our 3 shooting is iffy because we shoot low angle bullets and hope for the best. We don’t do put backs.

We have pretty good players who try really hard and an OK coach. The sky isn’t falling. We are in the top half of a maybe better than average conference.
I said I would stop replying to people like you for my own sanity but I just couldn’t help myself here. Btw if you’re a troll you’re a damn good one. You asked to point out where you are wrong so here we go.
First of all saying CBR is “okay”is downright hilarious. He’s tied or broken the school record for wins in his first three years. We have objectively had the best teams in the last 20 years at Furman under him. He’s ranked in the top quarter of head coaches in the country on literally anyone’s rankings. He’s clearly going to have a power 5 job somewhere in the near future.
“We don’t have anyone who is comfortable in the paint” HAHAHA. I’m about to use some numbers that I’m assuming your brain probably won’t understand. We’re literally 3rd in the country in 2 point field goal percentage. Does that sound like we’re not comfortable in the paint to you? Is anything other than 1st out of 357 unacceptable in the great “Furmanoids” mind.
“We don’t have anyone who can go 1 on 1 with average D1 defenders” We run a motion/read based offense that’s not designed to go 1 on 1 much. However if you actually watch and know anything about basketball we often go 1 on 1 in the mid post area (porch as Richey describes it) that is essentially an isolation and he’s damn good at it. But again we know who we are and going 1 on 1 isn’t us. You may not like that but that doesn’t change the fact that we are the 62 best offense in the country and easily the best offense in the SOCON.
“We don’t do putback’s” That about Sums up you’re knowledge of the game. No we’re not a team who relies on the offensive glass or crashes all that hard cause again that’s not our identity. However this year we’ve actually been a lot better in that area and in the top half of the country.
I don’t like getting super technical and Its fine that not all fans are super knowledgeable but when people are being straight up haters and spreading ridiculous negativity someone has to call them on their BS. Especially when our own “fans” are the ones doing it.
FUKA61, hypercycloid, Roundball and 2 others liked this
 #36856  by Affirm
 Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:46 pm
In reality, the 2008 and 2009 seasons are quite a ways back. Admittedly, not as far back as 1980 (last time we won SoCon) and 1974 (last time & only time we won an NCAA tournament game).
It’s OK.
We are good enough.
DoomedDin1127 liked this
 #36861  by Furmanoid
 Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:49 pm
Fork457 wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:40 pm
Furmanoid wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:29 pm
Well we started off against Tusculum, USC U and Southern Wesleyan. Not long after we played Flagler and then an SC State team that probably can’t beat OW High School. Our points per game average is very padded. It has been dropping since we started playing in the tough SoCon.

Watch the games. We don’t have anybody who is comfortable in the paint. We don’t have anyone who can really go one on one with average DI defenders. Our 3 shooting is iffy because we shoot low angle bullets and hope for the best. We don’t do put backs.

We have pretty good players who try really hard and an OK coach. The sky isn’t falling. We are in the top half of a maybe better than average conference.
I said I would stop replying to people like you for my own sanity but I just couldn’t help myself here. Btw if you’re a troll you’re a damn good one. You asked to point out where you are wrong so here we go.
First of all saying CBR is “okay”is downright hilarious. He’s tied or broken the school record for wins in his first three years. We have objectively had the best teams in the last 20 years at Furman under him. He’s ranked in the top quarter of head coaches in the country on literally anyone’s rankings. He’s clearly going to have a power 5 job somewhere in the near future.
“We don’t have anyone who is comfortable in the paint” HAHAHA. I’m about to use some numbers that I’m assuming your brain probably won’t understand. We’re literally 3rd in the country in 2 point field goal percentage. Does that sound like we’re not comfortable in the paint to you? Is anything other than 1st out of 357 unacceptable in the great “Furmanoids” mind.
“We don’t have anyone who can go 1 on 1 with average D1 defenders” We run a motion/read based offense that’s not designed to go 1 on 1 much. However if you actually watch and know anything about basketball we often go 1 on 1 in the mid post area (porch as Richey describes it) that is essentially an isolation and he’s damn good at it. But again we know who we are and going 1 on 1 isn’t us. You may not like that but that doesn’t change the fact that we are the 62 best offense in the country and easily the best offense in the SOCON.
“We don’t do putback’s” That about Sums up you’re knowledge of the game. No we’re not a team who relies on the offensive glass or crashes all that hard cause again that’s not our identity. However this year we’ve actually been a lot better in that area and in the top half of the country.
I don’t like getting super technical and Its fine that not all fans are super knowledgeable but when people are being straight up haters and spreading ridiculous negativity someone has to call them on their BS. Especially when our own “fans” are the ones doing it.
I think most coaches use this offense BECAUSE they don’t have guys who can go one on one or post up. That’s the whole point. You’re going to have a high 2 point percentage because you mostly do backdoor layups. But a major requirement of the offense is really good 3 point shooting. Otherwise the cuts and passing lanes get gummed up. We don’t consistently shoot really well from 3 and that causes problems. That is a weakness. But it appears that we are stuck doing what we are doing because it’s the only offense that works with our skill set.

You think coaches reign in their good post players and one on one driving guys in order to conform to the Princeton motion offense, but I kind of doubt that. I kind of think if they have enough of those guys they do a different offense.

I don’t think I’m being tough on the coach. OK is pretty OK. Maybe 94th and a SoCon runner up year is better than OK but it is a long way from world beating. And seriously, best FU team in 20 years? So what? Let’s have some goals, man. I hope to upgrade my evaluation drastically in a couple of weeks, but I’m just being honest now.
 #36865  by Dins&Heels
 Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:19 pm
Can’t Furmanoid be a fan and also give critical analysis of the team without being called an ignorant troll? He was spot on with regards to how we have puzzlingly played in several games this season. I think to say we have by far the best offense in the socon is a stretch. But CBR is a phenomenal coach we’re lucky to have.
apaladin, Furmanoid, Affirm and 2 others liked this
 #36874  by FUBeAR
 Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:46 pm
Dins&Heels wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:19 pm
Can’t Furmanoid be a fan and also give critical analysis of the team without being called an ignorant troll? He was spot on with regards to how we have puzzlingly played in several games this season. I think to say we have by far the best offense in the socon is a stretch. But CBR is a phenomenal coach we’re lucky to have.
Are you insinuating there’s something WRONG with being an ignorant troll?
furpop16, Furmanoid liked this
 #36892  by soconjohn
 Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:25 am
When you say Bob Richey is an average coach...That's offensive to me, as well as anyone that has supported Furman, or written about seven-win teams...Larry Davis by career record was an average coach...Putting Bob Richey in that category is just well...I'm not going to name-call, but I think you know what I am saying...And 2008-09 was too long ago affirm? How about 2012-13? That team won how many games? How long has it taken Furman to get to seven wins since the start of the 2015-16 season? Or how about since 2017-18?
QCGlue liked this
 #36894  by soconjohn
 Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:34 am
I don't know basketball like a coach might, but I do absolutely know this...Furman's basketball program was on life support after Jeff Jackson...I mean, had it not been for Niko and Jackson actually hiring Bob Richey prior to getting fired in his last season, Furman hoops might have never recovered...I am serious...The best decision or thing Jackson ever did for Furman was hire Bob Richey...And unlike Jackson, who didn't keep Niko, Medved saw the worth in Bob Richey unlike Jackson, who didn't think it was worth retaining any Furman assistant from the previous staff...I need not say anything more than Furman should always be indebted to those two coaches for how they have absolutely made winning an expectation and building men for life far beyond the basketball hardwood...It's now a culture Furman fans can be proud of, instead of one by default fans wish it could shed...BTW Furmanoid or apaladin ...Have y'all checked out Colorado State or Drake's record this season? Just saying...Furman's turnaround is no accident...It's because two of the premier young coaches in the nation have turned the tide...That's absolutely a fact...Two decades from now will prove will drive that point home even more.
Roundball, PaladinPower, furpop16 and 3 others liked this

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Missing Players

by gofurman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:26 am

User avatar TV

by apaladin

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:08 am

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:54 pm

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:53 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.