• UNCG at FURMAN MONDAY 5PM ESPNU

#36435  by Fuonetime
 Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:34 pm
Great win by he Paladins. Coach BR and staff figured it out. This team is good but needs to be motivated and challenged. More games to play and more situations to figure out. This is the time that Coach BR can excel. We still have winnable goals including Socon tourney championship and playoffs. We have been disappointed at times this season but tonight’s win gives us hope for the future.Go Paladins!
 #36436  by furpop16
 Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:35 pm
Yes. 26 bench points. I should add Coach suggested it's quite a morale killer for the other side when their starters come out for a break to see Slawson & Mounce coming in.
 #36437  by FurmAlum
 Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:41 pm
I think the Kenney start was a reminder to Mounce that as good as he is, he needs to improve his shot selection. Could be he might of lagged a little on D but I don't know enough to gauge that watching on T.V. He'll be back in the starting lineup.
 #36441  by apaladin
 Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:03 pm
Gurley and Mounce with 11 total points and Bothwell and Hunter with 10 turnovers and we still won. Amazing. Thank goodness UNCG shot 29%.
 #36443  by purplehorse
 Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:42 pm
You tell me Gurley would score 4 and Mounce 7 and I would be very confident we had lost. Hoping we can have all 5 regular starters start step up. Gurley did get 12 rebounds which was important.

I thought prior to the season Anderson was a deadly shooter. I sure have not seen evidence of that this year. Kenney also needs to knock down his wide open 3’s.
 #36444  by El Guapo
 Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:43 pm
Great win by the boys. We had some bone headed turnovers that we will need to clean up and they had a cold shooting night. Still we played well enough to beat them by a good margin at home and I suspect a similar effort would mean a win at UNCG's home court (which in my opinion is one of the most awkward places to play especially given fan restrictions with COVID). Enjoy tonight's victory. Tomorrow will be game prep for a big rematch.
 #36445  by El Guapo
 Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:45 pm
purplehorse wrote:
You tell me Gurley would score 4 and Mounce 7 and I would be very confident we had lost. Hoping we can have all 5 regular starters start step up. Gurley did get 12 rebounds which was important.

I thought prior to the season Anderson was a deadly shooter. I sure have not seen evidence of that this year. Kenney also needs to knock down his wide open 3’s.
Not sure about Anderson's shooting either. He's had greater success in driving with lay ups. Kenney is also still up in the air. However, I thought the same thing about Hunter and look at the last two games he has had. Maybe it's just a matter of time before they catch fire.
 #36449  by apaladin
 Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:59 pm
El Guapo wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:45 pm
purplehorse wrote:

Not sure about Anderson's shooting either. He's had greater success in driving with lay ups. Kenney is also still up in the air. However, I thought the same thing about Hunter and look at the last two games he has had. Maybe it's just a matter of time before they catch fire.
Yep we need a guard for sure to spell Hunter and Bothwell. Right now I would go with Pugh over the other 2 but he hasn’t shown he can play for long periods. I think we have a really good guard coming in next year but that doesn’t help now.
Todays game:
Anderson and Kenney-21 minutes 0 points, 0 rebounds 3 turnovers
Pugh- 7 minutes 3 points, 1 rebounds, 0 turnovers
 #36473  by furmandad
 Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:06 pm
Guys overall played well. Hustle & energy. Will need Mounce & Gurley scoring balance of season. Anderson appears not quite ready for speed of the college game. Several dribbling turnovers (gave up easy steals) past few games. Back door cuts are a thing of beauty; Slawson got greedy several times and forced bounce passes that weren't there. Big game Wednesday - take 'em one at a time.

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Missing Players

by gofurman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:26 am

User avatar TV

by apaladin

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:08 am

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:54 pm

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:53 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.