• Rest of regular season

#34122  by cavedweller2
 Sat Dec 12, 2020 12:03 pm
He's skeered. He knows his team sucks and he doesn't want the losing record on his resume this late in his career. Using Covid like back surgery to avoid embarrassment.
underjack and 1 others liked this
 #34124  by gofurman
 Sat Dec 12, 2020 12:26 pm
cavedweller2 wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 12:03 pm
He's skeered. He knows his team sucks and he doesn't want the losing record on his resume this late in his career. Using Covid like back surgery to avoid embarrassment.
back surgery was BS to my knowledge. I agree. hope they paid Pete Gaudet $$$.

COVID is killing people his age and football and bball are different - inside v outside.

For what it's worth I have met K and had meals etc so I might know a few very inside things:
Opened in 1984, the Teer Building is Duke Engineering's administrative headquarters.
It house offices of the Vinik Dean of Engineering, Undergraduate Student Services Center, Graduate Central Services Center (in the Vesic Student Learning Center) and Pratt IT Help Desk. Building features include a student lounge, two large lecture halls, a 50-seat classroom and teaching laboratories.
The building is named in honor of builder and philanthropist Nello Leguy Teer.

anyway...

Go Dins
tim liked this
 #34147  by cavedweller2
 Sat Dec 12, 2020 5:36 pm
Well, Throw you a fish.
 #34163  by FurmAlum
 Sat Dec 12, 2020 10:20 pm
Coach K is right to be concerned about his own health because of his age but he could have, like FM said, just took a leave of absence until this is over and let his assistants coach. He should have done that with the GW and Chas Sou. games and let his young players get some more game experience and give them a chance to get better. It's already been shown that games can be played safely and the risk to young people is small.

Like AP said, the ND game is still on. Is it less dangerous?

And as far as being in close contact with players during games...heck they've all been tested multiple times so the risk should be minimal... right?

Coach K is a great coach. Anybody who has won 5 National Championships certainly is, but this time he is is full of S***!
 #34169  by cavedweller2
 Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:09 am
FurmAlum wrote:

They will be protected by 3 Point Jesus.
gofurman liked this
 #34177  by gofurman
 Sun Dec 13, 2020 3:11 pm
cavedweller2 wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:09 am
FurmAlum wrote:

They will be protected by 3 Point Jesus.
they are REQUIRED to play that game by the ACC - the others are optional I guess ... I am not sure if the league will let you opt out of league games - $$$ for the ACC ? just thinking out loud
 #34178  by gofurman
 Sun Dec 13, 2020 3:19 pm
FurmAlum wrote:
Coach K is right to be concerned about his own health because of his age but he could have, like FM said, just took a leave of absence until this is over and let his assistants coach. He should have done that with the GW and Chas Sou. games and let his young players get some more game experience and give them a chance to get better. It's already been shown that games can be played safely and the risk to young people is small.

And as far as being in close contact with players during games...heck they've all been tested multiple times so the risk should be minimal... right?

Coach K is a great coach. Anybody who has won 5 National Championships certainly is, but this time he is is full of S***!
football coaches - OUTDOORS - have caught it (Probably from players) so while the testing does minimalize it ...no doubt... it might concern me over 65/70 yrs old.

But lets focus ----> MAIN POINT
But I do note no one addressed my main point: K said PUBLICLY this very same thing (we need contingencies) back in July. Soconjohn ( a Great guy in all respects !! :D ) brought that up but no one has come back to that now that I showed PROOF he did say this in July.. waaaaay before the season. So this whole "he is saying it bc now he sees he lost a few" does Not hold water. He was saying it in the heat of summer ! That is just a fact that is funny - bc most of the naysayers say "he is saying this bc his team is struggling". They weren't struggling in JULY and he said much the same. So anyone saying that just doesn't have FACTS. I know that facts ruin a debate but, well, they are the facts.

Also, again.. he isn't saying don't have a season.. just hold off a month or two now that we have a vaccine - it's a possible (I sure hope it is !) game changer. why not wait until Feb 1 and then resume?
 #34179  by gofurman
 Sun Dec 13, 2020 3:21 pm
cavedweller2 wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 5:36 pm
Well, Throw you a fish.
CD, I do want to be clear I was NOT bragging.. note I didn't bring that up until further down the debate. I just felt there was some relevance. Many of you personally know CH or Richey or whomever. I certainly don't
 #34183  by gofurman
 Sun Dec 13, 2020 5:33 pm
Probably just realized it’s good politics but Bama boy backed down. . He decided to “walk that sh*t back” as we say in business lol:

In short, Nate Oats has now publicly apologized to k - I do like Oats phrasing where he basically says “I can’t know the motives of others or what’s in the their mind”. Just Like I (goFurman) can guess at CH football motives but will never KNOW at 100% what he is thinking. And it’s presumptuous of anyone to do that - guess what K or CH or Richey is thinking exactly

https://www.cbssports.com/college-baske ... games/amp/

https://www.syracuse.com/orangebasketba ... -that.html

https://247sports.com/college/north-car ... 156811997/

Also, Boeheim and Roy came out and basically said they either agree w K or that - while they disagree .which is fine - others like Bama boy should KEEP THEIR MOUTH SHUT. Nearly at the same time Boeheim said this Bama boy apologized. . Interesting, no? But hey. And our fans here know better than Roy Williams and Jim Boeheim. [. Actually I will admit that it is certainly possible to know things as a fan that a coach is missing. Many of us here were astounded at the lack of OL and DL quality Lamb recruited but he seemed to not care about that. People often said “it will be Ok” - 20 years of FU and Mercer later have proven otherwise. ].

Boeheim said “Oats was out of line and ILL INFORMED”. Funny - other big time coaches are now basically telling Oats “Shut the Hell up boy. “. LMAO. (“ Ill -informed” - that’s exactly what I said when I said Oats was ignorant of the fact as K said this same stuff throughout the summer!!!). And Boeheim disagrees w K. And That’s perfectly fine. Just don’t be an ass about it and - like I said - if you are gonna speak up then at least KNOW. THE. FACTS.

It’s a society thing I guess. Very few look up facts. They react to headlines and Twitter - the language of TWITS !!
 #34571  by chadercook
 Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:13 am
been looking at teams scoring over 85 ppg and dins in 6th with teams played 7 or more games in NCAA.

have the lowest points against of those 6 too.
FUKA61 and 1 others liked this
 #34817  by Roundball
 Mon Dec 28, 2020 1:20 pm
Thankful Furman is allowing a limited number of fans at Timmons. Wofford is still a no on fans.
 #34824  by gofurman
 Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:46 am
The NCAA just asked for a Trade Mark on 'Mask Madness'..

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/ncaa-ba ... dk59fr6b3h

8 games are already cancelled / postponed today. I still wonder why - with a VACCINE out now - we don't just pause for a month or two and get the initial immunizations out there.. Rick Pitino / Jeff Capel and numerous other coaches have now come out and said "what's the difference in March vs May for the tourney?". Still play, just let the first wave or two of vaccinations get out there and then restart.

Anyway, hope the DIns win tomorrow
 #34833  by apaladin
 Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:55 pm
gofurman wrote:
Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:46 am
The NCAA just asked for a Trade Mark on 'Mask Madness'..

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/ncaa-ba ... dk59fr6b3h

8 games are already cancelled / postponed today. I still wonder why - with a VACCINE out now - we don't just pause for a month or two and get the initial immunizations out there.. Rick Pitino / Jeff Capel and numerous other coaches have now come out and said "what's the difference in March vs May for the tourney?". Still play, just let the first wave or two of vaccinations get out there and then restart.

Anyway, hope the DIns win tomorrow
Mainly because healthy athletes with no risk will be the last to receive the vaccine prolly sometime this summer.