#26592  by Roundball
 Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:26 pm
DungeonRealm wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:09 pm
Roundball wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:37 am
apaladin wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:02 am
The tournament is not going to happen. All the talking heads on ESPN are jumping all over the NCAA for not already cancelling the tournament. I would say they will cancel it within 24 hours. The talking heads are saying things that make no sense, like after they play they are going to come in contact with many other people. So basketball causes the virus now? If they don’t play aren’t they still going to come in contact with other people. Why are they not shutting down airports, Disney World, malls etc instead of just sporting events? The average daily attendance at Disney World is 57,000 which is much more than any basketball arena and that is every day. How many people go through the Atlanta airport in a day? I heard on ESPN that “someone” said that between 70 and 150 million would get the virus in the US. If China that is 5 times larger than the US and has a major outbreak with 80,000 why is the US going to be so bad. The statement was not challenged by anyone of course.
It could get worse here because we have been so slow to respond. As it turns out, China did the right thing in shutting down the country. In the meantime, our government has no clue. By the way, those figures came from Trump’s own task force. He needs to listen to them. I will add that surely we can do without sports for a few weeks. I wonder what the Masters will do?

Trump is in a no win situation no matter what he does apparently, and the disease spread has nothing to do with being the fault of anyone in the US for that matter

If he does not take certain actions the democrats and media hit him for not being proactive enough

If he shuts everything down the democrats and media label him as racist, and say he is weak showing no confidence which is tanking our economy and the stock market

I could go on and on and on about all the BS out there, but really what the democrats and most media need to do is shut the hell up, grow a brain and get freaking real
Not just the Dems need to shut. The BS coming out of Trump’s mouth is ridiculous. He needs to shut up too. All politicians need to shut up. Send them home for spring break and let the experts lead the way.
 #26593  by fufanatic
 Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:35 pm
DungeonRealm wrote:
Roundball wrote:
apaladin wrote:
The tournament is not going to happen. All the talking heads on ESPN are jumping all over the NCAA for not already cancelling the tournament. I would say they will cancel it within 24 hours. The talking heads are saying things that make no sense, like after they play they are going to come in contact with many other people. So basketball causes the virus now? If they don’t play aren’t they still going to come in contact with other people. Why are they not shutting down airports, Disney World, malls etc instead of just sporting events? The average daily attendance at Disney World is 57,000 which is much more than any basketball arena and that is every day. How many people go through the Atlanta airport in a day? I heard on ESPN that “someone” said that between 70 and 150 million would get the virus in the US. If China that is 5 times larger than the US and has a major outbreak with 80,000 why is the US going to be so bad. The statement was not challenged by anyone of course.
It could get worse here because we have been so slow to respond. As it turns out, China did the right thing in shutting down the country. In the meantime, our government has no clue. By the way, those figures came from Trump’s own task force. He needs to listen to them. I will add that surely we can do without sports for a few weeks. I wonder what the Masters will do?

Trump is in a no win situation no matter what he does apparently, and the disease spread has nothing to do with being the fault of anyone in the US for that matter

If he does not take certain actions the democrats and media hit him for not being proactive enough

If he shuts everything down the democrats and media label him as racist, and say he is weak showing no confidence which is tanking our economy and the stock market

I could go on and on and on about all the BS out there, but really what the democrats and most media need to do is shut the hell up, grow a brain and get freaking real
Trump's response has been pathetic and absolutely is contributing to this. Just last week he said at a rally that coronavirus was a Democratic hoax. And people outside his rally were interviewed on camera saying that they didn't even believe the virus was real. But I know I'm not going to convince anyone that's all in on Trump so I'm going to stop now. It's too exhausting.
Roundball, hypercycloid liked this
 #26594  by DungeonRealm
 Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:40 pm
fufanatic wrote:
DungeonRealm wrote:
Roundball wrote:
apaladin wrote:

Trump's response has been pathetic and absolutely is contributing to this. Just last week he said at a rally that coronavirus was a Democratic hoax. And people outside his rally were interviewed on camera saying that they didn't even believe the virus was real. But I know I'm not going to convince anyone that's all in on Trump so I'm going to stop now. It's too exhausting.

You have been watching to much CNN

If democrats had it their way we would have not closed off travel from China to US so early and we might all be dead already apparently, thank goodness democrats don't control this country
 #26595  by Roundball
 Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:50 pm
DungeonRealm wrote:
fufanatic wrote:
DungeonRealm wrote:
Roundball wrote:
apaladin wrote:

If democrats had it their way we would have not closed off travel from China to US so early and we might all be dead already apparently, thank goodness democrats don't control this country
You watch too much Fake News Network, aka Fox News Network. I haven’t watched CNN in years. By the way, I am a Conservative. There are no news networks for real conservatives like myself.
Back to the NCAA response, it sure does look like they are leaning toward cancelling the tournaments. Probably the right thing to do.
 #26596  by BackupQB
 Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:56 pm
Gosh, these threads would be so much better if the words "Dems" or "Conservatives" or whatever else never made an appearance. There's a sports forum somewhere around here.

This is a public health matter. Listen to people who are qualified to speak on such things - CDC, WHO, and so on. And ignore anyone who contradicts those people (Trump, politicians, talking heads, for-profit 24 hours news channels, conspiracy theorists in your Facebook feed). If we all had never gotten into a shouting match about who is and isn't scoring the right political points and just took the common sense advice on how to limit the spread of COVID-19, we may not be in this situation.

Anyways, I doubt there will be an NCAA Tournament or NIT. Sad that Furman's season is over. I hope that we get to see them Dance next season.
Roundball, Affirm liked this
 #26599  by DungeonRealm
 Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:02 pm
Roundball wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:50 pm
DungeonRealm wrote:
fufanatic wrote:
DungeonRealm wrote:
Roundball wrote:
apaladin wrote:

You watch too much Fake News Network, aka Fox News Network. I haven’t watched CNN in years. By the way, I am a Conservative. There are no news networks for real conservatives like myself.
Back to the NCAA response, it sure does look like they are leaning toward cancelling the tournaments. Probably the right thing to do.

I don't watch any news, they are all biased as hell one way or another, that was exactly my point ;)
 #26600  by DungeonRealm
 Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:05 pm
BackupQB wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:56 pm
Gosh, these threads would be so much better if the words "Dems" or "Conservatives" or whatever else never made an appearance. There's a sports forum somewhere around here.

This is a public health matter. Listen to people who are qualified to speak on such things - CDC, WHO, and so on. And ignore anyone who contradicts those people (Trump, politicians, talking heads, for-profit 24 hours news channels, conspiracy theorists in your Facebook feed). If we all had never gotten into a shouting match about who is and isn't scoring the right political points and just took the common sense advice on how to limit the spread of COVID-19, we may not be in this situation.

Anyways, I doubt there will be an NCAA Tournament or NIT. Sad that Furman's season is over. I hope that we get to see them Dance next season.

That was my thought as well, but when people try to come in bashing and blaming trump on stupid junk they are asking for a response and they are going to get it
tim liked this
 #26602  by apaladin
 Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:21 pm
Something to ponder. Remember when the impeachment failed the dems said they would not stop. We are not going to have sports for a long time. A bigger question is what will this do to the mental health of the entire country or at least sports fans?
 #26605  by DungeonRealm
 Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:45 pm
apaladin wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:21 pm
Something to ponder. Remember when the impeachment failed the dems said they would not stop. We are not going to have sports for a long time. A bigger question is what will this do to the mental health of the entire country or at least sports fans?
Only time will tell

#26607  by apaladin
 Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:15 pm
cavedweller2 wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:04 am
They really ought to move the games to local High School gyms since there wont be any fans there anyway.
Not feasible as they are not equipped to handle TV, media, etc. Locker rooms/space not adequate.
 #26608  by JohnKX512
 Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:25 pm
Coronavirus is not a partisan issue.

So stop it.

We are helping slow down the spread of the virus to help save the lives of those that are elderly, weak immune system, or have other health issues.

If you post a Joe Biden or Trump post then you are totally ignorant.
Affirm, din23, 76MrMoto liked this
 #26609  by fufanatic
 Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:29 pm
DungeonRealm wrote:
fufanatic wrote:
DungeonRealm wrote:
Roundball wrote:
apaladin wrote:

I mean everything I said is recorded on camera for anyone to watch. But by all means, continue to close your eyes and stick your fingers in your ears. Maybe it's easier that way.
 #26611  by DungeonRealm
 Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:34 pm
JohnKX512 wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:25 pm
Coronavirus is not a partisan issue.

So stop it.

We are helping slow down the spread of the virus to help save the lives of those that are elderly, weak immune system, or have other health issues.

If you post a Joe Biden or Trump post then you are totally ignorant.

What the heck are you talking about?
 #26612  by apaladin
 Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:35 pm
Kansas and Duke have shut down all athletic and travel so there will be no NCAA tourney.
 #26613  by DungeonRealm
 Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:38 pm
fufanatic wrote:
Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:29 pm
DungeonRealm wrote:
fufanatic wrote:
DungeonRealm wrote:
Roundball wrote:
apaladin wrote:

I mean everything I said is recorded on camera for anyone to watch. But by all means, continue to close your eyes and stick your fingers in your ears. Maybe it's easier that way.

Funny, that's exactly what you seem to be doing with regard to the fact that things would be 100 times worse had we listened to the democrats in the beginning and not closed flights from China, but you can skirt around that one, SURE ;)

Recent Topics

User avatar What just happened?

by Flagman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 6:39 pm

by Flagman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 6:39 pm

by Flagman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 6:38 pm

by Flagman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 6:38 pm

Default Avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by RoanokeGreensboro80

Sat Sep 21, 2024 6:36 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.