• Podcast Questions For Coach Richey

#23104  by NCPaladin22
 Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:13 am
Doesn’t sounds like he’s on them according to his comments...said he has someone monitor them for recruiting purposes. He said he just had DF open the Winthrop game comments as they were pulling the questions for the podcast because he was curious the people’s take on the Well experience. Believe he referenced some other big programs that do the same thing in terms on monitoring. He has said many times before that ‘everything is messaging’ and we want our recruits to view our program in the proper light.
 #23106  by MNORM
 Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:31 am
I REALLY hope the appropriate people at Furman are looking a few years ahead and doing whatever is necessary to keep Bob Richey as our head coach. We needed a paradigm shift in the program both on and off the court. The culture he's created is something we should all be proud of.
He's the real deal.
FUKA61, fufanatic, furpop16 and 3 others liked this
 #23123  by tim
 Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:31 am
So, are we to understand that Furman practices are open to the public? I'm retired now and would love to see some if I knew the time. I just assumed practices were closed.
 #23125  by fufanatic
 Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:02 am
tim wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:31 am
So, are we to understand that Furman practices are open to the public? I'm retired now and would love to see some if I knew the time. I just assumed practices were closed.
That's what he said on the podcast yesterday. So I'm assuming it to be true.
 #23126  by Paul C
 Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:04 am
MNORM wrote:
I REALLY hope the appropriate people at Furman are looking a few years ahead and doing whatever is necessary to keep Bob Richey as our head coach. We needed a paradigm shift in the program both on and off the court. The culture he's created is something we should all be proud of.
He's the real deal.
When I win the Lottery he will be our Coach forever....just sayin'
MNORM, fufanatic, furpop16 and 2 others liked this
 #23127  by fufanatic
 Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:17 am
I've always appreciated BR's honesty and openness and I loved the podcast yesterday. I hope there will be future episodes where the topics are taken from fan questions. I would also ask Dan to consider polling fans for questions when he interviews Furman folks for the other podcast. I think that could really cool.

I do have to say one thing though. I'm very defensive of this message board. I found it when I was in HS in the early 2000s. It was brutal growing up knowing zero Furman fans besides my family. You just sorta assumed that no one gave a damn about the university you loved. So finding this confirmed that there were other people that cared. I still remember driving to Greenville to watch the video stream of the Furman-Montana State playoff game with a bunch of Furman fans I had never met but online. And this has certainly carried over to the last several years where I've lived out of the region and had zero Furman fans surrounding me. This message board has kept me engaged in the university and its athletics teams. And I think others would say the same. But I sometimes feel that our passion is taken for granted. Like BR even admitted, we have a lively board. While I don't agree with everything that's posted on here, I much prefer it to no or little online presence, like many FCS/mid-majors have. And I also prefer it to the bigger school message boards where nothing is off limits. If the athletics department thinks what's said on here is bad, I would ask them to check out a bigger school message board after a loss or even a close win for some schools. We can do better, but part of being a fan is living vicariously through your teams, feeling the ups and downs and using this place has an outlet to celebrate or vent so that you can carry on with the rest of your life. And I would argue that if a player would solely choose whether to go to a university or not based on a few message board posts that aren't even about them, I'm not entirely sure that's someone I want on the team anyway. Just my opinion.
fupaladin01, apaladin liked this
 #23128  by DungeonRealm
 Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:18 am
Paul C wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:04 am
MNORM wrote:
He's the real deal.
When I win the Lottery he will be our Coach forever....just sayin'

He's 58-22, I agree a lifetime contract is in order :D

Remember his very first game @ Saint Peter's in CIT semifinals, started down 15-0 and then got to 34-8, what a great story to tell his grand-kids one day when he is regarded as one of the all time greats!
Affirm liked this

Recent Topics

User avatar FU VS W&M GAME THREAD

by FUTex

Sun Sep 22, 2024 12:26 am

User avatar THE NEW SEASON

by apaladin

Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:57 pm

User avatar Bothwell

by FU Hoopla

Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:46 pm

User avatar Furman upsets Virginia (Greatest Game Of All Time)

by apaladin

Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:31 pm

Default Avatar Missing Players

by gofurman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 10:35 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.