• "Weekends At The Well" (Dec. 14, Jan. 11, Feb. 22)

#18019  by Affirm
 Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:53 pm
gman wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:28 pm
Horse wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:41 pm
All 3 weekends will be doubleheaders
I thought on one of the Saturdays is a doubleheader, on January 11.
I also think that only one of the Saturdays is a double. I think the CollegeAD Night Cap article had multiple errors, and that may have contributed to confusion. It incorrectly said both the men and women play all three Saturdays, but I think the women play only one of them.
 #18106  by DungeonRealm
 Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:47 pm
affirm wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:53 pm
gman wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:28 pm
Horse wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:41 pm
All 3 weekends will be doubleheaders
I thought on one of the Saturdays is a doubleheader, on January 11.
I also think that only one of the Saturdays is a double. I think the CollegeAD Night Cap article had multiple errors, and that may have contributed to confusion. It incorrectly said both the men and women play all three Saturdays, but I think the women play only one of them.

Indeed that is the only doubleheader according to the schedule
 #18153  by DungeonRealm
 Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:48 pm
Horse wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:13 pm
The Greenville news quotes Jackie Carson that her team will play at the well on all 3 weekends. That's all I that I know

If so must have been an error, all you have to do is look at the women's schedule to know that would be physically impossible, they don't play at all on Dec. 14th and play at UNCG on Feb. 22nd
https://furmanpaladins.com/schedule.aspx?path=wbball
 #18385  by DungeonRealm
 Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:13 pm
The more I think about this the more excited I get that we can pull it off and make it something special for years to come!
Imagine if we were doing this last season when we were a Top 25 team, I love that potential this presents for the future, and I really see a chance for us to pull in nearly 10k for the Wofford game if it winds up being a big game for both programs
 #18401  by MidlandsPaladin
 Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:14 am
DungeonRealm wrote:
The more I think about this the more excited I get that we can pull it off and make it something special for years to come!
Imagine if we were doing this last season when we were a Top 25 team, I love that potential this presents for the future, and I really see a chance for us to pull in nearly 10k for the Wofford game if it winds up being a big game for both programs
Problem is, over half that 10k will be Woffy fans. We can buy up all the tickets and keep them out of Timmons, but unless Paladin fans step up their game for off-campus contests (i.e. see SoCon tourney), we are going to be outnumbered and lose our home-court advantage.
 #18405  by gman
 Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:27 am
MidlandsPaladin wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:14 am
DungeonRealm wrote:
Problem is, over half that 10k will be Woffy fans. We can buy up all the tickets and keep them out of Timmons, but unless Paladin fans step up their game for off-campus contests (i.e. see SoCon tourney), we are going to be outnumbered and lose our home-court advantage.
Wofford fans are already talking about having more fans at the game. We will not have a home-court advantage no matter what, but I do hope our fans show up because Wofford fans will, if they are playing well. Our team deserves a great "home" crowd. The key to that is to sell the students on getting to the game.
 #18410  by DungeonRealm
 Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:25 pm
I expect us to have a better season than Wofford and also have more fans than them at the game

However even at a 50/50 spilt on nearly 10k would mean they are bringing in around $100,000 off 5k tickets ect. extra for us, ill take that and a win as well :D
 #18490  by apaladin
 Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:18 pm
DungeonRealm wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:46 pm
gman wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:38 pm
apaladin wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:13 pm
Woffy doesn't have 5k fans. :D
Sadly, we don’t either, not even for a football game.
I am hoping for 10k vs. Citadel next Saturday though!
I think there is an outside chance if they count the corps of cadets(do they?). It is homecoming. Of course the weather has to be perfect for some peeps. Right now, which of course is meaningless it is supposed to be partly cloudy and 73.

Recent Topics

Default Avatar FU VS W&M GAME THREAD

by The Jackal

Sun Sep 22, 2024 12:38 am

User avatar THE NEW SEASON

by apaladin

Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:57 pm

User avatar Bothwell

by FU Hoopla

Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:46 pm

User avatar Furman upsets Virginia (Greatest Game Of All Time)

by apaladin

Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:31 pm

Default Avatar Missing Players

by gofurman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 10:35 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.