• NGU @ Furman Nov. 6th (Opening Night)

#79451  by FU Hoopla
 Mon Nov 06, 2023 8:50 pm
El Guapo wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 8:40 pm
Am I the only one concert with the current level of play?
Rough game tonight, poor ball movement not getting enough open 3's and sloppy tunrovers, we will be better Friday with JP and AW back ;)
 #79457  by FU Hoopla
 Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:22 pm
Looks like for now the plan is to redshirt Bronson and Humphries

So with JP and AW back Friday we will have our 10 man rotation.............
 #79463  by Paul C
 Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:50 pm
About what I thought.

Out of sorts on O without JP….We were frantic and out of sync. And on D we are still figuring things out, a bit slow on rotations and saw some guys get confused at times.

Like I’ve said, we are going to have a tough November/early Dec….I guarantee that some on this board will be crying end of the world. But this team has so much talent and depth that when it gels we will be very good. Bowser needs minutes, he will have some frustrating moments, but he will be SOOOOO good. A microcosm of this team.

Molnar, Williams and Hughey are a great group of forwards. Vanderwal brings so much energy. PJ Smith still figuring out his role, which is fine. Marcus Foster trying to step up and be the man and you can tell he feels that burden. He might be SoCon POY candidate. Hein was out of sorts tonite, he will get it figured out.

Just remember this year is just the prequel. Anything we achieve this year is gravy….as this whole roster will be back next year.
Roundball, din23, furpop16 liked this
 #79465  by Sad Din
 Mon Nov 06, 2023 10:10 pm
Paul C wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:50 pm
About what I thought.

Out of sorts on O without JP….We were frantic and out of sync. And on D we are still figuring things out, a bit slow on rotations and saw some guys get confused at times.

Like I’ve said, we are going to have a tough November/early Dec….I guarantee that some on this board will be crying end of the world. But this team has so much talent and depth that when it gels we will be very good. Bowser needs minutes, he will have some frustrating moments, but he will be SOOOOO good. A microcosm of this team.

Molnar, Williams and Hughey are a great group of forwards. Vanderwal brings so much energy. PJ Smith still figuring out his role, which is fine. Marcus Foster trying to step up and be the man and you can tell he feels that burden. He might be SoCon POY candidate. Hein was out of sorts tonite, he will get it figured out.

Just remember this year is just the prequel. Anything we achieve this year is gravy….as this whole roster will be back next year.
seems like they started to figure it out towards the end. wasnt pretty but still scored 84 and 16 pt win
 #79466  by FurmAlum
 Mon Nov 06, 2023 10:11 pm
Two good assessments from Paul C tonight and Fork 457 earlier today. We need to be patient with this team during Nov. and Dec. We played hard tonight with a lot of effort but not smart. The O was too frenetic and out of sync. The D was better but not as good as it could be.

The one thing I liked was near the 10 min. mark when things started to get tight our group of Smith, Whitt, Vanderwal, Molnar, and Bowser played the rest of the way and extended the lead and did not choke. Coach did not have to put Foster, Hien, and Huey back in the game to get the win.

Give NGU some credit. They played hard and would have loved to knock Furman off on the night they got their rings,etc. They've probably been thinking about this game for months.

I thought Molnar played well and Bowser is gonna be good.

P.S AW might be out with an injury for Friday's game. No doubt we're going to have to be better to beat Belmont.
 #79467  by FUBF24
 Mon Nov 06, 2023 10:15 pm
JP should be back for Friday's game... not too concerned.

Marcus played nicely, and I was impressed by Molnar's efficiency. I liked what I saw from Carter as well.

We need to be better in our passing game... only 10 assists on 84 points... no doubt JP will fix that.

Our biggest flaw (still) I think is our three point defense. Saw a lot of NGU players take wide open shots that went in. If Belmont gets these same opportunities, we will be in trouble.

On to the next game, which I expect to be an offensive shootout.

Go Dins!

Recent Topics

Default Avatar 2025 Hoops Recruiting

by tya1

Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:44 pm

Default Avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FurmAlum

Thu Sep 19, 2024 8:40 pm

Default Avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by gofurman

Thu Sep 19, 2024 6:09 pm

Default Avatar Score guess for Furman vs Stetson

by gofurman

Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:51 pm

User avatar Roster Addition

by cavedweller2

Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:10 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.