• (23-4) Wofford @ (22-5) Furman Feb. 23rd (Worst Officiated Game in SoCon History)

#10892  by Affirm
 Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:01 pm
Kennypowers wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:51 pm
Sad, but Wofford is just better than us. We'll have to win the So Con tourney to get in IMO.
I am a diehard fan, and this hurts. Any time we lose to Wofford hurts. The 10-year success of Wofford over Furman continues, even though we have won some battles. I will continue looking for us to catch up. Winning the SoCon and going to the NCAA tournament, whether this year or some future year, will be a necessary first step. As I’ve stated previously, they’ve had 4 in the last 10 years, and we’ve had zero.
I know, many will say the sky is not falling. Maybe it’s not, but at least there is a glass ceiling that we have been unable to break for far too many years. We will keep trying.
Last edited by Affirm on Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #10895  by fufanatic
 Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:06 pm
Disappointing loss but Wofford is very good. Jackson killed us like he did a few years ago, and MaGee had a lot of clutch shots. I still thinkRaffery is a worthy player of the year, but MaGee is a special talent. Had many wild shots that rimmed out. Could have easily had 30. I’m biased, but I still think we could beat them. We will probably find out in Asheville in the semis. Better win 3 in a row before then to have any shot at tourney at-large, although I think that we might have to win or lose in finals to have any shot.
din23 liked this
 #10909  by gman
 Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:53 pm
DungeonRealm wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:17 pm
Refs were bad, controlled that game for Wofford from the tip to the end, we better than Wofford no doubt, not at all worried as long as we don't get a rigged crew against them in the future
Ridiculous post. Ignorant post. Are you just trying to be funny? By the way, no flopping tonight. None.
din23 liked this
 #10912  by purplehorse
 Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:09 pm
DungeonRealm wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:18 pm
Also Cam Jackson don't complain like a baby about our dunk at the end, you did the exact same thing with your pointless layup at the end of the first game
Amen! I thought his shot at the end of that game was classless but I doubt he gave it any thought.

He is a very good player and brought his A game today.
QCGlue liked this

Recent Topics

User avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:46 am

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:44 am

User avatar Countdown to Tip-Off

by FU Hoopla

Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:52 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:37 am

Default Avatar 2025 Hoops Recruiting

by tya1

Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:44 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.