• Coach Richey

#52432  by youwouldno
 Wed Mar 23, 2022 1:13 pm
As I said when CBR's interview was reported, he was clearly not at the top of their list and was pulled in as a possible back-up option. Meanwhile, no one actually wanted the job, likely including CBR himself. They only got Paris because he's losing a number of key players at UTC, has no replacements lined up, stinks at recruiting HS players, and this is basically his only shot to really cash in.

There is zero chance Paris will succeed at SC, it's literally impossible. SC would have been smarter to target a high-major assistant without a head coaching record. At least there would be a puncher's chance in that case.
 #52443  by Dins&Heels
 Wed Mar 23, 2022 3:18 pm
Seems like once the coaching search became the shit show that one would expect of USC, he wisely said thanks but no thanks. I’ll be excited for CBR when he advances to a big time job far superior to that one.
 #52448  by Davemeister
 Wed Mar 23, 2022 3:58 pm
Dins&Heels wrote:
Seems like once the coaching search became the shit show that one would expect of USC, he wisely said thanks but no thanks. I’ll be excited for CBR when he advances to a big time job far superior to that one.

ANY big-time job would be far superior to that one. With the exception of Dawn Staley, Columbia is a graveyard for BB coaching careers.
 #52451  by Affirm
 Wed Mar 23, 2022 8:54 pm
youwouldno wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 1:13 pm
As I said when CBR's interview was reported, he was clearly not at the top of their list and was pulled in as a possible back-up option. Meanwhile, no one actually wanted the job, likely including CBR himself. They only got Paris because he's losing a number of key players at UTC, has no replacements lined up, stinks at recruiting HS players, and this is basically his only shot to really cash in.

There is zero chance Paris will succeed at SC, it's literally impossible. SC would have been smarter to target a high-major assistant without a head coaching record. At least there would be a puncher's chance in that case.
BJ
 #52452  by Affirm
 Wed Mar 23, 2022 8:59 pm
Dins&Heels wrote:
I will NOT be excited about him going anywhere. Keep him at Furman.
What salaries have been offered to hire new coaches at
UofSC, Georgia, Florida, Mississippi State, LSU, and Missouri?
What is the best that Furman can do to try to keep CBR, in comparison to any of those salaries?
I am sure we cannot outbid any of those rich schools and others like them. Even though it would probably have to be just a gesture to CBR to try to keep him at Furman, we need to do the best we can feasibly do towards the goal of rewarding him and keeping him.
 #52465  by furpop16
 Thu Mar 24, 2022 11:25 am
palafan wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 10:54 am
CBR is one reason I play Powerball and MegaMillions.

And Timmons is the other reason?
 #52466  by palafan
 Thu Mar 24, 2022 11:27 am
furpop16 wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 11:25 am
palafan wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 10:54 am
CBR is one reason I play Powerball and MegaMillions.

And Timmons is the other reason?
Exactly.
furpop16 liked this
 #52469  by Furmanoid
 Thu Mar 24, 2022 2:07 pm
affirm wrote:
Dins&Heels wrote:
What is the best that Furman can do to try to keep CBR, in comparison to any of those salaries?
I am sure we cannot outbid any of those rich schools and others like them. Even though it would probably have to be just a gesture to CBR to try to keep him at Furman, we need to do the best we can feasibly do towards the goal of rewarding him and keeping him.
How bout this. We cut loose ED and give her house, salary, etc to CBR. If we just have to have a president, hell, anybody can do that! I’ll do it for minimum wage. Or maybe apaladin will. Sorry affirm but your views on conference affiliation may be disqualifying.
apaladin, FUBeAR liked this
 #52470  by Affirm
 Thu Mar 24, 2022 2:46 pm
Furmanoid wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 2:07 pm
affirm wrote:
Dins&Heels wrote:
How bout this. We cut loose ED and give her house, salary, etc to CBR. If we just have to have a president, hell, anybody can do that! I’ll do it for minimum wage. Or maybe apaladin will. Sorry affirm but your views on conference affiliation may be disqualifying.
Nonsense. If your comment is the solution, just close down the school.