• Taking a Transfer

#52708  by apaladin
 Sat Apr 02, 2022 2:14 pm
DungeonRealm wrote:
Sat Apr 02, 2022 11:55 am
FU3 wrote:
Sat Apr 02, 2022 10:28 am
Coach K recruited the best players he could get to come to Duke. Those players made the (in most cases) smart decision to leave early to go to the NBA to make millions of dollars. The NCAA is a broken organization and needs either wholesale structural change or to be replaced by a new organization. I am glad that he is calling out the rot in the NCAA and I hope some of his ideas are utilized to make the structural changes needed.
Semi Pro team, does not help the situation
Also never play road games, coach K is the master of taking advantage of the situation and full of BS
Ill listen to some coaches on the matter, I don't want to hear anything out of his rotten mouth though
No semi-pro to it. Semi pro means no pay. Im sure these one and dones were well paid at Duke and other like schools, long before the NIL thingy.
 #52710  by DungeonRealm
 Sat Apr 02, 2022 2:18 pm
apaladin wrote:
Sat Apr 02, 2022 2:14 pm
DungeonRealm wrote:
Sat Apr 02, 2022 11:55 am
FU3 wrote:
Sat Apr 02, 2022 10:28 am
Coach K recruited the best players he could get to come to Duke. Those players made the (in most cases) smart decision to leave early to go to the NBA to make millions of dollars. The NCAA is a broken organization and needs either wholesale structural change or to be replaced by a new organization. I am glad that he is calling out the rot in the NCAA and I hope some of his ideas are utilized to make the structural changes needed.
Semi Pro team, does not help the situation
Also never play road games, coach K is the master of taking advantage of the situation and full of BS
Ill listen to some coaches on the matter, I don't want to hear anything out of his rotten mouth though
No semi-pro to it. Semi pro means no pay. Im sure these one and dones were well paid at Duke and other like schools, long before the NIL thingy.
Indeed, good point!
 #52735  by DungeonRealm
 Sun Apr 03, 2022 2:35 pm
Still wondering about Malachi Smith at UTC, will he stay or will he go?
 #52739  by soconjohn
 Sun Apr 03, 2022 3:14 pm
I think he's staying put if Jake Stephens, Bubba Parham and Kamdyn Curfman join him in Chatty.
 #52740  by DungeonRealm
 Sun Apr 03, 2022 3:16 pm
soconjohn wrote:
Sun Apr 03, 2022 3:14 pm
I think he's staying put if Jake Stephens, Bubba Parham and Kamdyn Curfman join him in Chatty.
That sounds like only the wishful thinking going through a UTC fans mind, no doubt Jake Stephens is either going Pro somewhere in Europe or P6 college ball

Stephens has not even entered the portal, so that tells me he's leaning heavy on going Pro somewhere
 #52742  by soconjohn
 Sun Apr 03, 2022 3:22 pm
When it involves odds stacked against Furman winning the league in hoops in terms of other teams' personnel, I always error on the side that all-star teams are getting formed at all other nine league programs to prevent Furman from winning the tourney in Asheville, but let's be honest...They'll need to assemble a mid-major all-star team I believe and that probably still won't be enough in 2022-23...I kid a little, but the latter part might be true :D
 #52745  by DungeonRealm
 Sun Apr 03, 2022 9:28 pm
I've convinced myself that Matthew Ragsdale (6'4 SG) is who we should sign as our transfer pickup this season

Good size, scoring ability and experience, shooting numbers dropped a bit this season as his usage went up but that's something our system can clean up as he will not be asked to be such a workhorse for us

https://twitter.com/Matthew_R_23

https://gomountaineers.com/sports/mens- ... sdale/7500
Fuonetime liked this
 #52746  by DungeonRealm
 Sun Apr 03, 2022 9:55 pm
DungeonRealm wrote:
Sun Apr 03, 2022 9:28 pm
I've convinced myself that Matthew Ragsdale (6'4 SG) is who we should sign as our transfer pickup this season

Good size, scoring ability and experience, shooting numbers dropped a bit this season as his usage went up but that's something our system can clean up as he will not be asked to be such a workhorse for us

https://twitter.com/Matthew_R_23

https://gomountaineers.com/sports/mens- ... sdale/7500

Scored 20ppg last year and 21ppg this season (DII)

Fuonetime liked this
 #52749  by apaladin
 Mon Apr 04, 2022 3:04 pm
FYI- LSU curently has zero basketball players on scholarship. Wow! It’s getting worse.
 #52767  by DungeonRealm
 Tue Apr 05, 2022 4:12 pm
Roundball wrote:
Tue Apr 05, 2022 4:01 pm
I would love to see Stephens in purple and white.

Stephens will go P6 somewhere, already some talk that UNC wants him to replace Brady Manek