• Furman @ NC State (Dec. 13th 6:30pm)

#62919  by Furmanoid
 Thu Dec 15, 2022 10:25 am
furpop16 wrote:
Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:34 am
Of course all will become clear looking backward after March, but from our position right now the excitement of this team is taking place off the court: observing how CBR figures this out. Lots of moving parts, lots of levers to pull. I remain highly confident.
I get what you are saying, but it will be hard to tell if we are getting better or not due to the lower quality of competition. We could likely go out with no improvement at all and beat up on the SoCon. The next test will come in the first round of the NCAA. Nothing will be clear until after that game.
 #62920  by FU Hoopla
 Thu Dec 15, 2022 10:29 am
Furmanoid wrote:
furpop16 wrote:
Of course all will become clear looking backward after March, but from our position right now the excitement of this team is taking place off the court: observing how CBR figures this out. Lots of moving parts, lots of levers to pull. I remain highly confident.
I get what you are saying, but it will be hard to tell if we are getting better or not due to the lower quality of competition. We could likely go out with no improvement at all and beat up on the SoCon. The next test will come in the first round of the NCAA. Nothing will be clear until after that game.

This year is all about ending the NCAA drought, one step at a time ;)
 #62924  by Davemeister
 Thu Dec 15, 2022 11:12 am
FU Hoopla wrote:

Right, but we can't really do anything about going to the Dance till March.

In the meantime, we need to win the SoCon regular season. Not only does 1st Place position us well for the Tourney, it gives us a bid to the NIT. While the NIT is not our goal, it takes a certain amount of pressure off our players knowing their year won't end in Asheville. So we go up the Hill loose and confident, finally win the darn thing, and give the NIT the Middle Finger.
FU Hoopla, dornb liked this
 #62925  by FU Hoopla
 Thu Dec 15, 2022 11:17 am
Davemeister wrote:
Thu Dec 15, 2022 11:12 am
FU Hoopla wrote:

Right, but we can't really do anything about going to the Dance till March.

In the meantime, we need to win the SoCon regular season. Not only does 1st Place position us well for the Tourney, it gives us a bid to the NIT. While the NIT is not our goal, it takes a certain amount of pressure off our players knowing their year won't end in Asheville. So we go up the Hill loose and confident, finally win the darn thing, and give the NIT the Middle Finger.

Right, my point was to anyone who says well we did not perform well in the NCAA tourney so this season was not a success type of outlook.
We have only won 1 NCAA game in our history, this season will only be judged on getting to the dance to be considered a success, one step at a time.

We will win this Saturday, we will win the SoCon regular season title, and we will win on March 6th!
 #62974  by FurmAlum
 Thu Dec 15, 2022 11:52 pm
Furmanoid wrote:
furpop16 wrote:
I don't think the SoCon is going to be all that easy.
bj93 liked this
 #62975  by apaladin
 Fri Dec 16, 2022 12:06 am
FurmAlum wrote:
Thu Dec 15, 2022 11:52 pm
Furmanoid wrote:
furpop16 wrote:
I don't think the SoCon is going to be all that easy.
It certainly won’t be. Right now I would say.
1. UTC
2. Samford(Glover out)
3. FU
Subject to change.
 #63053  by purplehorse123
 Fri Dec 16, 2022 5:34 pm
We have a tendency to not ever make things easy for ourselves. If we win the regular season, I doubt we win it going away. If you quit reading or hearing about how “scary good” we could be and only based your evaluation on performance on the court t-date, your prediction would be middle-of-the-pack. I sure hope we improve!

Recent Topics

User avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:32 am

User avatar Notes from all around

by FurmanATT

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:26 am

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:44 am

User avatar Countdown to Tip-Off

by FU Hoopla

Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:52 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:37 am

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.