• Wofftard aka Flop-fford vs. Furman (Larsen stop flopping son)

#50580  by Sad Din
 Sat Feb 19, 2022 7:18 pm
The Jackal wrote:
Sat Feb 19, 2022 7:16 pm
I'm not a sophisticated basketball guy.

Someone explain this one to me.

Hein fouls a guy or he gets a timeout called. Wofford player then flops on the court like he was shot by a sniper. Hein walks to the Furman bench and Wofford player gets in his face. Hein gets a tech.

What'd I miss?
SoCon Refs
 #50581  by purplehorse
 Sat Feb 19, 2022 7:23 pm
The Jackal wrote:

Hein fouls a guy or he gets a timeout called. Wofford player then flops on the court like he was shot by a sniper. Hein walks to the Furman bench and Wofford player gets in his face. Hein gets a tech.

What'd I miss?
The spelling of Hien’s name. Folks are getting a little better though. It is truly Hien not Hein.
Davemeister liked this
 #50582  by Sad Din
Sad Din wrote:
Sat Feb 19, 2022 7:18 pm
The Jackal wrote:

What'd I miss?
SoCon Refs

Watch Hien get clobbered at the end... no call

#50587  by apaladin
 Sat Feb 19, 2022 8:52 pm
Our MO lately. Great D the first half not too good the second half. Last 3 games we have given up 78 in he first half and 140 the second. I guess they wear themselves out in the first half. There was a noticeable drop off in the second half today.
 #50588  by purplehorse
 Sat Feb 19, 2022 9:03 pm
Larsen actually fouled Slawson on bounce pass from Hunter with just under a minute left.

Hien did bump Larsen with his left knee BUT I don’t really think worthy of a foul. HUGE flop by Larsen.

Mack missed both of their 3’s in the last minute. True he had hit at least 2 3’s but he was the guy we wanted shooting those-the first with Alex right on him with arms up and the final shot with 3 seconds with very soft D by Slawson. Both terrible shots when only down by 1.

We played well in last 5 minutes.

Wofford missed two FT in the last 5 minutes (Larsen the 2nd FT sand then another guy the front end of a 1 and 1 with 4:17 left.

The Wofford coach went up to the black ref right at end of game saying something to him but he did not respond and just kept walking.
 #50602  by Roundball
 Sun Feb 20, 2022 9:28 am
purplehorse wrote:
The Jackal wrote:

What'd I miss?
The spelling of Hien’s name. Folks are getting a little better though. It is truly Hien not Hein.
Exactly. Give the man some respect by spelling and pronouncing his name correctly. Hien, rhymes with the word lien.
underjack liked this
 #50604  by apaladin
 Sun Feb 20, 2022 11:36 am
Davemeister wrote:
Sun Feb 20, 2022 10:57 am
Methinks the refs should have called T's on Wofford for wallowing on the floor instead of playing ball. FLOP U all the time!
Yep there are rules against fopping now. With all the flopping yesterday there were no calls. SoCon refs.
underjack and 1 others liked this
 #50639  by MNORM
 Mon Feb 21, 2022 11:41 am
apaladin wrote:
Sun Feb 20, 2022 1:50 am
On channel 4 tonight it said the FU sweep of Wofford was the first in 16 years. Wow! Hard to believe we won with Hunter and Bothwell combining for 6 points(one basket each). They had 48 Wednesday. 😳
We have a opportunity to sweep both Woffy and the Bellhops in Football and Basketball in the same academic year this Saturday.
MidlandsPaladin, din23, dornb and 4 others liked this
 #50640  by gman84
 Mon Feb 21, 2022 1:16 pm
apaladin wrote:
Sun Feb 20, 2022 1:50 am
On channel 4 tonight it said the FU sweep of Wofford was the first in 16 years. Wow! Hard to believe we won with Hunter and Bothwell combining for 6 points(one basket each). They had 48 Wednesday. 😳
Does seem hard to believe. BR said in his post game that sometimes guys play well and it doesn't show on the stats sheet. I'm also sure Wofford said we can't let these guys score another 48. That's when you know you have a TEAM.
furpop16, furman88, Roundball and 1 others liked this
 #50641  by apaladin
 Mon Feb 21, 2022 3:54 pm
apaladin wrote:
Davemeister wrote:
Methinks the refs should have called T's on Wofford for wallowing on the floor instead of playing ball. FLOP U all the time!
Yep there are rules against fopping now. With all the flopping yesterday there were no calls. SoCon refs.
I think the academy award goes to Larsen on the late 3 when Pegues jumped at him, didn’t touch him. You would have thought Ali had knocked Larsen out. Of course refs bought the flop, hook, line and sinker, 3 points WC.
QCGlue and 1 others liked this
 #50644  by Sad Din
 Mon Feb 21, 2022 5:52 pm
apaladin wrote:
Mon Feb 21, 2022 3:54 pm
apaladin wrote:
Davemeister wrote:
I think the academy award goes to Larsen on the late 3 when Pegues jumped at him, didn’t touch him. You would have thought Ali had knocked Larsen out. Of course refs bought the flop, hook, line and sinker, 3 points WC.
seriously.. watched the game replay. If it werent so irritating it would be sooo comical. They have been trained that any contact in the least they flop back as if shot by a 12 gauge.

The 3pt shot, the Hein slight brush with his foot... all the same
underjack, QCGlue and 1 others liked this