• FU @ Louisville Nov. 12th

#46280  by apaladin
 Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:25 pm
hawg wrote:
Sat Nov 13, 2021 8:56 pm
Maybe I am alone, BUT (big but) it seems to me that if you are in a situation where you are on the cusp of a big win, score tied, 5 seconds left, ball in the hands of your top offensive player, it is not a good time to call a timeout.
Not even trying to suggest that I would be a better coach than our guy, with whom I am well pleased.
Totally agree as I stated above. MB was one on one and was in good position when time was called, Then on the ensuing inbounds UL was letting Slawson get the ball and he takes off to the baseline and we barely get it in. Thank goodness it all worked out. :D
 #46286  by purplehorse
 Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:03 pm
A few comments from the Louisville Message Board:

During Game

Furmans coach is a cool customer, I like him

After The Game

Furman is better than Louisville. Never thought that would be a reality.

Fan A-I know a loss is going to bring all the haters out but I don't feel bad about this one. We are still searching for our identity as a team, everyone is figuring out their role and our coach is out. Chalk this loss up to growing pains and move on.

Fan B-We lost to Furman at home. There is no silver lining to that.

Fan C-Sometimes you have to find them. You can learn more from the losses.

Fan D-The only thing I ever learned from a loss is that I don’t like losing!
FU69 liked this
 #46290  by furpop16
 Sun Nov 14, 2021 12:48 am
apaladin wrote:
Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:25 pm
hawg wrote:
Sat Nov 13, 2021 8:56 pm
Maybe I am alone, BUT (big but) it seems to me that if you are in a situation where you are on the cusp of a big win, score tied, 5 seconds left, ball in the hands of your top offensive player, it is not a good time to call a timeout.
Not even trying to suggest that I would be a better coach than our guy, with whom I am well pleased.
Totally agree as I stated above. MB was one on one and was in good position when time was called, Then on the ensuing inbounds UL was letting Slawson get the ball and he takes off to the baseline and we barely get it in. Thank goodness it all worked out. :D

I’m inclined to think it’s the perfect time to call a timeout. I’m a never-played-the-game hack as well, but I have to think our chances are always better from a set-play that we control. To your point, coach admitted on the post-game the inbound play was blown, but that doesn’t mean it wasn’t the right thing to do.
 #46301  by FurmAlum
 Sun Nov 14, 2021 9:44 am
I enjoyed seeing CBR's 7-8 year old son celebrating in the locker room with the team. That tells you all you need to know about CBR.

What a cool experience, and on a school night! Or, did he get to go on the road trip because it was Veterans Day weekend? HAHA.
 #46304  by DungeonRealm
 Sun Nov 14, 2021 11:39 am
FurmAlum wrote:
I enjoyed seeing CBR's 7-8 year old son celebrating in the locker room with the team. That tells you all you need to know about CBR.

What a cool experience, and on a school night! Or, did he get to go on the road trip because it was Veterans Day weekend? HAHA.
Noticed that as well
CBR with the dance moves too :lol:
We also had one or two of the guys that just signed with us in there, good stuff
 #46328  by apaladin
 Sun Nov 14, 2021 3:33 pm
DungeonRealm wrote:
FurmAlum wrote:

Noticed that as well
We also had one or two of the guys that just signed with us in there, good stuff
Are you sure about the recruits? One is 5 hours from Louusville and the other is 9 hours.
 #46329  by DungeonRealm
 Sun Nov 14, 2021 4:17 pm
apaladin wrote:
Sun Nov 14, 2021 3:33 pm
DungeonRealm wrote:
FurmAlum wrote:

Noticed that as well
Are you sure about the recruits? One is 5 hours from Louusville and the other is 9 hours.

Recent Topics

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:54 pm

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:53 pm

User avatar Missing Players

by AllTimeFU

Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:32 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

User avatar TV

by Louis Tully

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:39 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.