• We played SOFT

#24136  by DungeonRealm
 Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:13 pm
Only two options, start playing like you mean it and are capable of and get prepared mentally to take this league tournament once and for all, or let the 40 year curse live on

Whats it going to be??
Affirm liked this
 #24137  by CharlieFU
 Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:14 pm
FurmAlum wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:49 pm
That was pathetic. A team that can only win at home is not much of a team. We played like a bunch of gutless freshmen. Why do these college kids wilt like a dryed up daisy on the road and play like world beaters at home?
Weren’t we in an 8 game SoCon road game streak? At one point we had as many true road wins any team in the socon and most of the country.

The road is not it.
 #24138  by apaladin
 Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:22 pm
DungeonRealm wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:13 pm
Only two options, start playing like you mean it and are capable of and get prepared mentally to take this league tournament once and for all, or let the 40 year curse live on

Whats it going to be??
Unfortunately I think we all already know the answer.
Affirm liked this
 #24139  by MidlandsPaladin
 Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:23 pm
We live and die with the 3. It almost cost us against WCU. At what point do you stop shooting them until we get in some type of offensive rhythm? Wofford only put 66 on the board. If you had told me that ahead of time I tell you we win by 20.
Jasper, fufanatic liked this
 #24140  by Jasper
 Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:23 pm
It looked like a total choke to me. It seems to be what Furman teams do when they meet Wofford. The beginning of the game was a farce. 5 minutes into the game we had not scored and that was pretty much all she wrote. Less than 20 points in a half and totally outplayed in all aspects. No coaching adjustments discernible. Furman needs to make some personnel changes if there is to be any chance in the tournament. They are obvious. Right now, we are not nearly as good as advertised. This game was disappointing on several levels and no amount of fan rationalization can change that. It is sure to come however. It always does.
apaladin liked this
 #24141  by apaladin
 Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:25 pm
Baseball season starts in less than a month.; :)
 #24143  by Jasper
 Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:32 pm
His shooting form is dreadful. Why doesn’t the coaching staff correct it? He flings it at the basket in one motion. That is very correctable.
 #24144  by CharlieFU
 Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:50 pm
Jasper wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:32 pm
His shooting form is dreadful. Why doesn’t the coaching staff correct it? He flings it at the basket in one motion. That is very correctable.
I might be wrong but I have thought his shot was different this year. The results are the same though.

I cannot imagine that somewhere along the way the coaches have not tried to help him.
 #24145  by CharlieFU
 Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:52 pm
Someone said bench Lyons and start Bothwell. That’s not the solution. If you start Bothwell, there are better options available for a sub.
tim, MNORM liked this
 #24146  by rangab
 Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:59 pm
Why does Furman not have a big man? Year in year out our tallest guy is around 6' 8.Wofford fight now owns us in just about every sport.The disheartening thing is they hire away our coaches and they beat us.
 #24147  by MidlandsPaladin
apaladin wrote:
That’s not the answer - I want to see us beat Woffy in SOMETHING.... when do we play them in Women’s Tennis?😄
 #24148  by apaladin
 Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:02 pm
To show you how bad the performance was tonight, their biggest SoCon win before tonight was 5 points over Samford. Besides not being connected on offense I thought we were not aggressive and passed up good shots to end up with a turnover or bad shot. For the lack of a better term we just looked skeered.
tim liked this
 #24149  by apaladin
 Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:03 pm
MidlandsPaladin wrote:
apaladin wrote:
That’s not the answer - I want to see us beat Woffy in SOMETHING.... when do we play them in Women’s Tennis?😄
We do pretty much dominate in the minor sports but big whooptedo.
 #24150  by furpop16
 Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:11 pm
CBR’s “Mars Hill”. He was due.
 #24151  by tim
 Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:19 pm
DungeonRealm wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:41 pm
Probably what hurts the most is knowing how half ass Woffy is this year, and we still come out and piss around like this, smh

Pretty sure we will blow them out in Greenville, but this was a nice chance to beat them in that craphole town spartanburg, no offense to anyone living there, but its a total dump of a town and we just took a fat L there
Driving up the Interstate tonight I pretty much knew the way it would go, team must have felt that way too. Something about Spartanburg sucks the life out of Furman athletics.

Recent Topics

User avatar FU VS W&M GAME THREAD

by apaladin

Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:24 pm

Default Avatar Bothwell

by PeterGrif

Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:19 pm

Default Avatar Missing Players

by gofurman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 10:35 pm

Default Avatar What just happened?

by The Jackal

Sat Sep 21, 2024 7:33 pm

User avatar What just happened?

by bj93

Sat Sep 21, 2024 7:32 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.