• Winthrop @ Furman (Dec. 14)(BSWA)

#22918  by soconjohn
 Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:22 pm
I was wrong about the Duquesne game...Sorry about that...It was played in Albany...Too man N1 an N2s in the media guide I guess...Just kidding lol...And I I thought I did remember the two Clemson games, but on the key it didn’t list where the neutral court or where that neutral court was so I also overlooked it and that was also my fault...So just owning up to my own snafus...Sorry about that...I will do better.
apaladin and 1 others liked this
 #22919  by DungeonRealm
 Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:39 pm
soconjohn wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:22 pm
I was wrong about the Duquesne game...Sorry about that...It was played in Albany...Too man N1 an N2s in the media guide I guess...Just kidding lol...And I I thought I did remember the two Clemson games, but on the key it didn’t list where the neutral court or where that neutral court was so I also overlooked it and that was also my fault...So just owning up to my own snafus...Sorry about that...I will do better.
You're doing a good job covering FU hoops!
Bootie liked this
 #22927  by DungeonRealm
 Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:17 am
So that was nearly 3k, just imagine how rocking that place will be if we keep this program climbing and we get 5k+ in there for some big time hoops!

#22928  by apaladin
 Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:19 am
A lesson lrearned tonight that you can never let up against a good team. We got real sloppy about the 6 minute mark and they would have cut it to 4 if not for a traveling call. Tonight Gonzaga led Arizona by 16 with a minute and a half left and Arizona cut it to 2 before Gonzaga hit 2 free throws to win by 4.
Bootie liked this
 #22929  by furpop16
 Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:30 am
Fessor wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:52 pm
I would hope that this officially starts the clock ticking on Timmons.
It may have the opposite effect: offering a fancy venue to showcase the team so nearer-term funds can provide for a state-of-the-art practice facility (in line with priorities voiced by CBR after the conclusion of last season). Besides, unless any Timmons replacement were built right there in downtown Greenville, this whole "Furman is Greenville's partner" campaign would seem rather empty.

Nevertheless to your point, I can also envisage quite a letdown having to return on weekdays to play in Timmons, especially if Weekends-at-the-Well prove increasingly more popular. In which case I'd then expect more lipstick on the pig before a new arena.
 #22930  by DungeonRealm
 Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:54 am
furpop16 wrote:
Fessor wrote:
It may have the opposite effect: offering a fancy venue to showcase the team so nearer-term funds can provide for a state-of-the-art practice facility (in line with priorities voiced by CBR after the conclusion of last season). Besides, unless any Timmons replacement were built right there in downtown Greenville, this whole "Furman is Greenville's partner" campaign would seem rather empty.

Nevertheless to your point, I can also envisage quite a letdown having to return on weekdays to play in Timmons, especially if Weekends-at-the-Well prove increasingly more popular. In which case I'd then expect more lipstick on the pig before a new arena.

I think he means us gradually playing more and more games downtown at the 'Well' if we can keep this thing rolling bigger and better every year and less total games each year at Timmons
 #22932  by furpop16
 Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:12 am
DungeonRealm wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:54 am
furpop16 wrote:
Fessor wrote:

I think he means us gradually playing more and more games downtown at the 'Well' if we can keep this thing rolling bigger and better every year and less total games each year at Timmons
Fessor: if not too much trouble, please remind us of your true feelings toward the Timmons facility itself. (Grab a beer, DungeonRealm. You're about to get an education.)
 #22933  by Affirm
 Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:36 am
I hope we’ll continue playing the majority of our home games on campus. After we have averaged 3,000 per game in Timmons for 2 complete seasons and concurrently 5,000 per game in BSWA for 2 complete seasons, then we need to be building a 5,000 on-campus arena.
Go Furman.
 #22939  by apaladin
 Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:09 am
affirm wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:36 am
I hope we’ll continue playing the majority of our home games on campus. After we have averaged 3,000 per game in Timmons for 2 complete seasons and concurrently 5,000 per game in BSWA for 2 complete seasons, then we need to be building a 5,000 on-campus arena.
Go Furman.
Hard to average 3K at Timmons when it only holds 2,500. ;)
 #22943  by purplehorse
 Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:59 pm
If we can recruit better players and put a better product on the court, more fans will come whether your name is Furman or Clemson. And regardless of where you play.
 #22945  by CharlieFU
 Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:29 pm
purplehorse wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:59 pm
If we can recruit better players and put a better product on the court, more fans will come whether your name is Furman or Clemson. And regardless of where you play.
Which is exactly what we have done over the last 5-6 years. I do think an improved facility could make a difference in recruiting. The other thing that will help recruiting is more money to travel, for quicker and easier access to prospects. Our budget is minuscule compared to other SoSon and comparable schools.

Timmons will be re-configured, I’m guessing, and along with it, a practice facility of some sort. That is also badly needed.

When? I have no idea. Probably when someone steps forward with a significant 7 or 8 figure gift!

Recent Topics

User avatar FU VS W&M GAME THREAD

by FUTex

Sun Sep 22, 2024 12:26 am

User avatar THE NEW SEASON

by apaladin

Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:57 pm

User avatar Bothwell

by FU Hoopla

Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:46 pm

User avatar Furman upsets Virginia (Greatest Game Of All Time)

by apaladin

Sat Sep 21, 2024 11:31 pm

Default Avatar Missing Players

by gofurman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 10:35 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.