• MOVING FORWARD

#9256  by fu77fan
 Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:29 am
Our record within the Southern Conference is somewhat deceiving due to the fact we have had to play the top 3 teams in the league on the road. If we can take advantage of home court advantage moving forward, we will do fine .
Prior to the game with Wofford, I frankly was not sure that we would be able to hang with them. I think it is encouraging that we played toe to toe with them on a night where we shot the ball so poorly. The game clearly could have gone either way. I think the biggest shot of the game might have been their 3 point bank shot at the end of the first half. I have no doubt that we can beat Wofford in Greenville.
I hope that we finish strong.

Go Furman
AstroDin, dornb, gman and 3 others liked this
 #9260  by purplehorse
 Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:01 pm
The verdict is really not in yet on this team. As pointed out, we have largely played a cupcake schedule, we have lost on the road to 4 good teams etc. Nobody can take away our two wins against Loyola and Villanova. So the real verdict is the future this year, not the past. Can we win all the games we are supposed to win? Can we beat the Big 3 at home? I have said all along this year we are inconsistent and that is still the case. Brown is a senior and Lyons is a junior-they should be consistent by now. Ditto for Mounce and Hunter who are half way thru their soph years. Hard to play the youth card for those two at this point.

Time will tell.
 #9268  by Flagman
 Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:18 pm
Moving forward? The only way to go.

Recent Topics

User avatar Countdown to Tip-Off

by FU Hoopla

Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:52 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:37 am

User avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 1:19 am

Default Avatar 2025 Hoops Recruiting

by tya1

Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:44 pm

Default Avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FurmAlum

Thu Sep 19, 2024 8:40 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.