• FU 97 WCU 73

#669  by apaladin
 Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:40 pm
Good game all around!! One down 2 to go!!
 #671  by Paul C
 Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:00 pm
No one played more than 24 min..

5 players scored double figures and Sibley and Brown not among them.

We are deep and balanced.
 #672  by CharlieFU
 Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:32 pm
Coach Richey told me to tell y’all to get your sorry buts to Asheville for tomorrow’s semi final! ETSU has a bunch of fans up here.

Go Dins!
 #676  by silentbob
 Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:42 am
Awesome team win.

I've always admired Larry Hunter as a coach and thought he was a pretty good guy.

But he can take starting to full-court press with 2 minutes to go when our third team is in and shove it up his Cullowhee cornhole. Loved it when our walk-on drilled the wide open 3 after they started that bush league crap.

Oh by the way, when you're losing by 26 there's really not much sense in letting the ball roll up the court to save time. Just get the whipping over with already.

Also always enjoy their band performances at halftime at the tournament, but I can do without their "bullsh*t" chants after fouls. I don't like it when students/fans do it, but at least they aren't there in an official capacity representing the school like the band members are. Pretty embarrassing representation tonight.
 #677  by DungeonRealm
 Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:48 am
CharlieFU wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:32 pm
Coach Richey told me to tell y’all to get your sorry buts to Asheville for tomorrow’s semi final! ETSU has a bunch of fans up here.

Go Dins!
Amen!!!
 #680  by CharlieFU
 Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:08 am
silentbob wrote:
Awesome team win.

I've always admired Larry Hunter as a coach and thought he was a pretty good guy.

But he can take starting to full-court press with 2 minutes to go when our third team is in and shove it up his Cullowhee cornhole. Loved it when our walk-on drilled the wide open 3 after they started that bush league crap.

Oh by the way, when you're losing by 26 there's really not much sense in letting the ball roll up the court to save time. Just get the whipping over with already.

Also always enjoy their band performances at halftime at the tournament, but I can do without their "bullsh*t" chants after fouls. I don't like it when students/fans do it, but at least they aren't there in an official capacity representing the school like the band members are. Pretty embarrassing representation tonight.
I was at Cullowhee for our last game. The WCU band had several signs and one said “Furman Sucks!” Classy, uh? They also had one “Benchwarmer” which I think was in reference to Sibley.
 #682  by MidlandsPaladin
 Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:36 am
silentbob wrote:
Also, not much sense letting the ball roll up the court after a Furman basket WHEN THE CLOCK IS RUNNING!
 #683  by The Jackal
 Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:37 am
CharlieFU wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:08 am
silentbob wrote:
Awesome team win.

I was at Cullowhee for our last game. The WCU band had several signs and one said “Furman Sucks!” Classy, uh? They also had one “Benchwarmer” which I think was in reference to Sibley.
Tough stuff coming from a team Furman has throttled three times this season.
 #684  by Jasper
 Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:00 am
I couldn't agree more. The coach is responsible for the ridiculous "rolling the ball up" nonsense and the full court press down a zillion. But their fans and "students" are just classless jerks. We had an idiot behind us whose concept of rooting for his team was to loudly shout "brick" when a Furman player was taking a foul shot.
 #685  by furman88
 Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:19 am
Masterfull job of substitution to keep our team fresh as possible for the next game by Coach Richey and staff. Lots of guys sharing minutes and contributing. Thats a true team win/effort.
FU69 liked this

Recent Topics

Default Avatar 2025 Hoops Recruiting

by tya1

Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:44 pm

Default Avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FurmAlum

Thu Sep 19, 2024 8:40 pm

Default Avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by gofurman

Thu Sep 19, 2024 6:09 pm

Default Avatar Score guess for Furman vs Stetson

by gofurman

Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:51 pm

User avatar Roster Addition

by cavedweller2

Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:10 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.