• Point Guard

#67903  by Fuonetime
 Mon Mar 06, 2023 9:02 am
We all agree JP has been phenomenal at point guard. His development this season has been remarkable. CBR had been telling us about his potential and he has been absolutely right. I do have a question about our number 2 point guard.Carter has been good at times but still looks out of control sometimes when he pushes the ball up the court. To be more effective he needs to improve his shot. All this makes me wonder if Joe should get some minutes at point guard. Last season he proved he could hit an open shot. I am not sure how much separation there is between the 2 but to continue to advance we need good back up minutes from point guard as well as all positions.
Jasper, Davemeister, FU Hoopla and 1 others liked this
 #67909  by Paladin91
 Mon Mar 06, 2023 9:36 am
Fuonetime wrote:
We all agree JP has been phenomenal at point guard. His development this season has been remarkable. CBR had been telling us about his potential and he has been absolutely right. I do have a question about our number 2 point guard.Carter has been good at times but still looks out of control sometimes when he pushes the ball up the court. To be more effective he needs to improve his shot. All this makes me wonder if Joe should get some minutes at point guard. Last season he proved he could hit an open shot. I am not sure how much separation there is between the 2 but to continue to advance we need good back up minutes from point guard as well as all positions.
I believe we have 1 or 2 Freshmen guards coming in next year. Not sure how game ready they will be. I think we'll be OK with either Whitt or Anderson as the back up. I imagine Whitt may slip into the #2 guard position, but he'll need to work on his shot.
 #67913  by purplehorse123
 Mon Mar 06, 2023 9:54 am
Fuonetime wrote:
I have wondered about this over the last month. Carter Whitt vs Joe Anderson. Warming up this weekend in both games Whitt seems to like the 3 at the dead top of the key yet he rarely shoots from here in games. Yesterday his only shot was several feet from top of key.

CBR was only comfortable with Pegues off of the floor yesterday for 4 minutes.Whitt played 7. Fortunately he is not foul prone.

Recent Topics

User avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by cavedweller2

Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:42 am

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:44 am

User avatar Countdown to Tip-Off

by FU Hoopla

Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:52 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:37 am

Default Avatar 2025 Hoops Recruiting

by tya1

Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:44 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.