• Inside Furman Athletics - Bob Richey, Jason Donnelly (March 1st 2023)

#67537  by FU Hoopla
 Thu Mar 02, 2023 4:34 pm
Roundball wrote:
Thu Mar 02, 2023 4:15 pm
FU Hoopla wrote:
Thu Mar 02, 2023 3:55 pm
Our smallest crowd all season was about 1,500 against High Point, so even at 3,000 seats a crowd of 1,500 would feel fine.

If you go by what JD says it seems they are still trying to figure it out, otherwise he would have given a specific number.
We need 3,000 in the bowl, with luxury style boxes above the bowl.
That would be nice, but they would need to raise the roof level to do that, and that is not happening. It sounds like the renovations will be made within the present confines of the arena, which I assume means no walls knocked out and the roof not being raised. Otherwise, we would need to double the amount already raised.
Raise the roof for 3,000? No way

Nothing like that specifically has ever been said so why say that? Do you have proof of this or is that just an assumption?
 #67544  by Roundball
 Thu Mar 02, 2023 5:22 pm
FU Hoopla wrote:
Roundball wrote:
FU Hoopla wrote:
Our smallest crowd all season was about 1,500 against High Point, so even at 3,000 seats a crowd of 1,500 would feel fine.

If you go by what JD says it seems they are still trying to figure it out, otherwise he would have given a specific number.
That would be nice, but they would need to raise the roof level to do that, and that is not happening. It sounds like the renovations will be made within the present confines of the arena, which I assume means no walls knocked out and the roof not being raised. Otherwise, we would need to double the amount already raised.

Nothing like that specifically has ever been said so why say that? Do you have proof of this or is that just an assumption?
Hoopla, I have no proof of anything, except what JD has said. Based on his comments so far, seating capacity will be about the same as it is now, which is 2,500. The only logical way to put in box seating is to put them where the upper seating is now, but I don’t know that for sure. I also wonder if the court and seating can be turned completely different than we have now. The good news is that we will all know sometime this year. There is no reason for any of us to complain about seating capacity. JD and the administration will do the right thing with what we have to work with.
 #67545  by FU Hoopla
 Thu Mar 02, 2023 5:44 pm
Roundball wrote:
Thu Mar 02, 2023 5:22 pm
FU Hoopla wrote:
Roundball wrote:
FU Hoopla wrote:

Hoopla, I have no proof of anything, except what JD has said. Based on his comments so far, seating capacity will be about the same as it is now, which is 2,500. The only logical way to put in box seating is to put them where the upper seating is now, but I don’t know that for sure. I also wonder if the court and seating can be turned completely different than we have now. The good news is that we will all know sometime this year. There is no reason for any of us to complain about seating capacity. JD and the administration will do the right thing with what we have to work with.

The interior of building will be gutted and the court will be moved from where it currently sits, that has been stated.
3,000 is still roughly similar to 2,500 in size when talking about circular bowl seating so most likely that will still easily fit.
 #67546  by FUBeAR
 Thu Mar 02, 2023 5:49 pm
Don't have to raise the roof. Get out the shovels and pails...and go down.

Here's one plan to expand Hoops seating by about 40% by going 4.5 feet deeper than it was.

https://www.pilotonline.com/government/ ... 5777b.html

...and they released the Kraken in Seattle by dropping the floor 15 feet!

https://www.constructiondive.com/news/c ... on/607484/
furpop16 liked this
 #67551  by FU Hoopla
 Thu Mar 02, 2023 6:12 pm
FUBeAR wrote:
Thu Mar 02, 2023 5:49 pm
Don't have to raise the roof. Get out the shovels and pails...and go down.

Here's one plan to expand Hoops seating by about 40% by going 4.5 feet deeper than it was.

https://www.pilotonline.com/government/ ... 5777b.html

...and they released the Kraken in Seattle by dropping the floor 15 feet!

https://www.constructiondive.com/news/c ... on/607484/
FUBeAR, furpop16 liked this
 #67735  by FU Hoopla
 Sat Mar 04, 2023 11:40 pm
FU Hoopla wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2023 1:47 pm
Never been a better time to be an FU Basketball fan, as big as college basketball has become in this day an age its awesome to see us capitalizing on success to build something even bigger and better with each passing season!
apaladin, dornb liked this

Recent Topics

User avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:46 am

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:44 am

User avatar Countdown to Tip-Off

by FU Hoopla

Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:52 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:37 am

Default Avatar 2025 Hoops Recruiting

by tya1

Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:44 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.