• Furman vs. ODU Nov. 18th 2:30pm

#60568  by Furmanoid
 Sat Nov 19, 2022 11:16 am
I guess I was overly optimistic. I was hoping we could put together a resume that would get us a bid even if we hosed up the SoCon tournament again. We’ll just have to win it.

Against Belmont we only occasionally lapsed into standing around on the arc passing it back and forth. So I was hoping that was being phased out. Wrong, that’s our offense.I guess moving without the ball is just another outdated boomer concept.

We’ll still get 25 w’s or so.
 #60570  by Sad Din
 Sat Nov 19, 2022 11:32 am
Jasper wrote:
Fri Nov 18, 2022 7:01 pm
Some of you need to stop this pathetic whining and childish negativism. Losing a couple of games to good teams may be the best thing that happened to this team. They have one goal and only one. Win the tournament in Asheville in 2023 and go to the NCAA championship tourney. THATS IT! This Charleston event in November doesn’t mean shit. Right now this team is not good enough to do that but that does not mean they won’t be when it really counts. They lost two key players from last year and it takes some time to adjust to that. They absolutely need to pick up the defensive intensity for starters. There was a ton of open shots allowed to the teams that beat us in the first 2 games. Get in their friggin jocks and watch the 70% shooting disappear. They need to stop reading and listening to the fans and media about how good they are and challenge the other guys from the time they get off the friggin bus. We’ve got 10 or so very usable players. Mix and match the rotation till we get the right combine. Let the coaching staff do that job. This is a highly potential team that just played against better competition than they are going to see in the SoCon. Make the necessary adjustments to beat teams of this caliber and the SoCon will be a walk in the park. Get real and lower your expectations to realizable goals and root these young guys on instead of this childish bullshit and finger pointing. Let them and the coaching staff take the necessary steps. IMO, finishing in the bottom of the Charleston Classic may just be the catalyst to a friggin NCAA bid. These kids had the balls to come back in two losses in which they shot poorly. Show the same toughness and put the crying towels away. Now let’s watch the Dins beat the snot out of Wofford tomorrow and man up.
Look...here is the deal IMHO. This isnt rec league. U dont get a trophy for participating.

Win a few games and fans will say Dins will win Natty. Lose a few games and same fans will say Dins stink. Thats just the way it is. When u follow a Team and it pains one to lose thats what you get.

Recent Topics

User avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:32 am

User avatar Notes from all around

by FurmanATT

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:26 am

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:44 am

User avatar Countdown to Tip-Off

by FU Hoopla

Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:52 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:37 am

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.