• Media and Coaches preseason picks

#58797  by furpop16
 Thu Oct 27, 2022 5:05 pm
FU Hoopla wrote:
Thu Oct 27, 2022 3:10 pm
Featuring Bob Richey at 39min. mark:

I'm really excited about the development of the freshman, Ben VanderWal. Elsewhere in the recent interview with Dan & JD, Coach was careful not to set expectations too high, but he did drop the name "Matt Rafferty" when discussing VanderWal's potential. In this interview, Coach says
he's probably been the surprise of of camp to be honest with you…he's the number 10 rated player in Illinois, which typically the number 10 rated player in Illinois, is a high-major kid, but a little bit of a late bloomer … going into his senior year and you know we really connected, from the jump and just the values of our program, … the academic component of the university, the skill and the concepts, the kind of the smart skill, tough type mentality, he's definitely check, check, check.

Reminds me of what I hear the CIA looks for in their recruits: "PhDs who can win a bar fight."
FU Hoopla liked this
 #58820  by Flagman
 Thu Oct 27, 2022 11:26 pm
Samford has four on the all conference team.

Recent Topics

User avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:32 am

User avatar Notes from all around

by FurmanATT

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:26 am

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:44 am

User avatar Countdown to Tip-Off

by FU Hoopla

Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:52 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:37 am

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.