• Coach Richey/Ask The AD Session

#58739  by Davemeister
 Thu Oct 27, 2022 10:06 am
I wonder how many more lights it will take to make a difference. Even with the portable lighting brought in, ESPN's broadcast of NGU looked like a high-school game. Can't expect it to look like an SEC stadium because that hardware is expensive.
 #58744  by apaladin
 Thu Oct 27, 2022 11:36 am
Doubt we will see any lighting improvement as we rarely have a night game. The sound system is really bad. Could be because it is so far from the stands. Putting the scoreboard/video board where it is was a baid decision. It should be 10-20 yards from the end zone.
 #58752  by Davemeister
 Thu Oct 27, 2022 2:03 pm
JD remarked there was considerable interest in Night-time Football, especially in the early season. Hence the desire to improve lighting.

Don't care much for Furman night games myself. They remind me all too well of the Saturday evenings I spent as a youth at Sirrine Stadium, watching the Paladins get their Purple butts beat. When Dick Sheridan became HC he did away with night games at Home. Therefore I associate Daytime Football with Winning Football.
 #58753  by FU Hoopla
 Thu Oct 27, 2022 2:05 pm
Roundball wrote:
Tue Oct 25, 2022 3:47 pm

Interesting to hear Richey and JD talk about size of Greenville TV market continuing to grow and how that could interest larger basketball leagues down the road

Also great to hear that the Timmons revamp project is getting closer

Wonder who the billionaire banker Richey had lunch with was?
 #58756  by FU Hoopla
 Thu Oct 27, 2022 2:12 pm
Also JD states the most important thing for FU athletics right now is being in a multi-bid NCAA tourney league

Recent Topics

User avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:32 am

User avatar Notes from all around

by FurmanATT

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:26 am

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:44 am

User avatar Countdown to Tip-Off

by FU Hoopla

Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:52 am

User avatar 2024-25 OOC Schedule

by apaladin

Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:37 am

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.