• Basketball Classic

#52135  by FUBeAR
 Fri Mar 18, 2022 11:12 am
Roundball wrote:
Fri Mar 18, 2022 10:30 am
I am so glad we did not get involved with this mess.
From the Woffy press release…

“Men’s Basketball Withdraws From The Basketball Classic
…The Terriers were slated to host a second-round matchup in Spartanburg on Friday, March 18, at the Jerry Richardson Indoor Stadium and had also attempted to play the game on Saturday, March 19. Due to a variety of logistical factors, including last-minute travel issues with potential opponents, a match-up was not able to be finalized by the organizers.”

Dunno…that kinda reads like a current White House press statement to FUBeAR…. “We quit, but it’s everyone else’s fault.” - They blamed multiple potential opponents & the “organizers,” but then said (in the headline) that they quit.

Quitting is a habit…and it seems to have become the new default MO of Woffraud Tearyer Athletics
Last edited by FUBeAR on Fri Mar 18, 2022 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Davemeister and 1 others liked this
 #52136  by Roundball
 Fri Mar 18, 2022 11:15 am
Wofford didn’t quit. That tournament was a mess. Wofford had no opponent. Here is another tweet.
 #52138  by FUBeAR
 Fri Mar 18, 2022 11:18 am
Roundball wrote:
Fri Mar 18, 2022 11:15 am
Wofford didn’t quit. That tournament was a mess. Wofford had no opponent. Here is another tweet.
The tournament may have been a mess, but Woffraud, again, just like they did in Spring 2021 Football, most definitely, QUIT…with flowery, finger-pointing excuses.
 #52142  by DungeonRealm
 Fri Mar 18, 2022 11:55 am
The truth is simple, Wofford did not want to play USC-Upstate, that's why they quit
FUBeAR liked this
 #52143  by DungeonRealm
 Fri Mar 18, 2022 11:57 am
My sources from sparkleburg tell me that there was bickering from the onset between Wofford admin and tourney organizers about Wofford not wanting to play USC-Upstate which is only 4 miles from Wofford, that's ultimately why Wofford quit the tournament without playing a single game
FUBeAR liked this