• NIT 2022

#51881  by Sad Din
 Mon Mar 14, 2022 8:13 pm
according to the article in 2020 they are selected for a 4 year term. ha! Odom and Purnell... FU haters and UNC C AD - probably not too far from that group. And a guy from Boston and Princeton - blue bloods ... what do they know

In addition to Nevarez, Montgomery and Baker, the 2020 NIT Committee members are:
Dave Odom – Former men’s basketball head coach at East Carolina, Wake Forest and South Carolina.
Oliver Purnell – Former men’s basketball head coach at Radford, Old Dominion, Dayton, Clemson and DePaul.
Judy Rose – Former director of athletics and women’s basketball head coach at Charlotte and the first woman to serve as a member of the NCAA Division I men’s basketball committee.
Gary Walters – Former director of athletics at Princeton and former men’s basketball head coach at Middlebury, Union (New York), Dartmouth and Providence. Walters served as a member of the NCAA Division I Men’s Basketball Committee from 2002-07 and chaired the committee in 2006-07.
Vaughn Williams – Senior associate director of athletics at Boston College.

If this were fair there would be a rep from all conferences. Instead, one ACC rep, one SEC rep, Ivy Leaguer, and the rest
Affirm liked this
 #51882  by DungeonRealm
 Mon Mar 14, 2022 8:22 pm
Sad Din wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 8:13 pm
according to the article in 2020 they are selected for a 4 year term. ha! Odom and Purnell... FU haters and UNC C AD - probably not too far from that group. And a guy from Boston and Princeton - blue bloods ... what do they know

In addition to Nevarez, Montgomery and Baker, the 2020 NIT Committee members are:
Dave Odom – Former men’s basketball head coach at East Carolina, Wake Forest and South Carolina.
Oliver Purnell – Former men’s basketball head coach at Radford, Old Dominion, Dayton, Clemson and DePaul.
Judy Rose – Former director of athletics and women’s basketball head coach at Charlotte and the first woman to serve as a member of the NCAA Division I men’s basketball committee.
Gary Walters – Former director of athletics at Princeton and former men’s basketball head coach at Middlebury, Union (New York), Dartmouth and Providence. Walters served as a member of the NCAA Division I Men’s Basketball Committee from 2002-07 and chaired the committee in 2006-07.
Vaughn Williams – Senior associate director of athletics at Boston College.

If this were fair there would be a rep from all conferences. Instead, one ACC rep, one SEC rep, Ivy Leaguer, and the rest
Affirm liked this