• Furman vs. Samford March 6th (6:30pm Asheville, NC)(Semifinals)

#51173  by tya1
 Sun Mar 06, 2022 9:49 pm
Defensive effort and guts won this one. For the season they hit 33.3% of their threes. Today they hit 50%. Marshall and Campbell who usually make 34% of their threes and hit three per game combined for six on 67% shooting.. As a team they hit 44.3% of all shots. Today they hit 55%. The Paladins normally hit over 38% from three point range - only 28% today. But we had 15 steals and forced 20 turnovers.
 #51175  by Flagman
 Sun Mar 06, 2022 10:26 pm
gopaladins wrote:
Sun Mar 06, 2022 8:57 pm
In which section should we order our tickets?
Just get the GA tickets. The entire upper seats are GA. The reserved seats downstairs at court level may be limited, plus they are pricey. Furman has had the biggest fan base in each of our games, bur Chatty has a pretty good following there. We'll need everyone there.
 #51202  by stonemd
 Mon Mar 07, 2022 10:34 am
Another great meet up! Nice to put a face to the screen names! I think we will skip it tonight unless I get a lot of requests for a repeat.

Sitting next to the Furman band last night I knew Glover was injured but didn’t know the unfortunate extent. Glad the refs weren’t whistle happy in the last 2 minutes as that and Samfords last shot could have been called by some socon refs.

If you read this board you should 100% be there tonight.
 #51205  by apaladin
 Mon Mar 07, 2022 10:55 am
stonemd wrote:
Mon Mar 07, 2022 10:34 am
Another great meet up! Nice to put a face to the screen names! I think we will skip it tonight unless I get a lot of requests for a repeat.

Sitting next to the Furman band last night I knew Glover was injured but didn’t know the unfortunate extent. Glad the refs weren’t whistle happy in the last 2 minutes as that and Samfords last shot could have been called by some socon refs.

If you read this board you should 100% be there tonight.
It was real classy of Furman players, Slawson, Bothwell etc go to Glover after the game. Watched the replay and on the Slawson/Glover collision when Glover hit the floor you could read his lips “it’s broke” pointing to his nose. As for the last Samford shot the call was an illegal shot which was correct. You can’t shoot the ball over the backboard. Surprisingly good call.
Davemeister, dornb, FU69 liked this