• Tournament/Covid

#50779  by NEPA
 Sat Feb 26, 2022 7:14 am
Anyone aware of covid guidelines for Harrahs Cherokee Center, such as proof of vaccine and mask mandates? I have never been there, is there ample parking? Thanks
 #50780  by Roundball
 Sat Feb 26, 2022 7:53 am
The last time I checked fans have to have proof of vaccine or proof of a negative covid test dated within 72 hours of the event. Of course, that may have changed again. It is difficult to find the exact policy on their website. Parking is difficult, but there are lots available within a few blocks that you will be directed to. I think it was at least $10.00 last year. Sunday is easier, as you can find free parking on the streets if you are patient.

Update. After checking again, it looks like the “Entry Policy” has been changed from the above requirements to N/A. To be safe, I am going to call the center to verify the policy.
 #50784  by tim
 Sat Feb 26, 2022 10:49 am
In the past, I have always parked in the rear of the Asheville Chamber of Commerce on Montford. It is free and about a mile walk to the center. Very close to the civic center exit on the interstate.
Roundball liked this
 #50785  by apaladin
 Sat Feb 26, 2022 11:06 am
They have a parking garage is that an option? Parking is a problem since thieves are encouraged to break into cars because of no ploice presence or response. Do not leave anything of value in your car.
 #50788  by apaladin
 Sat Feb 26, 2022 11:47 am
There are no entry requirements as it should be. No proof of vaccination, no mask mandate etc.
 #50789  by tim
 Sat Feb 26, 2022 12:11 pm
The parking garage is a great option but I usually find it full.
 #50809  by JohnKX512
 Sat Feb 26, 2022 2:46 pm
Parking is easy. You will figure it out

No requirements or mandates last week when I was in Asheville. I also heard on the radio that they are doing “full capacity” for the tournament.

I’ll wear a mask when in the concourse or group, but feel confident that there will be some distancing around my seat even at “full capacity” same as the precovid years I have been to the tourny
 #50812  by JohnKX512
 Sat Feb 26, 2022 2:50 pm
apaladin wrote:
Sat Feb 26, 2022 11:06 am
They have a parking garage is that an option? Parking is a problem since thieves are encouraged to break into cars because of no ploice presence or response. Do not leave anything of value in your car.

You are scared of a big ole city like Asheville breaking into your car? If anyone has their car broken into next week PM me and I will pay for… your stolen umbrella and change?
PaladinPower, Roundball liked this
 #50818  by cavedweller2
 Sat Feb 26, 2022 3:15 pm
Not worried about a car break in. I have a Trunk Monkey

Paladin82, QCGlue, underjack and 1 others liked this
 #50825  by Roundball
 Sat Feb 26, 2022 3:49 pm
Confirmation from the marketing coordinator at Harrah's. "There are no COVID-19 entry policies in effect for that event all week."

Recent Topics

Default Avatar TV

by Afurmanfan

Fri Sep 20, 2024 8:36 pm

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by AllTimeFU

Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:28 pm

Default Avatar Other teams on schedule - upcoming scouting

by gofurman

Fri Sep 20, 2024 6:05 pm

Default Avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by gofurman

Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:22 pm

User avatar Notes from all around

by FurmanATT

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:26 am

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.