• Furman @ Wofford Sat Jan 22

#49372  by apaladin
 Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:51 pm
Sad Din wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:15 am
All good but the only important ranking at the moment is a W vs VMI, winnning the SoCon and Tourney
If we can stay where we are now, in the top 80 and really the top 90 we could be in line for an NIT bid.
 #49376  by FUBeAR
 Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:42 am
apaladin wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:09 am
Team rankings this morning has FU as the #90 team, Projected finish at 22-9 and SoCon 14-4. They have FU with a 34% chance of making the tournament and if they do they are projected as a 12 seed.
 #49389  by MNORM
 Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:16 pm
purplehorse wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:28 pm
The Wofford game was what we can do on a given night. It 100 % starts with defensive intensity.

The good news is we have multiple folks who on a given night can knock down the 3 with the emergence of Pegues and Foster and Anderson. Thus when Hunter and Bothwell and Garrison are off, others might step up.

CBR says SLAW is a 40 % 3 point shooter and I agree. He needs to shoot a few more 3’s IMHO. That would also help open up his drives.

We can be a really good and dangerous team. The emergence of other players I think will help us grow in our CONSISTENCY and cut down on any offensive lulls.

Wofford really struggled on offense against our defensive intensity.
Agreed.
Sometimes when getting the ball outside the 3pt arc Slaw will throw a pump fake at his defender, despite the defender playing 5-6+ feet off the ball (this tends to happen after he misses a 3 pointer or two). The defender will not flinch and he will proceed to dribble right at the defender and into traffic (as a former bball player I see the benefit in elements of this...and there's a reason Slaw leads the team in assists as this creates double teams and kick-outs). I'm only bringing this up because, IMHO, I see a benefit in Slaw shooting this open 3 a few more times a game, if for nothing else (as purplehorse alluded to), it will force Slaw's man to play him tighter and allow for him to drive to the basket more freely...which we all know usually results in a positive outcome.
FurmAlum liked this
 #49400  by FurmAlum
 Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:07 pm
Slaw is a very unselfish player as evidenced by his performances in the Western and Wofford games. Would like to see him shoot a few more 3's too.
 #49401  by furpop16
 Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:16 pm
FurmAlum wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:07 pm
Slaw is a very unselfish player as evidenced by his performances in the Western and Wofford games.

#1 in the country in Assists, they're ALL unselfish. God bless 'em.
FU69 liked this

Recent Topics

User avatar Missing Players

by AllTimeFU

Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:32 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

User avatar TV

by Louis Tully

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:39 pm

Default Avatar Furman upsets Virginia (Greatest Game Of All Time)

by FurmanFan23

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:22 pm

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by Louis Tully

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:22 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.