• Tough Loss

#49143  by fu77fan
 Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:39 pm
A tough loss for sure. We could have easily won . You might say we should have won.
While disappointed, I saw more positives than negatives. I like this team . I think we will get better.
I think there is too much negativity after a tough loss. UTC is a tough team . It is hard to win on the road . We only lost by two points.

Go Dins
underjack, dornb, FurmanATT and 1 others liked this
 #49144  by apaladin
 Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:00 pm
Agree, tough loss. I love this team too and they are good enough to be frustrating when things don’t fall our way. We all focus on FU because thats who we are. If you pay attention to college basketball it happens every day. Today #1 Baylor lost their second staight home game this week. That has never happened before. Top 20 UT got beat by almost 30 points today. Alabama lost to Miss. St., the team FU should have beat and will fall out of the top 25 now, Northwestern beat #10 Mich. St at MSU. It happens multiple times a day when the supposed better team doesn’t win. The fact is teams play different every game. UTC looked awful Wednesday but not today. It is really frustrating when you let a game slip away, like today that you probably should have won. Knowng it will come back to haunt you down the line when you are fighting for a championship. Then again it happens to everyone. Just don’t let this disheartening loss beat you the next game. Move on focus on what is ahead of you.
underjack, furpop16, FurmAlum and 4 others liked this
 #49175  by purplehorse
 Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:07 am
Truthfully the only game we were not in was UNC in second half.

We easily could have beaten Winthrop, Miss State, Belmont, UTC and VMI. Probably should have beaten UTC, Miss State and Belmont. Could have beaten Navy but we just played poorly.

And against UNC we were tied at half.

My point is we aren’t far off from being really good. Just need more CONSISTENCY.
underjack, din23 liked this
 #49177  by apaladin
 Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:38 am
So close yet so far from Paradise. If we just close the Miss. St, Belmont, UTC and Winthrop games we would be 16-3 and 5-1 in the SoCon in first place. In that case we would in the midst of an outstanding season and ranked in the top 50. Redo the lackluster Navy and VMi games and we are 18-1. Oh what could have been! Winthrop has turned out to be the worst loss of the year, they just aren’t very good. To be honest there are a couple of games we should have lost in High Point and Charleston. It is what is. Nothing we can do about spilt milk. Keeping looking forward and on to WCU. Let’s get by WCU(hopefully)and then comes the annual loss at WC Saturday which I am dreading bigtime. After that try to finish strong and end up in the top 3-4.
 #49189  by tim
 Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:50 pm
Furman has a tough game at Woffy, a tough game at Mercer and a tough game at Timmons with Chatt. I think Chatt will lose several more if they don't get Baptiste (sp) back but if not, we should have the tie breaker over Chatt if we beat them, since they lost to WCU. We have beat Mercer so if we can beat them in Macon, we have that tie breaker. I think it will come down to Furman and Mercer. Beat Woffy, Chatt and Mercer and hold serve in the rest we are ok. Go into the tourney with NIT autobid sewed up. Doable.
furpop16, apaladin, underjack and 2 others liked this
 #49250  by Flagman
 Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:02 pm
Davemeister wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:13 am
Since WCU beat UT-C, I don't think we should look past tonight.
We didn't!
Davemeister liked this

Recent Topics

User avatar Missing Players

by AllTimeFU

Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:32 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

User avatar TV

by Louis Tully

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:39 pm

Default Avatar Furman upsets Virginia (Greatest Game Of All Time)

by FurmanFan23

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:22 pm

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by Louis Tully

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:22 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.