• Could be a Wild Year in the Conference!

#49033  by purplehorse
 Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:30 pm
Mercer beat VMI by 6 after Mercer was up by 18 at half.

Citadel had 7 points in first 10 mins of game against UNCG tonight and they were down 33-18 at half. They scored 56 points in second half to beat UNCG by 5.

CRAZY after Western beat UTC last night.

I don’t see a dominant team in the conference at this point. Maybe as much parity as ever.
 #49034  by DungeonRealm
 Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:34 pm
purplehorse wrote:

Citadel had 7 points in first 10 mins of game against UNCG tonight and they were down 33-18 at half. They scored 56 points in second half to beat UNCG by 5.

I don’t see a dominant team in the conference at this point. Maybe as much parity as ever.

Would be great to see a dominant team after Saturday, 'if' Furman goes up to UTC and pulls out a W we will be rolling
FU69 liked this
 #49049  by tya1
 Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:07 pm
DungeonRealm wrote:
purplehorse wrote:

Would be great to see a dominant team after Saturday, 'if' Furman goes up to UTC and pulls out a W we will be rolling
The Citadel shot 1-14 from three point range in the first half and trailed by 15. They kept playing hard and shot 8-15 from range in the second half. UNCG is normally not a great three point shooting team but hit 41 % last night. They lead by double digits for almost half the game. They are the best rebounding team in the conference but were out rebounded last night. I think the Citadel just out hustled them yesterday.
 #49051  by purplehorse
 Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:58 pm
There may be more parity in the conference from top to bottom than ever before. You literally do have to show up every night and about anyone can beat anyone on a given night.

I would favor that the conference at the top maybe isn’t as strong this year, but that is just an opinion. Others may disagree.

Should be an interesting season.
apaladin liked this
 #49052  by FurmAlum
 Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:14 pm
Yes. And any road win is going to be difficult no matter who you're playing as VMI, UNCG, and UTC fund out Wed. night. Even home games are not given...against anybody.

Coach pretty much said the same thing the other night on his post-game comments. You have to show up ready to play every night or you will get beat. Even if you do show up you might get beat anyway.

A win at UTC would be huge. But it's gonna be tough.
apaladin, Affirm liked this

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Missing Players

by paladinfan41

Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:02 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

User avatar TV

by Louis Tully

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:39 pm

Default Avatar Furman upsets Virginia (Greatest Game Of All Time)

by FurmanFan23

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:22 pm

User avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by Louis Tully

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:22 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.