• Remaining Top Tier Games

#36432  by Sad Din
 Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:28 pm
FU vs UNCG
Wof Vs ETSU
FU vs Wof
UNCG vs ETSU

Assuming they hold serve with the other games... any team that basically win 2 of those games and u win the SoCon reg season

Look out for Chatty, they might play the spoiler
 #36460  by Furmanoid
 Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:46 am
Sad Din wrote:
FU vs UNCG
Wof Vs ETSU
FU vs Wof
UNCG vs ETSU

Assuming they hold serve with the other games... any team that basically win 2 of those games and u win the SoCon reg season

I think we’re in decent shape. We should easily beat Wofford. That loss was just silly and I doubt it will be repeated.

As for UNCG, how did that team have such a long winning streak? We didn’t even play well and we killed them?
 #36465  by MidlandsPaladin
 Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:46 am
Furmanoid wrote:
Sad Din wrote:
FU vs UNCG
Wof Vs ETSU
FU vs Wof
UNCG vs ETSU

I think we’re in decent shape. We should easily beat Wofford. That loss was just silly and I doubt it will be repeated.

As for UNCG, how did that team have such a long winning streak? We didn’t even play well and we killed them?
We won't beat Wofford until we act like we want to beat Wofford and believe we can beat Wofford. It is all mental at this point and has nothing to do with ability. I'll repeat this in a few weeks when we meet on the gridiron, too.
bj93 liked this
 #36467  by Furmanoid
 Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:03 pm
MidlandsPaladin wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:46 am
Furmanoid wrote:
Sad Din wrote:
FU vs UNCG
Wof Vs ETSU
FU vs Wof
UNCG vs ETSU

We won't beat Wofford until we act like we want to beat Wofford and believe we can beat Wofford. I'll repeat this in a few weeks when we meet on the gridiron, too.
I get what you are saying but if we can’t split with Wofford we just aren’t a very good team, and attitude adjustments probably won’t help much. We should be able to beat them once even with crappy attitudes if we are who we thought we were.

I’d like to think this last game showed we had got our act together, but it kinda looked more like somebody put Quaaludes in UNCG’s Gatorade. We really didn’t play all that great.
 #36468  by apaladin
 Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:23 pm
Agree Furmanoid, doubt anyone will win a game shooting 29%. After watching WC play well for only 10 minutes Saturday and that be enough to beat us I will be shocked to see us win over there, a place we’ve never won IIRC.
 #36607  by Sad Din
 Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:41 pm
Sad Din wrote:
FU vs UNCG
Wof Vs ETSU
FU vs Wof
UNCG vs ETSU

FU vs UNCG... result L FU 4 losses UNCG 3
Wof Vs ETSU .... thanks to other teams, both have 4 losses. Loser will have 5 losses
FU vs Wof.... FU wins.... FU 4 losses Wof 5 or 6
UNCG vs ETSU ETSU wins... UNCG with 4L ETSU with 4 of 5 L

Best possible case... FU tied with UNCG with 4 L
2nd case ... FU tied with 3 teams with 4L
Worst case... FU losses to Woffy, will be out of it with 5L

This assumes of course that all other games are wins which is not guaranteed by any means for any team. Chat still has a game with ETSU and UNCG and these could be huge
 #36620  by apaladin
 Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:00 pm
If all of that pans out, which it prolly won’t FU will only be tied with whoever in the loss column but will lose all tirbreakers because they will have fewer wins(games) than any of the others if no other games get cancelled. Just try to get better before the tourney and hope we don’t get matched up with WC and someone else beats them before we have to play them.
 #36627  by stonemd
 Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:08 am
If we don’t make up games we need UNCG to lose 2 (@ETSU and ? UTC, WCU, @WCU, @VMI, @Mercer)

Let Wofford lose to us and

ETSU can lose at home to Wofford or on the road to UTC

Tie breakers if ETSU beats UNCG at home they have the only sweep of the top 4 (assuming they beat WC at home). Other tiebreakers are not worth discussing yet.

Of course FU needs to win out

Recent Topics

Default Avatar Missing Players

by gofurman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:26 am

User avatar TV

by apaladin

Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:08 am

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:54 pm

User avatar Former Trump Cabinet Member Gone Without A Trace?

by FUBeAR

Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:53 pm

User avatar 2025 Recruiting

by FUwolfpacker

Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:45 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.