• 2018-19 Schedule UPDATED

#3093  by apaladin
 Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:51 am
So we won't have to go thru all the posts in the other thread. Here's what we have so far.
11/6 Bob Jones
11/9 @ Loyola-Chicago
11/13 Gardner-Webb
11/17 @ Villanova
12/8 @ SC Upstate
12/15 UNCWilmington
12/21 @LSU

Likely but not confirmed UNCA, 1 or 2 more non D1
Last edited by apaladin on Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #3099  by furpep
 Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:07 pm
The Furman basketball schedule is like trying to figure out "Where's Waldo." It's out there somewhere, just gotta find it for ourselves from other teams sites. I mean, is this some major secret or can't we find opponents??
FU69 liked this
 #3100  by Flagman
 Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:16 pm
We haven’t played the first football game and you’re worried about basketball over two months away? When it’s released we’ll all know. Time to concentrate on beating Climpson.
FUKA61, dornb liked this
 #3101  by furpop16
 Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:56 pm
Flagman wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:16 pm
We haven’t played the first football game and you’re worried about basketball over two months away?
Every day's delay is one less day we have to gripe about the OOC schedule.

Sorry, that was just too easy to pass up. In fairness, this year's OOC schedule seems to be going over rather well with the gang. I'm chalking-up the impatience to eager anticipation.
 #3102  by apaladin
 Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:24 pm
furpep wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:07 pm
The Furman basketball schedule is like trying to figure out "Where's Waldo." It's out there somewhere, just gotta find it for ourselves from other teams sites. I mean, is this some major secret or can't we find opponents??
I heard thru the grapevine CBR was trying to finalize the last game 3 weeks ago. Since it has been 3 weeks and the schedule has still not been released I guess we can assume that one fell thru and now are trying to find a late replacement which at this point prolly means another non D-1 team. Just speculating.
Last edited by apaladin on Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
 #3103  by cavedweller2
 Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:36 pm
apaladin wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:51 am
So we won't have to go thru all the posts in the other thread. Here's what we have so far.
11/6 Bob Jones
11/9 @ Loyola-Chicago
11/13 Gardner-Webb
11/17 @ Villanova
12/15 UNCWilmington
12/21 @LSU

Likely but not confirmed UNCA, 1 or 2 more non D1
I dont see an issue with this OOC schedule. Most teams play 1 or 2 cupcakes. We are playing 3 nationally recognized schools including last year's NCAA Champion and another school from the final 4 plus two regional teams that are not pushovers. How many other teams in the country are playing 2 of the 4 final 4 participants from last year?
 #3105  by tya1
 Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:09 pm
Why do we need two threads for this topic?

On the other one apaladin said we were playing USC-Upstate on Dec. 8. I think we have a return game at Elon, don't know the date. UNC-Asheville, no date confirmed.

I mentioned on the other thread that 151 teams have not announced a schedule yet. That is over 43%. It also means many teams that might also be looking for another game of two.
 #3106  by gman
 Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:04 pm
tya1 wrote:

On the other one apaladin said we were playing USC-Upstate on Dec. 8. I think we have a return game at Elon, don't know the date. UNC-Asheville, no date confirmed.

I mentioned on the other thread that 151 teams have not announced a schedule yet. That is over 43%. It also means many teams that might also be looking for another game of two.
apaladin likes to start new threads on a same subject for some reason. This one needs to be deleted.
Jasper liked this
 #3120  by GOAT
 Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:02 am
tya1 wrote:

Where do you go to find information like 151 teams have not announced a schedule yet? Does someone really keep up with that stat?
 #3383  by apaladin
 Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:17 pm
I think the schedule will be released this week, but then again maybe not. I guess this is the latest it's ever been. I am sure there is a reason. 2 months until the first game and still no schedule. :(
 #3399  by apaladin
 Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:29 am
Woffy has announced their schedule: Games include the home opener with UNC and visits to Stanford, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Kansas and Mississippi State. This is the type of schedule I would like to see FU have. Six games against Major teams. They have 1 ACC, 1Pac 12, 2 Big 12 and 2 SEC. Both of our games with them are on Saturday.
Affirm liked this
 #3453  by fufanatic
 Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:34 am
apaladin wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:29 am
Woffy has announced their schedule: Games include the home opener with UNC and visits to Stanford, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Kansas and Mississippi State. This is the type of schedule I would like to see FU have. Six games against Major teams. They have 1 ACC, 1Pac 12, 2 Big 12 and 2 SEC. Both of our games with them are on Saturday.
I never know how to feel about this as a mid-major fan. Ultimately, the conference tourney only matters, so you can go o-fer in the non-conference slate and it doesn't matter. But if you get smashed each game how much fun is that? On the other hand, you bring home a big paycheck and you might pull an upset along the way that gets you a few highlights on ESPN. I think I would like something more in the middle ... hosting one big school either at Timmons or downtown, and 3-4 road games at big schools. So not two like we have this year (three if you count Loyola Chicago) and not six like Wofford, but somewhere right in between.

Recent Topics

Default Avatar 2025 Hoops Recruiting

by tya1

Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:44 pm

Default Avatar Score Guess. Furman vs. William and Mary

by FurmAlum

Thu Sep 19, 2024 8:40 pm

Default Avatar Next opponent. Bill and Mary

by gofurman

Thu Sep 19, 2024 6:09 pm

Default Avatar Score guess for Furman vs Stetson

by gofurman

Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:51 pm

User avatar Roster Addition

by cavedweller2

Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:10 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.