• Success for a basketball Paladin

#27007  by Lawrenceville
 Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:06 pm
I haven't been hanging around here much lately, but you know, quarantine and all that.
I wanted to share that former Furman basketball player Anthony Thomas '02 coached the Woodward Academy boys' basketball team to the state championship. Seven footer Walker Kessler was named Georgia high school basketball player of the year. Interestingly the girls' coach at Woodward is also a Paladin, Kim Lawrence '04. (I work at Woodward as well.)
furpop16, AstroDin, din23 and 1 others liked this
 #27014  by tya1
 Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:14 pm
Kessler is going to North Carolina.

Will Richard would be a good signing. Could be tough if his recruiting profile gets brighter. His family has a tradition of going to Clemson. His father played football there. His mother went there. At least two siblings attended Clemson (one is a freshman this year, I think.)
 #27032  by Lawrenceville
 Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:19 pm
I didn't mention that Kessler was going to UNC because I'm a Duke fan. I was crushed when he signed. Anthony was going to tell me when the Duke coaches were coming. I'll try to keep an eye on Will Richard.

Recent Topics

Default Avatar FU VS W&M GAME THREAD

by The Jackal

Sat Sep 21, 2024 7:07 pm

User avatar What just happened?

by FU Hoopla

Sat Sep 21, 2024 6:49 pm

by Flagman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 6:39 pm

by Flagman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 6:38 pm

by Flagman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 6:38 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.