• 2020 recruit Joe Anderson

#25708  by tya1
 Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:24 pm
The former record holder was Lee Humphrey, who played on two Florida national championship teams. Humphrey set Florida records for most made three point shots in a season and a career. He set NCAA records for most made three pointers in the NCAA tournament (career) and most consecutive games with a made three.

Hope this a good omen for Anderson and Furman.
apaladin liked this
 #25712  by Paul C
 Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:58 pm
If he’s 145 I’m 180. And I’m not 180.

He looks about 6-0/170 or so.

Finalist for Mr Basketball In Tenn.
 #25723  by Monday
 Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:58 am
Could he be what Andrew Taylor wasn't, or was supposed to be? The day 1 super scorer that can bring this whole offense together. Has Richey been as excited about this guy as he was about Taylor?
 #25725  by DungeonRealm
 Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:04 am
Monday wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:58 am
Could he be what Andrew Taylor wasn't, or was supposed to be? The day 1 super scorer that can bring this whole offense together. Has Richey been as excited about this guy as he was about Taylor?
From what I can tell Anderson is much much quicker than Taylor and has played against much better competition than what Taylor faced in high school
 #25736  by Furmanoid
 Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:29 am
Anderson’s AAU team appears to be top flight. They claim to be #6 and his class is sending kids to SEC schools and such. So yes he has been playing with and against the best in the nation. He looks really good.
 #25740  by FUKA61
 Sun Feb 23, 2020 12:08 pm
We only lose Jordan and we had an open scholarship so I guess the two we signed early are it. Is this correct. Looks like we are getting two really good student athletes.
 #25742  by Paul C
 Sun Feb 23, 2020 12:32 pm
We have a third open spot for this class if we choose to use it. May not.

As you said, we only lose Jordan and have the two redshirts becoming eligible as well. We will be a much much deeper team next year.
FUKA61 liked this
 #26026  by tya1
 Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:47 pm
Anderson's Maryville HS won their district championship and Anderson was MVP in the district championship tourny with 29 points in the championship game. Today they beat Devin Sibley's old high school - Knovxille Karns - by 28 points to advance to the regional semi-finals on Tuesday.

Here is a story about Anderson beating the Maryville scoring record. He is on the left side of the photo. Lee Humphrey, who previously held the record, is on the right. Humphrey was listed at 6'2" when he played for Florida. Not much difference. The photo is from 2018.
LINK

From what I can tell Anderson is much much quicker than Andrew Taylor and has played against much better competition than what Taylor faced in high school.
I've checked out Taylor's games a couple of times since he became eligible. Marshall must be happy with what he contributes. He has started every game since gaining eligibility and averages about 9.5 ppg, 4.4 rebs., 2 steals, and 3 assists while playing over 31 minutes a game. He is hitting about the same percentage from three point range as Lyons and Hunter. His turnover rate would be a little high for a Paladin point guard. Marshall was 3-6 before he joined the team. They are 11-9 since then. He looks pretty athletic when I have watched. I don't know what the situation was here, but he looks like a good D1 guard from what i've seen.
 #26028  by DungeonRealm
 Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:58 pm
tya1 wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:47 pm
Anderson's Maryville HS won their district championship and Anderson was MVP in the district championship tourny with 29 points in the championship game. Today they beat Devin Sibley's old high school - Knovxille Karns - by 28 points to advance to the regional semi-finals on Tuesday.

Here is a story about Anderson beating the Maryville scoring record. He is on the left side of the photo. Lee Humphrey, who previously held the record, is on the right. Humphrey was listed at 6'2" when he played for Florida. Not much difference. The photo is from 2018.
LINK

From what I can tell Anderson is much much quicker than Andrew Taylor and has played against much better competition than what Taylor faced in high school.
I've checked out Taylor's games a couple of times since he became eligible. Marshall must be happy with what he contributes. He has started every game since gaining eligibility and averages about 9.5 ppg, 4.4 rebs., 2 steals, and 3 assists while playing over 31 minutes a game. He is hitting about the same percentage from three point range as Lyons and Hunter. His turnover rate would be a little high for a Paladin point guard. Marshall was 3-6 before he joined the team. They are 11-9 since then. He looks pretty athletic when I have watched. I don't know what the situation was here, but he looks like a good D1 guard from what i've seen.

Taylor left because Hunter and Bothwell are better and beat him out, and I am confident Anderson would do the same in the future

Recent Topics

Default Avatar FU VS W&M GAME THREAD

by The Jackal

Sat Sep 21, 2024 10:02 pm

Default Avatar What just happened?

by The Jackal

Sat Sep 21, 2024 7:33 pm

User avatar What just happened?

by bj93

Sat Sep 21, 2024 7:32 pm

by Flagman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 6:39 pm

by Flagman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 6:38 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.