• Furman @ ETSU (Feb. 19)(SoCon Showdown)

#25653  by fufanatic
 Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:37 am
CharlieFU wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:04 pm
Bothwell is capable of averaging 15 ppg next year. I’m not concerned about replacing Lyons. Just I wasn’t too worried about Croone, Acox and Rafferty when they left. Plenty of talent to go around
Maybe I’m too overconfident, but I think he could average more than that. He’s had a little bit of a cold spell of recent, but Bothwell is a special scorer for this level.
 #25658  by Paul C
 Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:20 am
FUKA61 wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:40 pm
Talking about returning players I wonder about the two who are redshirting this year. Will someone who has seen some practices think that one or both may be able to give some help next year.
Both will be fine players but the 6-4 kid Marcus Foster is supposedly closer to being ready than the big man.

And I’d expect the incoming Fr PG Joe Anderson to see the floor from day 1.
 #25737  by FUpaladin08
 Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:21 am
Monday wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:48 pm
FUpaladin08 wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:39 pm
apaladin wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:48 am
We showed the last 5 minutes that we are completely lost without JL. If you had sat him the game would have gotten out of control. Missing Clark certainly hurt. Anyone heard anything on Clark. The coach say anything on the postgame?
This is my concern for next year. Very excited about our returning players, but we need to see who will be the dependable shooter (specifically beyond the arc) going forward.
Mounce, Bothwell, Gurley, Pugh and Hunter all have a better 3pt% than Lyons.

Gurley, Mounce, Bothwell, and Slawson all have a better FG% than Lyons.
Scenario: Furman down by 3 with last possession. Who do you want taking that 3, Lyons or one of the other guys? Case to be made for Bothwell, but I’m not giving to any of the other guys over Lyons.

I do think Bothwell becomes the guy next year but we will need that clutch player to step up with Lyons gone. Without Lyons on the court we looked bad against ETSU. With Lyons on the court he hit the clutch shots we needed against Wofford and who could forget the 3 to put us in OT against VMI.

“That guy” is on the roster and we’ll be fine without Lyons. I think replacing Croone and Sibley were much tougher tasks.

Recent Topics

Default Avatar FU VS W&M GAME THREAD

by FurmAlum

Sat Sep 21, 2024 9:48 pm

Default Avatar What just happened?

by The Jackal

Sat Sep 21, 2024 7:33 pm

User avatar What just happened?

by bj93

Sat Sep 21, 2024 7:32 pm

by Flagman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 6:39 pm

by Flagman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 6:38 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.