• Bracket Talk

#25140  by Flagman
 Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:26 am
Just wanted to start a thread about brackets and move the talk from threads about other teams.

The first bracket speculation had us in Tampa. Now we’ve been moved to Sacramento. What’s wrong with Greensboro? The NCAA could take a hint from the football side and consider regional pairings to reduce travel and make it easier for fans, especially those fans from small mid-major schools.
QCGlue liked this
 #25142  by Roundball
 Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:40 am
Flagman wrote:
Just wanted to start a thread about brackets and move the talk from threads about other teams.

The first bracket speculation had us in Tampa. Now we’ve been moved to Sacramento. What’s wrong with Greensboro? The NCAA could take a hint from the football side and consider regional pairings to reduce travel and make it easier for fans, especially those fans from small mid-major schools.
The NCAA basketball tournament has plenty of money. I doubt they consider what the FCS does with its playoff schedule.
 #25143  by raleigh fan
 Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:00 am
What's wrong with Greensboro is our seeding won't match up with the preferred seeded teams. One will be Duke who is most likely a 2 seed. We are not a 15 or good enough to be in 7-10 game opposite. The other one looks to be Maryland who is straddling that 2/3 line week to week. Same problem if they're a 2...if they're a 3 I don't think we fall to 14 if we've won...we might get pushed to an 11 for the 6/11 game though I see ETSU more likely for that. Since they slot the higher seeds in location first that's the problem with Greensboro.
Affirm liked this
 #25146  by Affirm
 Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:16 am
Roundball wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:40 am
Flagman wrote:

The NCAA basketball tournament has plenty of money. I doubt they consider what the FCS does with its playoff schedule.
Though it appears that the Gamecock women are going to be playing 2 games in Columbia then 2 games at The Well (hosted by SoCon) before heading to New Orleans to wrap things up and collect their trophies on April 3 and 5. So yes, lots of reduced travel expense for them, including team and fans.
 #25150  by Roundball
 Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:47 am
bigpurple75 wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:15 am
I think most of this discussion is very premature. I hope the players are not thinking as this.
I hope they dream of going to the Big Dance.
MNORM, QCGlue liked this
 #25152  by fufanatic
 Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:59 am
bigpurple75 wrote:
I think most of this discussion is very premature. I hope the players are not thinking as this.
Nothing wrong with fans looking ahead. It's exciting.
Roundball liked this
 #25153  by Davemeister
 Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:30 am
I hope the players are focused on Asheville. Take care of bidness and the Dance will take care of itself.
 #25154  by apaladin
 Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:35 am
Remember that Lunardi has nothing to do with the NCAA and his bracketology is just an educated guess. Of course the big IF is do we make the tourney? I think Lunardi is now updating his bracket every day now that selection Sunday is just a month away. There are peeps that are speculating on the bracket besides Lunardi. CBS sports has ETSU as #12 seed and FU not even as a bubble team. SBNation has FU #50 overall and a #12 seed with ETSU in the first four out and. #1 seed in the NIT.
 #25158  by furpop16
 Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:21 pm
bigpurple75 wrote:

As the West Coast representative of the UFFP this thread isn't premature at all. I've got to consider the real possibility of Paladins in Sacramento and how I'll have to make arrangements, accordingly. What a kick that'd be!
Roundball, QCGlue liked this
 #25161  by Paladin91
 Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:30 pm
Way too early for this discussion. Shouldn't come up until we have actually won the SOCON tournament.
Davemeister liked this
 #25162  by Flagman
 Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:34 pm
Paladin91 wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:30 pm
Way too early for this discussion. Shouldn't come up until we have actually won the SOCON tournament.
It's being discussed ad nauseum in other threads. Check out the Samford game thread.

Recent Topics

Default Avatar FU VS W&M GAME THREAD

by gofurman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 9:37 pm

Default Avatar What just happened?

by The Jackal

Sat Sep 21, 2024 7:33 pm

User avatar What just happened?

by bj93

Sat Sep 21, 2024 7:32 pm

by Flagman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 6:39 pm

by Flagman

Sat Sep 21, 2024 6:38 pm

Twitter

About Us

GoPaladins.com is the latest iteration of The Unofficial Furman Football Page. Launched in August of 1996, The UFFP welcomes fans of all FCS football teams - and fans of the more inferior sports, too - for discussion, cameraderie, and even the occasional smack talk.

For example, Furman has nearly twice as many Southern Conference football championships as the next best SoCon member, and over three times as many as The Citadel....which is why they must carry our luggage

GoPaladins.com is not affiliated with Furman University or its athletics programs.